Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2017/2018 - JANUARY 2

Lots of good results over the last couple weeks to pour through.  And lots of rankings impacts.  We also attempted to make some adjustments.  We decided that any kids who have not competed (based on track results) to this point will be removed until they get on the mat.  We also attempted to move kids to the weight they have been competing at (so if you didn't make the +2 by now we are assuming you won't).  There are a couple exceptions based on some "inside" info we received, but that will only last another week or so.

I'm sure there will be a lot of coaches getting track updated over the next few weeks and we may finally have a better picture.  Either way, we have a couple weights that are shaping up to look very interesting.

Rankings_17_18_0102.pdf

Ryle's dual team isn't even the best in the county. Conner should have beaten them last night. Sam Grandstaff had Cole Thomas pinned three separate times with no whistle and I didn't realize you could show a ref video replay to award points.

10 minutes ago, Tbagnky said:

Ryle's dual team isn't even the best in the county. Conner should have beaten them last night. Sam Grandstaff had Cole Thomas pinned three separate times with no whistle and I didn't realize you could show a ref video replay to award points.

So who won?

30 minutes ago, Tbagnky said:

Even if the Ref calls the pin Ryle still wins.  The final was 38-31.  I will say the Conner Coaching staff made some nice adjustments against Ryle to give them favorable matchups.  At the end of the day Ryle has gotten the best of Conner twice this year.  The future is looking up for the Raiders.  3-8th graders in the lineup against Conner last night. 

1 hour ago, Tbagnky said:

Tbagnky, I just sent you a PM