Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2017/2018 - DECEMBER 23

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

Throw Storck in there too if hes ok. 

Thank you guys for the mention. Storck will be there at 122. After pinning his opponents to the semis, he awoke Saturday morning with a spot on his eye that was questionable. We blame the curse of WCI!!! He’s blown his hamstring there, been robbed in last year’s finals from horrible officiating last year (sorry Chase! We love you!) , and now this lol. May not be the place but if you know your wrestler has something, keep him off the mat! This crap is passed kid to kid, then kid to team, then team to team. It’s frustrating beyond measure. After coming home from the Royal Rumble in VA, he brought home a 4th place finish and a lovely skin problem. Men, if the officials are doing crappy skin checks at weigh ins please tell someone. It’s likely somebody’s gotten through the cracks.

And he may not be tall in stature but the kid is stupid strong. Just ask somebody lol. Good luck and see you soon.  

• Upvote 1

I don’t think he was robbed at all. Yost beat him 5-3 last year. No offense, but I think WCI officiating is excellent. We get some of KY’s best officials every year. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, charger said:

I don’t think he was robbed at all. Yost beat him 5-3 last year. No offense, but I think WCI officiating is excellent. We get some of KY’s best officials every year. 

Yost stalled on bottom most of the 2nd and 3rd period. And when Storck had an arm and a half in and was turning him he got called for PD. No beef with you or Chase. Just a little home cooking although Friday’s officiating was really good and we saw lots of stalling calls which is what we need to see. Forces the action. Matches shouldn’t end 2-1 or 5-3. If they do, I’ll bet you a sandwich there were some missed stalling calls! Anyway, come on over and I’ll make some popcorn and we can watch last year’s finals on the boob tube and see if you have the same opinion, Coach. 

Mattingly and Storck will both be at CIWT this weekend. Adams and Miller should meet at the UC duals in a couple weeks. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Mattingly and Storck will both be at CIWT this weekend. Adams and Miller should meet at the UC duals in a couple weeks. 

Hopefully the funk will be dried up and Storck will be cleared to wrestle. 

6 minutes ago, DevilDad said:

Yost stalled on bottom most of the 2nd and 3rd period. And when Storck had an arm and a half in and was turning him he got called for PD. No beef with you or Chase. Just a little home cooking although Saturday’s officiating was really good and we saw lots of stalling calls which is what we need to see. Forces the action. Matches shouldn’t end 2-1 or 5-3. If they do, I’ll bet you a sandwich there were some missed stalling calls! Anyway, come on over and I’ll make some popcorn and we can watch last year’s finals on the boob tube and see if you have the same opinion, Coach. 

I promise you, there is absolutely ZERO “home cooking.” If anything, we have referees call against us more than for us. We are Woodford County for Pete’s sake. Lol. Hell, we have a ref that specifically calls against us and he graduated from WC. Lol. Which is ok. We only want to win the matches that we deserve, nothing more.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nike Man said:

I promise you, there is absolutely ZERO “home cooking.” If anything, we have referees call against us more than for us. We are Woodford County for Pete’s sake. Lol. Hell, we have a ref that specifically calls against us and he graduated from WC. Lol. Which is ok. We only want to win the matches that we deserve, nothing more.

I was impressed Friday. More good calls than bad. Back to last years finals at 120, if you’re laying on your belly for 10-20 seconds without making any effort to stand up, ya might be stalling!

Yost won fair and square. We film every match for Woodford wrestlers. I’ve watched it, Yost won. No need to argue about “last year”. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, charger said:

Yost won fair and square. We film every match for Woodford wrestlers. I’ve watched it, Yost won. No need to argue about “last year”. 

You’ve got your camera angle and I had mine. It’s all good though. 

Who had Goss beaten before Friday? I heard he’d beaten some good kids. For an 8th grader, he did well to last 2:15 with Storck. Kudos to him!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Goss is definitely a great young up and comer for WC. Lasting 2:15 with a senior that should have been scratched at weigh ins on Friday due to mat herpes isn’t bad at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

Goss is definitely a great young up and comer for WC. Lasting 2:15 with a senior that should have been scratched at weigh ins on Friday due to mat herpes isn’t bad at all. 

Really?? Oh now you just had to go and piss me off. Storck was not broken out on Friday. And if he was, shame on you for letting it get by the officials you paid to be there at skin checks or was that your doing?? I guess he could’ve thrown some makeup on and wrestled. But he’s got integrity. Something you lack. And on a side note I had a former ref tell me that he was offered more money to work WCI if he saw that Woodford came out a little better than everyone else. Why do you think teams that formerly participated won’t return?? It ain’t rocket science. Plus Storck wrestled a former wrestler of yours named Tucker Hurst at State a few years back. Remember him and his mat herpes??? Could he have possibly passed it to Storck then and it laid dormant?? Who knows?? But you KNEW. Didn’t you?? I’m a little older than you and I’ve been around the block a time or 2 so don’t sit here and try to shame a kid for getting mat herpes from doing something he loves on a public forum, you POS. Keep his and mine out of your mouth. You’re almost middle aged but you’ll never be 1/2 the man he already is. 

