3) Brayden Giaonne - Carr

4) Blue Fletcher - Carr

5) Stephen Little - Union 

6) Tanner Spalding - WV

7) Sebastian Vega - Ryle 

8) Luke Chapman - Carr

9) Reece Goss - WC

10) Levid Rodriguez - JC 

Heres my top 10. Lets see everyone else’s picks.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1. Issac Thornton

2. Braydon Geionne

3. Noah Duke

4. Bryant Beene

5. Reece Goss

6. Jeffery Kinley

7. Trayce Eckman

8. Spencer Moore

9. Cole Thomas

10. Luke Chapman

Honarable Mentions Top 10.

1. Cael Miracle.

2. Dylan Walls

3. Devon and Braedon Herron

4. Blue Fletcher

5. Olivia Merrsley & Lauren Walton

6. Nolan Bandfield & Gus Roberts

7. Nick Giamplo & Judd Powell

8. Max Speaker & Jacob Cain

8.  Skyler & Gavin Andreoni

9. Blaine Hicks & Zach Straues

10. Carter Mersserly & Steven little, Colin Tuckur Conner duddon, Chris Bagly, Vega, Spalding.

Way to many 2 name. Sorry if I miss spelt some names.

This is just an opinion of the wrestlers I like to watch. I'm sure I left off a potential state champion or 2.

• Upvote 2

A little early for this but I'll play along. Here's my top 15 picks for who I believe are the most dominate and best wrestlers in middle school in Kentucky. 

1. Brayden Giaonne  168 CWA 

2. Noah Duke 152 Ryle 

3. Spencer Moore 86 WV

4. Blue Fletcher 130 CWA

5. Cole Thomas 92 Ryle

6. Luke Chapman 98 CWA 

7. Bryant Beane 113 WV 

8. Stephen Little 152 Union

9. Joel Hatchett 140 RC

10. Reece Goss 121 WC 

11. Jeffrey Kinley 105 MC 

12. Colin Tucker 80 WC

13. Caleb Wittry 140 SC 

14. Jude Powell 92 Fairdale 

15. Nolan Banfield 92 CWA

These are just my opinion based on seeing kids this year. I know there is many other great wrestlers in the middle school Ranks. 

• Upvote 3

For the utter domination of his opponents, from what I have seen in competitions this year, Blue would have to top that list.

• Upvote 2

I just saw Isaac Thorton lose a match to Super 32 Champion 6-4 and should have had a takedown that was called out of bounds.

Byrant Bean, Spencer Moore, Cole Thomas,  Tanner Spaulding,and all the Messerly’s looked really good against some of the best kids from Ohio.

I wish they would have been able to bring full squads. Walton Verona finished 4th and Ryle finished 5th. This is extremely impressive since Ohio follows the 5 match rule and most KY kids didn’t get favorable duals. Lose first match best you can do is 7th.  Only teams to finish higher two were clubs and the other was Graham who got 3rd.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Jbrown1405 said:

I just saw Isaac Thorton lose a match to Super 32 Champion 6-4 and should have had a takedown that was called out of bounds.

Byrant Bean, Spencer Moore, Cole Thomas,  Tanner Spaulding,and all the Messerly’s looked really good against some of the best kids from Ohio.

I wish they would have been able to bring full squads. Walton Verona finished 4th and Ryle finished 5th. This is extremely impressive since Ohio follows the 5 match rule and most KY kids didn’t get favorable duals. Lose first match best you can do is 7th.  Only teams to finish higher two were clubs and the other was Graham who got 3rd.

It was a great tournament for sure. Carter Messerly had the worst draw of the day!! He drew some kid from Legacy Christian that was the MOW of tournament, I think the hammers name was... Gavin Brown!! I think Carter takes runner up or 3rd if he wasn’t realigned in bracket and had to endure this guy! 

• Upvote 4

It was absolutely a great tournament for ky kids to judge where they stand against some of the best! Bottom line is ky wrestling is very weak compared to the rest of the country and if the ky wrestlers wrestled the same caliber of kids that were at the tournament Saturday on a weekly basis they would either have to improve or settle for mediocrity.  Bad draw or not the ky kids Saturday wrestled great and should be commended for their efforts! To be the best you should practice and compete with the best often! The best wrestlers in the world practice and compete with the best wrestlers in the world on a daily basis. A wrestlers motto should always be there are zero excuses EVER!! The amount of hard work put in corresponds directly with the results put out! 

• Upvote 3

1. Blue Fletcher  .Carr  .8th

2. Noah Duke.   Ryle.     8th

3. Brayden Giannone Carr. 8th

4. Bryant Beane. Walton. 7th

5. Issac Thorton. Walton .8th

6. Dylan Walls. Tigers. 8th

7. Luke Chapman. Carr. 8th

8. Cole Thomas. Ryle. 8th

9. Jeffery Kinley. Madison 8th

10. Spencer Moore. Walton. 8th

11. Reece Goss. Woodford. 8th

12. Jude Powell Colt. 7th

13. Caleb Wittry. Scott. 8th

14. Nick Giompalo. 7th. Johnson

15. Lauren Walton  6th Carr + Olivia Messerly Ryle. 7th  

I put those two together as well...... #OlypmicBound!

This list is in no particular order!

Several left off worthy of the top 15! #KentuckyWrestling!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bond James Bond said:

Its hard to make a top 10. Without leaving Good wrestlers off. 

But you probably shouldn't leave off a kid who has beaten 3 guys on your list in the last month. Or as Dutch mentioned a multiple time state champ. 

3 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

But you probably shouldn't leave off a kid who has beaten 3 guys on your list in the last month. Or as Dutch mentioned a multiple time state champ. 

Who is Spencer Moore?  Who does he wrestle for?

11 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

Who is Spencer Moore?  Who does he wrestle for?

Ha ha. Not sure. Some little turd. But Thornton has solid wins over Kinley, Miracle, and Herron. 

It’s apparent who really follows wrestling when they leave a kid like Spencer Moore off the list. Spencer and Noah duke are the top two middle school wrestlers hands down. Spencer with his wins over nationally ranked kids and the fact that Noah is a top kid in the high school rankings. We are talking about competing in a big boy weight as an 8th grader. The last big boy in those weights as an 8th grader was Max Andreoni at 145 I believe. Max was able to compete with the big boys.

If Spencer Moore could get to at least 100 lbs he would win a high school state title at 106 this year.  

Anyone that really follows KY wrestling would agree with me  

• Upvote 1

I know someone is going to respond that Noah took a loss two weeks ago. That’s OK coming out of football season.  Come state tournament time, I would bet Noah is good to go for middle school and making a run at a high school state title.  

Yawn wake me up after the tech fall, of a kid he should have pinned in 45 seconds. 105 is by far the hardest weight class this year. Jeffery wrestles up, so he can get better competition always has. Herron has never ran from competition. So just because they lost a match doesn't mean anything to me. I respect the wrestlers who go out of there way for harder competition. It's not Moore's fault he is dominate at 86. But I made my list based off who has the hardest way to go thru state. ALL of my picks are contenders. Trust me, I'm sure that Loss you mentioned only motivated them. You should Give yourself a pat on the back for throwing excellent wrestlers under the bus.  Like I said Yawn. But now we all know how you really feel. Best to just stay humble and let the work speak for itself. 

1 hour ago, dutch said:

It’s apparent who really follows wrestling when they leave a kid like Spencer Moore off the list. Spencer and Noah duke are the top two middle school wrestlers hands down. Spencer with his wins over nationally ranked kids and the fact that Noah is a top kid in the high school rankings. We are talking about competing in a big boy weight as an 8th grader. The last big boy in those weights as an 8th grader was Max Andreoni at 145 I believe. Max was able to compete with the big boys.

If Spencer Moore could get to at least 100 lbs he would win a high school state title at 106 this year.  

If that's the case why not bump up to 92 lb or 98 lb in middle school tournament?

7 hours ago, dutch said:

Noah and Spencer are great great wrestlers but I don't think I'd say hands down they are the best kids in the middle school ranks. There a couple more kids that are pretty darn good to. 

5 hours ago, Bond James Bond said:

Yawn wake me up after the tech fall, of a kid he should have pinned in 45 seconds. 105 is by far the hardest weight class this year. Jeffery wrestles up, so he can get better competition always has. Herron has never ran from competition. So just because they lost a match doesn't mean anything to me. I respect the wrestlers who go out of there way for harder competition. It's not Moore's fault he is dominate at 86. But I made my list based off who has the hardest way to go thru state. ALL of my picks are contenders. Trust me, I'm sure that Loss you mentioned only motivated them. You should Give yourself a pat on the back for throwing excellent wrestlers under the bus.  Like I said Yawn. But now we all know how you really feel. Best to just stay humble and let the work speak for itself. 

Quite funny. Interesting criteria. Ignore wins and losses, just base it off being in a tough weight class. 

And where exactly did I throw anyone under the bus?  All I did was state facts that another kid has beaten multiple kids that you listed and somehow that kid isn't on the list. It's actually a pretty simple concept. 

As for Spencer, I didn't mention his name. But I will give you some facts. Like many of his teammates, most of the season he has been stepping on the scale anywhere from 3-5 pounds under weight all season. In case you are a little drowsy and need help with the math that puts him in the 80 range. But he has in fact wrestled up at 92 at multiple events this season in addition to winning a couple HS events at 106. He has hit a little spurt and has been up to 85, but will continue to wrestle right where his team needs him. 

I believe list like this is where we really get to see one's bias.

How can a kid that has won cliff keen USA wrestling pre season nationals, 2nd at Ohio TOC, All American at USA wrestling middle school nationals and heartland national duals 4th at Tulsa kick off classic and 2nd at Flo Nationals not be in the top of this list on those merits alone.  In those tournaments he's probably seen tougher competition than all others on this list have their entire wrestling career and he's had a whole lot of success doing so.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dutch said:

Joe Jackson,  8th. grade 2015  160lbs. regional Champ John Harden. Maybe made the semi's not sure. But I am SURE GOO will be out there to correct me if I'm wrong!

Everyone has their own biased opinions, but facts are facts.  That is what I prefer to use to discuss these types of topics.  Things like head-to-head wins, titles, national accomplishments that a black and white.  Not who won in practice or "works hardest" or is in the toughest weight class (although that one is comical as well given Thornton gets no credit).