Sign in to follow this  
EKYwrestler

Top 10 middle school wrestlers in Kentucky

Yep. But you need both facts, AND opinions to keep lively discussions and debates flowing. Use only facts and you wind up with a boring website no one will visit. Use only opinions and watch the chaos ensue. I do actually like it when Goo teaches me something when he corrects me, and I Know better than to argue FACTS with him!  Just banter between 2 old farts, All's good.

1 hour ago, Bluesdad said:

Noah and Spencer are great great wrestlers but I don't think I'd say hands down they are the best kids in the middle school ranks. There a couple more kids that are pretty darn good to. 

I say without hesitation that Spencer Moore is the best middle school wrestler in the state.  I'm not sure you could add the national accolades of the next 5 wrestlers and have what he has. The only other middle school wrestler I can think of that has a national championship is who I would put at #2 Stephen Little. He's won Tulsa Kickoff Classic  Noah Duke's strongest performance that comes to mind is his very strong showing at high school state as a 7th grader would certainly justify 3rd but with his recent loss to Brayden Giannone I would have to put Brayden 3rd and Noah Duke 4th.  It's a shot in the dark from there on out but whoever is 5th is a distant 5th from this pack.  In fact, I would be willing to say 5 thru 10 are closer than 4th and 5th. 

8 hours ago, dutch said:

I know someone is going to respond that Noah took a loss two weeks ago. That’s OK coming out of football season.  Come state tournament time, I would bet Noah is good to go for middle school and making a run at a high school state title.  

I would agree that Noah will be ready to go come state time, however, a loss is a loss.  Coming out of football or not so the nod goes to Giannone for now.  

5 minutes ago, REscalera said:

I say without hesitation that Spencer Moore is the best middle school wrestler in the state.  I'm not sure you could add the national accolades of the next 5 wrestlers and have what he has. The only other middle school wrestler I can think of that has a national championship is who I would put at #2 Stephen Little. He's won Tulsa Kickoff Classic  Noah Duke's strongest performance that comes to mind is his very strong showing at high school state as a 7th grader would certainly justify 3rd but with his recent loss to Brayden Giannone I would have to put Brayden 3rd and Noah Duke 4th.  It's a shot in the dark from there on out but whoever is 5th is a distant 5th from this pack.  In fact, I would be willing to say 5 thru 10 are closer than 4th and 5th. 

I would agree that Noah will be ready to go come state time, however, a loss is a loss.  Coming out of football or not so the nod goes to Giannone for now.  

I agree the top 3 "Spencer, Giaonne, Duke anyway you type their names their the top 3" are a step above the rest. Their monsters but their not head and shoulders above say 4-6 or 7. 5 and 6 are closer to them then you think IMO. 

15 minutes ago, REscalera said:

I agree Spencer is my number 1 right now.  Giannone takes the 2 spot beating Duke.  After talking with his dad it sounds like a rematch is around the corner.  I throw Duke in at 3 after pinning Little at the Raider Rumble.  

9 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

I agree Spencer is my number 1 right now.  Giannone takes the 2 spot beating Duke.  After talking with his dad it sounds like a rematch is around the corner.  I throw Duke in at 3 after pinning Little at the Raider Rumble.  

Mushroom cloud boom!!!!!!  Excuse my ignorance buddy.  I was not aware of that one.  You are correct. Stephen to 4th and the other 2 up to 2nd and 3rd respectively.  

27 minutes ago, Bluesdad said:

I agree the top 3 "Spencer, Giaonne, Duke anyway you type their names their the top 3" are a step above the rest. Their monsters but their not head and shoulders above say 4-6 or 7. 5 and 6 are closer to them then you think IMO. 

I'll concede the "head and shoulders" argument when it comes to every wrestler except Spencer Moore.  Although I firmly believe the others have separated themselves from the pack I'll let it go.  As for Spencer though there is no logical explanation not to have him not only at the top spot but leaps and bounds ahead.  Saying that isn't a knock against another wrestler either.  It doesn't mean that the others aren't good wrestlers themselves.  It just means that he is that much ahead of the others.  

