On 3/16/2018 at 11:05 PM, crazyotto said:

Agree 100%. Top guys are in Cleveland right now. Many guys skip Universities any more. Doesn't hold the prestige. 

On 3/16/2018 at 10:43 PM, Nkawtg said:

Wonder how many of the top guys will be at Universities?  Snyder won’t be. Coon won’t either. So many people calling themselves All Americans these days. NCAA All American is a stamp of greatness and the ultimate measure. Making the tournament, scoring points, and earning a single win is also a substantial thing. 

They are srs ,and no one said they were ncaa championships ,just stated that he would be wrestling there ...you people are such dumb @$$ wanabees that it makes this forum useless

• Downvote 2

Doesn't even reserve a response. You bash the kid and he's 2x aa and out wrestled his seed every Nationals tournament he been to. His weight class is way harder than when he was A freshman so who knows. I know the kid achieved his goal though. Probably 3x AA next year

• Upvote 2

Please don't respond to this thread during NCAA tournament  time. Instead talk about the other Ky kids at the tournament, 9 of the 10 mizzou kids who made it or the Mac heavies who qualified.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LIONHEART said:

Yeah so quit posting you fn looser troll ..as for Moissey ,a finalist as a fresh ...never to return to.finals again ...nuff said .

But he kept his grades high enough to be eligible so there is that. 

• Upvote 2

Myles Martin is an absolute stud. What a great competitor. 

Bo is just better. If I had to pick a Penn State guy to lose it would have been Hall. He mugs too much. So many great wrestlers. 

Would love to know what’s behind the droppoff of some of the studs. Dean Heil was a world beater a year ago. Imar was legitimately better his first two years than the last two in college. I think he really misses Mark Perry. 

Wrestlee of the tourney has to be Kyle Conel from Kent State. Dude is really good and has won many matches. He has to be the favorite next year at 197. Kollin Moore needs to become more dynamic. 

• Upvote 1

Otto you show your true colors   doo doo brown lol you piece of shit ,why the posts on a thread about Austin ..oh yeah shortly he will be the only ky wrestler at nationals .

• Downvote 2

Austin squeaked in tournament as a freshman and never returned enough said.

Zeke still has another year I'm sure he'll at least have a shot to do what you said he can't. Austin probably not so much

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wildcat2002 said:

He is a stud. Didn't even need a year to adjust to the weight. Weighs around 220-230.

Very impressed with this young man. Talent over size wins again. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Nkawtg said:

Would love to know what’s behind the droppoff of some of the studs. Dean Heil was a world beater a year ago. 

I think Eric Guerrero deserves a lot more credit for OK State's past success than others were willing to give him credit for.  His first year out of the program and not only did Heil drop off but the team as a whole took a huge step backward.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, crazyotto said:

Very impressed with this young man. Talent over size wins again. 

Not just that either. Coon is a legit world class Greco and freestyle wrestler. 

I think we have all been spoiled by Snyder. What he did is like Spencer Lee bumping up against Zain Retherford and beating him. 

KeShawn Hayes missing AA by an overtime loss, Moore getting pinned, and, of course, NATO getting decked sealed the deal for the team race. Proud of the Bucks with 8 All Americans. It wouldn’t have been close had Suriano stayed at Penn State though. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, REscalera said:

I think Eric Guerrero deserves a lot more credit for OK State's past success than others were willing to give him credit for.  His first year out of the program and not only did Heil drop off but the team as a whole took a huge step backward.

Very true. I think it was Ken Chertow talking about how the decline of the Big 12 is mirroring the rise of the ACC schools. That reminds me of the kid from close to where I’m from, Tariq Wilson. Unseeded to 3rd. He was good in high school but nobody predicted he would be this good this quickly. 

• Upvote 1

Oh, I almost forgot, the Chris Myers Award for Punk@$$ of the tournament goes to Austin Desanto of Drexel who nearly broke the arm of Micic, who made the finals at 133. The Iowa guys are dirty wrestlers but they are dirty within the rules of the sport. They’ll butt heads with you or club too aggressively or just after the whistle blows. I don’t think Brands would tolerate the bs Desanto did just because he got spanked. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nkawtg said:

Very true. I think it was Ken Chertow talking about how the decline of the Big 12 is mirroring the rise of the ACC schools. That reminds me of the kid from close to where I’m from, Tariq Wilson. