Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2017/2018 - DECEMBER 23

Merry Christmas everyone!  Dutch and I worked late into the night on Thursday to get these done, but with the Gladiator and Christian Co going on over the last few days there are a lot of updates coming in the next week or so.  Hopefully a lot of coaches get their results up to date over the break.  We will begin adjusting weights if kids are not competing at the weight we expect them to be.  I really dislike bouncing kids back and forth when they drop, so many kids who are eligible for a lower class have been left there unless we had better information.  Anyway, in the next couple weeks we will be making those adjustments.

Again, happy holidays to everyone.  Thanks to everyone who has sent us email and private messages keeping us in the know on results and weights or other changes.

Rankings_17_18_1223.pdf

Jaine Stephens from Whitley county is ranked at 106 and 113. Also have heard that Lopez of Wayne at 106 has not even been to a practice yet. Great job keep up the good work. 

10 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Merry Christmas everyone!  Dutch and I worked late into the night on Thursday to get these done, but with the Gladiator and Christian Co going on over the last few days there are a lot of updates coming in the next week or so.  Hopefully a lot of coaches get their results up to date over the break.  We will begin adjusting weights if kids are not competing at the weight we expect them to be.  I really dislike bouncing kids back and forth when they drop, so many kids who are eligible for a lower class have been left there unless we had better information.  Anyway, in the next couple weeks we will be making those adjustments.

Again, happy holidays to everyone.  Thanks to everyone who has sent us email and private messages keeping us in the know on results and weights or other changes.

Rankings_17_18_1223.pdf

Thank you Ranger and Dutch for the time and energy you guys put into this. I know it’s a thankless job, but is something that everyone looks forward to seeing and I know that we appreciate you guys. Merry Christmas to the Moore and Cornett/Smith families!

9 hours ago, Big guy said:

Jaine Stephens from Whitley county is ranked at 106 and 113. Also have heard that Lopez of Wayne at 106 has not even been to a practice yet. Great job keep up the good work. 

Thanks for catching that. Will fix it next week. 

Also I have talked with a source that I trust at Wayne Co. He should be back on the mat soon. 

Merry Christmas Ranger. Thanks for all you do. And Dutch! 

Just off the top of my head;

132- Deck beat Evans

152- Andreoni beat Duke

160- Brooks beat Slayton

but we appreciate your hard work and effort! 

Big shake up at 182 at Christian Co.-  Gray beats Shantz, Leavell beats          Santiago,Shantz beats Santiago, Gray pins Leavell!!! 

Glad Ranger is the man and not me !!! 

Merry Christmas Ky Wrestling!!! 

2 hours ago, charger said:

Merry Christmas Ranger. Thanks for all you do. And Dutch! 

Just off the top of my head;

132- Deck beat Evans

152- Andreoni beat Duke

160- Brooks beat Slayton

but we appreciate your hard work and effort! 

Yes Andreoni beat Duke. But coach you can't forget about his lose to Newberry who Duke pinned.  

I agree Duke may be a little high with a 12-4 record guess you have to look at who those losses are against.  He also has two wins against Jones including one pin.  

Just to brag a little - 2014’s middle school 121 LB weight class could end up with 3 state champs in consecutive weights

160 - Max Powell

170 - Cameron Ward

182 - Dylan Gray

And a 4th with Tyler Storck at 120 who hasn’t grown since 8th grade lol. 

• Upvote 4

On 12/24/2017 at 10:34 PM, Ranger123 said:

Rankings_17_18_1223.pdf

Jayden Watson from Whitley co as beat three ranked opponents and he still hasn’t made the ranking what even??

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Rankings_17_18_1223.pdf

Jayden Watson from Whitley county as beat the number 13th and 18th kid @145 

Rankings_17_18_1223.pdf

Just now, Mattrunner said:

A7EF40B0-51FC-4433-B7D4-FE594E8EA26F.png

3 hours ago, Mattrunner said:

Jayden Watson from Whitley co as beat three ranked opponents and he still hasn’t made the ranking what even??

Some things people forget to take into consideration is also losses. You "Mattrunner" may have beat some ranked opponents but that doesn't automatically put your name in the rankings.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And you also have to give the results a couple days to get posted on track and us to update. They aren't real time. You kids can't use the microwave for everything in your life. 

Looks like Preston Mattingly has made the drop to 120 and won WCI over the weekend.  Will he be at the top of 120 in the new rankings?  From what I can see, the last time he and Deck met Mattingly won via pin.  That was last year though and they've both had great starts to their season this year. Strongest same opponent:  Mattingly over Brandon Miller  (5-2)  Deck over Brandon Miller (3-2)

Looks like 120 is working out to be a fun bracket at state.  Mattingly-Deck-Wallace-Miller-Adams can all end up standing on top of the podium. 

Thomas Deck has been at 113/115 the past 2 weekends. I’m gonna bet he stays right there. Gentry Deck is still at 132 looking very solid as well. Already pinned the #2 guy there. Those 2 brothers are dominating right now. 

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

Throw Storck in there too if hes ok. 

That's the only reason I didn't add him.  I saw that he dropped out and wasn't sure what happened.  Hopefully all is well though.