58 minutes ago, depperschmidt said:

Yep. But you need both facts, AND opinions to keep lively discussions and debates flowing. Use only facts and you wind up with a boring website no one will visit. Use only opinions and watch the chaos ensue. I do actually like it when Goo teaches me something when he corrects me, and I Know better than to argue FACTS with him!  Just banter between 2 old farts, All's good.

Yeah but we know who the older fart is though. (just so others know its not me).:lol:

Just glad someone else out there got the "Joe Friday" reference

Had to look up your other question and seems right to me.  Wasn't sure on that one. Ya-got-me!:blink:

59 minutes ago, depperschmidt said:

Opinions keep it interesting, but when someone's opinion completely contradicts all the facts it becomes just nonsense. 

For example, we can have a lively discussion about who was better John Smith or Jordan Burroughs and throw out all the stats and our opinions and there really is no clear right/wrong answer. But if we debate Kyle Dake v David Taylor the answer has been settled. To argue otherwise is pointless. And yes I chose the Cornell example on purpose. 

17 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Opinions keep it interesting, but when someone's opinion completely contradicts all the facts it becomes just nonsense. 

For example, we can have a lively discussion about who was better John Smith or Jordan Burroughs and throw out all the stats and our opinions and there really is no clear right/wrong answer. But if we debate Kyle Dake v David Taylor the answer has been settled. To argue otherwise is pointless. And yes I chose the Cornell example on purpose. 

John Smith of course.  Go Pokes!!!!!!  

On December 15, 2017 at 7:41 AM, Ranger123 said:

Quite funny. Interesting criteria. Ignore wins and losses, just base it off being in a tough weight class. 

And where exactly did I throw anyone under the bus?  All I did was state facts that another kid has beaten multiple kids that you listed and somehow that kid isn't on the list. It's actually a pretty simple concept. 

As for Spencer, I didn't mention his name. But I will give you some facts. Like many of his teammates, most of the season he has been stepping on the scale anywhere from 3-5 pounds under weight all season. In case you are a little drowsy and need help with the math that puts him in the 80 range. But he has in fact wrestled up at 92 at multiple events this season in addition to winning a couple HS events at 106. He has hit a little spurt and has been up to 85, but will continue to wrestle right where his team needs him. 

Who is your 92 and 98? Why tech fall inferior opponents? yawn. Seems like Union Ryle Walton has made a pack. We won't upset your 92 or 98 lb weight class. And in return you worship my comments on the forum. 

If you all are going to say he could win 106 in high school if he weighed a little more. Then it's only reasonable to wrestle state at 92 or 98.  You all make me laugh.   

Top 5

1, Giaonone

2, Duke

3, Fletcher 

4, Thorton

5, Walls

who do you take off? It's not clear anyone is the best pound for pound. That's the Mike Tyson VS Mayweather argument. No way to know for sure. Yes Moore has great accomplishments. I hope he goes on to wrestler for Ohio St. And does great. I hope my post fuels him to get even better. 

Just like I hope your comments fuel Miracle, Herron and Kinley to get better since they are not up to your standards. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok. You want to keep going down this path. Let's go. 

First, you can post under as many screen names as you want. You can run but you can't hide out down there in Mt Sterling. Second, just because you continue to cry about the 2 lb allowance it won't get you past kids like Thomas and Eckman. Use your multiple personalities and screen names to attempt to make an argument instead of just getting good enough to beat the kids in front of you. 

Third, you and your kid were at John Hardin and KWOA where Spencer weighed in well below 86. You know this. Just playing ignorant to attempt to make a point. Well maybe not playing. And from what I hear your kid told spencer face to face that he was coming down to 86 after Christmas. Go for it. According to you it is so terrible your kid shouldn't have any competition. We shall see. You are coming to our place Jan 6. Go for it. 

Fourth, lets go back to your "close the gap" thread. Jealous parents spending a ton of energy focusing on other kids instead of improving their own is not how you make up that gap. 

24 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Ok. You want to keep going down this path. Let's go. 

First, you can post under as many screen names as you want. You can run but you can't hide out down there in Mt Sterling. Second, just because you continue to cry about the 2 lb allowance it won't get you past kids like Thomas and Eckman. Use your multiple personalities and screen names to attempt to make an argument instead of just getting good enough to beat the kids in front of you. 

