Chris Duke

Middle School and Youth State

3 hours ago, Bulldoglife said:

Never you know me better thaN THAT. 

Did you like how i played of “Rump” and led it into the “butt” joke!!!! Lol I Love Keith! 

• Upvote 1

coaches and parents that are having kids wrestle youth just so the kid has a better chance to win are doing a disservice to the kid! Losing is growing! You should always want your kids competing against the best competetion 

• Upvote 1

I want to give Joey"the Beast" Sanders a shout out.  Way to go kid.  Down 5-0 and come back and win in sudden death.  I have watched this kid since he started.  Has a outstanding family... His mom (Mary) was home sick with the flu.  This kid had a gut check and elevated his self to win..  Great Job Joey..... I just hope Louisville has enough beer for Matt.  Wish I was there.  Track live was awesome.  Great job all participants, and especially Raider Wrestling.  All coaches and parents, outstanding job.  you go Keith.   

• Upvote 1

Congrats Sanders nice win...

The finals were fun to watch..Those kids put on a show.. 

CONGRATS TO ALL THE CHAMPS and State players.. 

If anyone hears of any KY Tournaments over the summer

Or near by states putting on Tournaments,  over the summer please post them on here for everyone to see. 

The tournament was well run..  I was a little Surprised we didn't have a larger crowd.. 

The live stream was a good idea.  Gonna have to purchase a track membership so I can watch all the matches again. 

It was a fun year.  

High school will be getting some solid wrestlers coming up. 

#Kentucky #Wrestling. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2018 at 1:31 PM, pin2win said:

It's 2018... we can't send out an email and vote online? There are tons of survey software out there we could use. Create the survey/poll and send the link out.

This goes back to them eliminating districts, which is another topic that needs to be discussed... but I hear it now "you should've come to the meetings".

We barely can get all the high school coaches to show up for the HS Coaches Clinic... what makes you think we're going to get all of the youth and ms coaches (who mostly volunteer or are paid very little) to show up to a meeting in the fall and/or spring? 

That's exactly why Kentucky wrestling is behind the 8 ball! It's like everybody wants second option for their kid to place or win a medal! Good wrestler compete in MS! If your new or not as talented you wrestle in youth! That's like saying a travel baseball team loses a competitive tournament and they want to win a medal so they go and play the local little league rec tournament so they can win! It's life people you are either good or not! If your kid loses he loses! He needs to work harder! You don't put him in youth so he can win a medal! 

OK I gained a little more knowledge over the weekend. (See and old dog can still learn).  I did not know that there was a middle school level at the Youth state. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one. When GOO Jr. wrestled only 6th and lower wrestled at Youth state.  But since there is I would agree that a MIDDLE SCHOOL kid that goes to the state tourney should not wrestle in the Youth state.  If they are elementary kids wrestling middle school then they should be allowed to wrestle at Youth state regardless of there placement or lack of at the middle school state.  

On 2/6/2018 at 7:48 PM, grappler-of-old said:

OK I gained a little more knowledge over the weekend. (See and old dog can still learn).  I did not know that there was a middle school level at the Youth state. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one. When GOO Jr. wrestled only 6th and lower wrestled at Youth state.  But since there is I would agree that a MIDDLE SCHOOL kid that goes to the state tourney should not wrestle in the Youth state.  If they are elementary kids wrestling middle school then they should be allowed to wrestle at Youth state regardless of there placement or lack of at the middle school state.  

I would AGREE  except the the youth state tournament is first broken by birth year. An 8th grader based on DOB should never wrestle a 6th grader. In some areas a 7th or 8th grade 1st year wrestler may automatically default to the MS state tournament and go 2 and out. it's cases like this that we a doing a disservice to our kids by not allowing them to compete at youth state. The old way of top 8 at MS were disqualified from youth was perfect. I say as much mat time we can give our kids the more we grow as a sport. IMHO