Admittedly he is over the top and has a couple questionable things he implements in the room.

But Austin definitely wasn't considered a to recruit he lost. He was getting whooped by Vizcarrando when he was there and viz was average 

• Upvote 2

Have you checked out any of the post match interviews Flo did? Each guy showed class and grace in defeat. There is a reason these guys were wrestling on ESPN during prime time. Amazing young men. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Neutral said:

And Sammy is still doing better than the program had in the past. He has the only 2 AA in the last ten years. Also he got the programs first big 12 wins over original members of the big 12. And fixed a horendus dual meet record from the previous establishment. 

Who was even talking about WVU a few years ago? They are still a few years off but to say Sammy not making an impact a few of you may be out of touch

Don't think I am out of touch with what is going on in college wrestling, just my opinion as to what is happening now. The Big 12 is not what it used to be by no means so saying they beat some originals is not really doing much. How did the Big 12 fair at NCAA's? They were considerably down this year. I am a fan of Sammy's, but still believe he is a better assistant than head coach. I hope he proves me wrong.

Lol Austin pinned guys in opens who beat viscaronda while he was at wv Henson wanted tonpull the rs you must be too much of a Dumb A$$ to look at records or shared opponents you f& moron and oh yeah ...ncaa qualifier ....hahahahahah

• Downvote 3

But he couldn't beat Vizcarrando. It's wrestling it's a style thing. Sometimes you can beat a guy that your teammates can't beat. But you can't beat your teammate. I've seen some viscous circles in my day.

• Upvote 2

Thats good ,he wrestled a 220 unlike Austin who at Dapper.Dan lost in.ot to the pa heavyweight champ that yr then.crushed their state 220 runner up at Flo 

• Downvote 2

Elam will more than likely redshirt to grow into the weight is the consensus I'm getting. Unless the ATM is broken again then that might force their hand. 

But I think they will service the ATM and he'll have at least one more year.

• Upvote 1

Lmao oh yes its True  ,Henson gets sent out to pasteur and Chris Massive Myers adds Immortal to his monickers,what an Awesome weekend ..I live vicariously through my kids but at nearly 50 and legally handicapped I come back after over17 yrs of not competing and qualify for nationals in three divisions of the National Physique Commiitee in one comtest..leading by example at nearly half a century old.

Thats Irony ,welcome to my world the real one where legends never die they simply add to their legacy.

• Downvote 2

Seriously?

Gotta admit you were right about Sammy, and WVU was clearly not satisfied with him as a head coach.

And our congratulations and deep admiration for joining the Jack LaLanne fitness club for geezers!  What a remarkable achievement, which we are all dazzled and amazed at!  

Seriously?  We are all absolutely laughing out loud.  It seems to me your most impressive athletic feat as a quinquagenarian (look it up), is your ability to pat yourself on the back so repetitively.  You must hold the world record for at least that!!!

We are all amazed, all right.

depperschmidt, I would agree with your assessment, and we will now all sit back and listen to the explosion.  It is that absurdity that actually amuses me enough to keep reading this forum.

• Upvote 3

quit calling the dozen dirty. What one of them wrestled in nationals in 2018? Flynn and he went 0-2. There might of been more but definitely nothing deserving the moniker they got. Has any of them ever even won a match at NCAAS?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, grappler-of-old said:

Just in case you don't know. 

This is me on my comeback tour!!!:ph34r:

That's me on the right. :o

Goo, you have my vote for the Geezer wrestling attire MOW

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Neutral said:

quit calling the dozen dirty. What one of them wrestled in nationals in 2018? Flynn and he went 0-2. There might of been more but definitely nothing deserving the moniker they got. Has any of them ever even won a match at NCAAS?

Sammy is a super intense guy and a fantastic asst coach. Maybe he is not cut out to be a head coach. I'd say his recruiting resume while at W Va is pretty dismal. Outside of Moisey did any of them score team points at NCAAs?

Jake Smith. Kind of a disappointment seeing as he was ranked top 5 most his sophomore and junior year. But he scored points this year.

Matthew Schmitt took down gross in the first round and scored points this year won a match.

And of course Moisey even though he medical forfeited in his all American bout.

So nothing spectacular at all.