Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2017/2018 - DECEMBER 13

We had our first really big weekend of wrestling this season highlighted by the always tough Ryle Raider Rumble.  That event usually sorts out a number of questions at most weights to begin the year and it did again this time.  From what we saw on the team side, it is shaping up to be quite and exciting team race as well.  This week I have Walton-Verona, St Xavier, and Woodford Co in nearly a dead heat for the second spot behind Union Co who has a decent lead on the field.  But, anything can happen over the next 2 months.

Thanks to all those who have sent messages with updates.  Not all are reflected here based on timing of when we finished this update.  We appreciate your communication and will do our best to reflect that information going forward.  Also, there are a number of coaches who DO NOT update track in a timely manner, so there are likely a bunch of results that are not showing up here yet.

Rankings_17_18_1213.pdf

14 hours ago, CradleKY said:

its ok, you can say it, Ranger.  Walton Verona is well ahead of Woodford at this point. possibly St X too.

Walton Verona, St.X, Woodford and then at the top is Union. What else is new? I think the Woodford, Walton Verona, and St. X race is a lot closer than what your saying though

Christian Co is looking to have a good team. Don't count out Johnson Central and Madison Central. Gonna be a tough one for Union to win this year. 

21 hours ago, CradleKY said:

its ok, you can say it, Ranger.  Walton Verona is well ahead of Woodford at this point. possibly St X too.

Nope. Literally 2 points between 2nd and 4th by my calculations. 

15 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Christian Co is looking to have a good team. Don't count out Johnson Central and Madison Central. Gonna be a tough one for Union to win this year. 

Christian County is going to surprise some people..

On 12/13/2017 at 11:08 AM, CradleKY said:

On 12/13/2017 at 2:35 PM, matreturn said:

Thanks for putting this out.

Heard #1 Chase Blanton, #4 Kevin Schantz, #7 Sam Jenkins and possibly other ranked kids will be going all at 182 will be going to Louisville for a dual tournament tomorrow. Something to watch for. Anybody see any upsets there?

20 minutes ago, G3Boyz said:

Heard #1 Chase Blanton, #4 Kevin Schantz, #7 Sam Jenkins and possibly other ranked kids will be going all at 182 will be going to Louisville for a dual tournament tomorrow. Something to watch for. Anybody see any upsets there?

All 3 teams are at rumble in the hive at Louisville Central tomorrow.  T will depend on pools and how they finish in pools to come out on wither their teams will wrestle each other. 

On December 15, 2017 at 11:05 PM, tja said:

Christian County is going to surprise some people..

If Grant- Hall and Abren are wrestling, that strengthens them up. 

10 hours ago, slidebymaster said:

Looks like Jack Lucas and Jake insko are back into action today at the Five Star Classic

Sure wish the 5 Star was on Track. 

5 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Looks like we have a new number 1 at 182. Dakota Santiago of Taylor Co 2-1 over Chase Blanton of Harrison Co. 

He’s got a few more matches to go before he should be labeled #1. 

26 minutes ago, GentleBeard said:

He’s got a few more matches to go before he should be labeled #1. 

I had heard Blanton missed 5 straight days of practice and may have still been feeling the effects of strep but still, Dakota took advantage and won. Could be a new #1 soon, Leavell could move to #1

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, G3Boyz said:

I had heard Blanton missed 5 straight days of practice and may have still been feeling the effects of strep but still, Dakota took advantage and won. Could be a new #1 soon, Leavell could move to #1

I think you're right with Leavell at #1.