It was known by Friday night that your son would not be participating on Saturday. Either by his choice or the refs, he was done, period. You have had no problem mentioning kids names on here, (Deck, Yost, Goss, Hurst) so I have no problem mentioning yours. Why don’t you name that “ref” your speaking of. Go ahead and hate WC. Haters gonna hate hate hate. Do I have anything against your son? Nope. Anything specifically with you? Nope. But call me a pos again, and you will soon meet me face to face and that is meeting I am confident that you want to miss. 

7 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

It was known by Friday night that your son would not be participating on Saturday. Either by his choice or the refs, he was done, period. You have had no problem mentioning kids names on here, (Deck, Yost, Goss, Hurst) so I have no problem mentioning yours. Why don’t you name that “ref” your speaking of. Go ahead and hate WC. Haters gonna hate hate hate. Do I have anything against your son? Nope. Anything specifically with you? Nope. But call me a pos again, and you will soon meet me face to face and that is meeting I am confident that you want to miss. 

You’re a huge POS now. Come get you some son. Better check my record though. 

It was known Friday night?? Not only are you a POS you’re a moron. If he was broken out Friday morning his coach wouldn’t have allowed him to wrestle nor would he have made it past skin checks. 

And the only person that’s been thrown under the bus here was Storck by you, POS. So that’s 2 POS now. So hit me in the mouth next time you see me - free shot. Then I get mine. 

The refs are assigned by an assigning referee, his name is Patrick Mcnutt. We don’t have the luxury of picking and choosing who we get. That’s for all tournaments. The 6 refs we had at wci are some of our states best, hands down. 

• Upvote 1

Son? Really. That’s cute... boy. 

No need to check your record. It’s the same broken one I’ve heard for years. 

No “free shot” either. I’m not a liberal, nothing for free. 

SOME dads on this website ruin it for everyone else. It’s pathetic. Stop living your lives through your sons, stop putting a target on them, let them compete and wrestle to their best abilities without their parents getting involved. Let the coaches , coach! Let the kids wrestle! Support them as your child but don’t complain and start drama (that your children have to finish for you!)

• Upvote 2

You probably won't see me get on here and take up for Woodford guys too often (goes back to my Harrison County roots, it's in my DNA to hate them), but no way I believe a ref was seriously offered money to give them calls. That's ludicrous to even imply. MAYBE, just maybe a coach said it in jest, but I can't believe a serious offer like that was made. 

1 minute ago, charger said:

SOME dads on this website ruin it for everyone else. It’s pathetic. Stop living your lives through your sons, stop putting a target on them, let them compete and wrestle to their best abilities without their parents getting involved. Let the coaches , coach! Let the kids wrestle! Support them as your child but don’t complain and start drama (that your children have to finish for you!)

Ha ha. Oh yeah. I've been making a list and checking it twice. Some guys have made some bold statements and written checks their kids will be attempting to cash in February. We will see how that goes. 

I know both Nike Man and DevilDad personally, although neither very well, and both have awesome kids who happen to be good wrestlers. All I'm going to say is think about your sons reading these posts and the example you set by writing them. I'm as guilty as the next guy when it comes to arguing, but keep it classy on here, especially while referring to kids by name. Some parents on here actually are incapable of doing so, but that doesn't apply to either of you, and you know it. :-D

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I know both Nike Man and DevilDad personally, although neither very well, and both have awesome kids who happen to be good wrestlers. All I'm going to say is think about your sons reading these posts and the example you set by writing them. I'm as guilty as the next guy when it comes to arguing, but keep it classy on here, especially while referring to kids by name. Some parents on here actually are incapable of doing so, but that doesn't apply to either of you, and you know it. :-D

Maybe you can include this in your ranger report this year prior to and after state. :)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

Son? Really. That’s cute... boy. 

No need to check your record. It’s the same broken one I’ve heard for years. 

No “free shot” either. I’m not a liberal, nothing for free. 

Next time you see me come say hi, Nike Man.  Hide behind your computer for tonight but get in my face and I’ll embarrass you.  Sorry you’ve hated on me for years. I’m actually friends with several Woodford families. I really can’t wait to meet you. 

All this started from me explaining why Storck didn’t wrestle on Saturday. Then this smartass decides to break FERPA and tell everyone about his Gladiatorum Herpes. Like HIPA, it’s illegal to talk about someone else’s medical condition without his/her consent. He’s 18. He could actually file a lawsuit. Look it up.

I’m done with this forum. I came in here stating facts. Tyler didn’t choose to get mat herpes. But this guy up here has nothing better to do than sling mud and shame somebody. Grow up.  I love every one of these wrestlers.  I love and think the world of Chase Yost. Hell, I built him a bedroom last year. The Decks are good kids we came to know at Carr. I don’t know Tucker but I’m sure he’s a good kid. I’ve never came on here and desecrated any wrestler. Refs sure. Coaches sure. But go back through and look at my content. 

And if you want to find me, I’m always sitting with the Henry Clay wrestlers at any given tournament and have been for 5-6 years. If I said something that’s pissed you off, come tell me about it. 

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, pin2win said:

Maybe you can include this in your ranger report this year prior to and after state. :)

I'm lost... :)

• Upvote 1