Sign in to follow this  
Notorious

2Lb Weight Allowance Encourages cutting weight

The STATE of Kentucky allows a 2Lb weight allowance for "Growth" In MIDDLE school? You should have to make the original weight TWICE before the 2Lb weight allowance is in effect! Or you should not be able to wrestle that weight! You have MIDDLE school kids, who never wrestled in the original weight class ALL season! Then they use the 2LB weight allowance to drop and cut weight! Should KY really be encouraging kids to use the 2LB allowance for "Growth" if they haven't wrestled that weight All year? I'm ok if they at least wrestled at the original weight class at least twice! Now in HIGH school, that's a different story!

I'm no fan of cutting weight especially kids but this is a good example of the rule. My son has use this to his benefit all three years in middle school and now his freshmen year 152 to 145. After football season he drops 1 weight under him the right way. Wrestling up helps with him getting better.  High school also has a weight assessment test that has a chart that makes it safer. But I also understand your point, over all just want  kids to enjoy the sport, and be safe.