Third, you and your kid were at John Hardin and KWOA where Spencer weighed in well below 86. You know this. Just playing ignorant to attempt to make a point. Well maybe not playing. And from what I hear your kid told spencer face to face that he was coming down to 86 after Christmas. Go for it. According to you it is so terrible your kid shouldn't have any competition. We shall see. You are coming to our place Jan 6. Go for it. 

Fourth, lets go back to your "close the gap" thread. Jealous parents spending a ton of energy focusing on other kids instead of improving their own is not how you make up that gap. 

I wish I could like this!!

Why does it seem that “Fed Up” “Notorious” and “Bond James Bond” are all the same person? I thought we came on this forum as ourselves and debated, bantered, agreed and problem solved as ourselves? Is Tanger really Ranger or Dutch? Is Bulldog really Homes or CCarr and Duke has to be Richard Escalara but not as good looking!!! IM SO CONFUSED!!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, gameface said:

Why does it seem that “Fed Up” “Notorious” and “Bond James Bond” are all the same person? I thought we came on this forum as ourselves and debated, bantered, agreed and problem solved as ourselves? Is Tanger really Ranger or Dutch? Is Bulldog really Homes or CCarr and Duke has to be Richard Escalara but not as good looking!!! IM SO CONFUSED!!

lol 

1 hour ago, Bond James Bond said:

Who is your 92 and 98? Why tech fall inferior opponents? yawn. Seems like Union Ryle Walton has made a pack. We won't upset your 92 or 98 lb weight class. And in return you worship my comments on the forum. 

If you all are going to say he could win 106 in high school if he weighed a little more. Then it's only reasonable to wrestle state at 92 or 98.  You all make me laugh.   

Top 5

1, Giaonone

2, Duke

3, Fletcher 

4, Thorton

5, Walls

who do you take off? It's not clear anyone is the best pound for pound. That's the Mike Tyson VS Mayweather argument. No way to know for sure. Yes Moore has great accomplishments. I hope he goes on to wrestler for Ohio St. And does great. I hope my post fuels him to get even better. 

Just like I hope your comments fuel Miracle, Herron and Kinley to get better since they are not up to your standards. 

You show your immaturity when you call kids inferior. Jonathan is a state champ and has only been wrestling 3 years. Far from inferior. Moore is a hammer and has beat him twice this year and Jonathan can’t wait to wrestle him again. Part of the sport take your losses learn from them and get back in the gym and grind. When you call kids inferior and go at them you have no class. Your a joke whoever you are!

On December 15, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Jonathan said:

You show your immaturity when you call kids inferior. Jonathan is a state champ and has only been wrestling 3 years. Far from inferior. Moore is a hammer and has beat him twice this year and Jonathan can’t wait to wrestle him again. Part of the sport take your losses learn from them and get back in the gym and grind. When you call kids inferior and go at them you have no class. Your a joke whoever you are!

I never mentioned your son. He's a state champ. Not sure why you would assume I was talking about him.

49 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Amen. I have been very impressed with the work Gilbert has put in. As an opposing coach it is obvious he is determined to close that gap. He came to the all star meet ready to roll and wrestled great. Definitely not in the category of inferior. Stupid to refer to a state champ that way especially when you haven't achieved that level. 

2 minutes ago, Bond James Bond said:

I never mentioned your son. He's a state champ. Not sure why you would assume I was talking about him.

You called all the 86 kids inferior. 

On December 15, 2017 at 6:41 PM, Ranger123 said:

Amen. I have been very impressed with the work Gilbert has put in. As an opposing coach it is obvious he is determined to close that gap. He came to the all star meet ready to roll and wrestled great. Definitely not in the category of inferior. Stupid to refer to a state champ that way especially when you haven't achieved that level. 

What are you talking about. When did I ever mention him?

Go back and Re read! I said why tech fall inferior opponents. I never said 86 were inferior wrestlers! Lol good try. 

Pretty simple. You admit you said tech fall inferior opponents. Spencer teched Gilbert at KWOA. Not sure how else to interpret that. 

WOW! You pretty much called the state inferior! When I had a different top 10 than yours. But good try. 

Try waking up and re-read. My first response was asking how you had 3 kids listed and left off the kid who beat them all.