Sign in to follow this  
Chris Duke

Rankings 1-7-18

Trying help you out and put a spotlight on some possible errors in the rankings. At 86lbs Keegan Williams is with Maurer Coughlin, a wrestling club out of Evansville Indiana. At 105lbs Oscar JT Adams with McCracken weighed 145lbs at the Carbondale Dog Fight(bracket 84) over the weekend. Glad to help out. Thanks for taking your time and put these rankings together. It's a good tool for these young wrestlers to better themselves.

Glenn Mayes with Union Co listed in 105lbs has wrestled all season from 113lbs to 121lbs but weighed in over the weekend at Jon Davis Middle School tourney in Illinois at 118.5lbs.

3 hours ago, Bruin Fan said:

Glenn Mayes with Union Co listed in 105lbs has wrestled all season from 113lbs to 121lbs but weighed in over the weekend at Jon Davis Middle School tourney in Illinois at 118.5lbs.

Thanks for the updates.  He should have been listed at 113.  He has been wrestling high school at that weight.

Couple more updates.  I double checked and unfortunately Miracle's season is over.

Phillips loses to Fletcher at 130lbs. Tisen Moore remains undefeated  and somehow gets passed by Phillips in the rankings?  Can someone explain how this works? I'm not saying it's wrong, just trying to understand.  Tisen just beat the #2 wrestler in West Virginia 7-0 and pinned the #10 wrestler in ky in 47 seconds.  I'm just trying to understand howa  kid with loses passes undefeated kids in rankings. I'm not sure if these are the rankings used to set up the brackets for state but if they are I just want my boy to get his due. That's honestly the only I'm curious.  

Just a possible update to your 140 rankings; Lane Kiser is a 6th grader and he beat Trinity Gottler in a match earlier this season. He also finished 3rd at the Woodford County Middle School tournament. He lost to Lucas Embleton at that tournament, but the kid he beat for 3rd place pinned Trinity at the tournament.

On 1/9/2018 at 7:26 AM, Moboys247 said:

Phillips loses to Fletcher at 130lbs. Tisen Moore remains undefeated  and somehow gets passed by Phillips in the rankings?  Can someone explain how this works? I'm not saying it's wrong, just trying to understand.  Tisen just beat the #2 wrestler in West Virginia 7-0 and pinned the #10 wrestler in ky in 47 seconds.  I'm just trying to understand howa  kid with loses passes undefeated kids in rankings. I'm not sure if these are the rankings used to set up the brackets for state but if they are I just want my boy to get his due. That's honestly the only I'm curious.  

I went back and forth with this one.  The main reason I switched them is Phillips has had tougher matches.  If you have the information on West Virginia rankings I would love to see them.  I've looked and I can't find them.  

I made a couple more changes.  Unfortunately Strayer is out due to injury.  The good news for Johnson Co they have a kid coming back from a football injury and should make some noise at 130.

1 hour ago, Uncle Spam said:

Just a possible update to your 140 rankings; Lane Kiser is a 6th grader and he beat Trinity Gottler in a match earlier this season. He also finished 3rd at the Woodford County Middle School tournament. He lost to Lucas Embleton at that tournament, but the kid he beat for 3rd place pinned Trinity at the tournament.

Thanks for the information.  Sounds like we leave it as is for now and see how it plays out over the next couple weeks.

On 1/9/2018 at 7:26 AM, Moboys247 said:

Brackets for state are based on placement in the region tournaments.  The 4 region champs get seeded on a conference call where criteria is discussed by coaches, starting with head to head, common opponents, then last years state placement (or lack thereof).  Everyone else then falls in the bracket based on their region placement following the region champ.  Rankings aren’t even discussed and have nothing to do with seeding at state.  Rankings are solely to give coaches and dads something to talk about ;-)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Brackets for state are based on placement in the region tournaments.  The 4 region champs get seeded on a conference call where criteria is discussed by coaches, starting with head to head, common opponents, then last years state placement (or lack thereof).  Everyone else then falls in the bracket based on their region placement following the region champ.  Rankings aren’t even discussed and have nothing to do with seeding at state.  Rankings are solely to give coaches and dads something to talk about ;-)

It seems to work nicely lol! Good job Mr. Duke. 

On 1/9/2018 at 6:26 AM, Moboys247 said:

For what it is worth.  Being Seeded two or three is the same thing. Nothing really to argue about on those two spots.    

35 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

If you are a 3rd seed then you will wrestle the 6th seed in the quarterfinals.  The second seed would get the 7th but most don't seed that far down. 

Since everyone else is drawn in by where they finished in the regional tournaments and how the region champs were seeded, in reality, whether you're the 2 or 3 doesn't really matter at middle school state.  In a truly open tournament, you are certainly correct....there sometimes is a difference between being a 2 or 3.  

You can have 3 of the top 10 wrestlers in any givin weight, ALL be in the same Region. ..

So at State... You could see a 3 seed ... That will most likley go ahead and earn a podium spot over one, of the FOUR 1 seed's ..

I think the 92 Lb weight class, May have just passed 105 as the Toughest Weight Class?

Sincerely. .... Bond James Bond.

• Upvote 1

Without knowing what kids have dropped this is where the team standings are now.

Club Teams 

1.  Walton

2.  Ryle

3.  Carr

Before bonus points I have Ryle leading.  Walton should score more bonus points and pull ahead.  I'm a Ryle Homer so everyone should know how hard it was putting Walton ahead of us.  With the injuries to Duke and Belk it will be hard to cover those points.  

School Teams

1.  McCracken

2.  Woodford

3.  Johnson

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2018 at 10:12 PM, Ranger123 said:

Ha ha CPD. We will all have much better view of the team outlook in about 5 days. 

Stinks for Noah and Belk to miss the end of the year. 

Ranger you have no idea........ By now I would have been kicked of of 2 tournaments..  You know the Belk reputation.. Always on the dark side of the force.  But yes.. it does stinks for jackson belk.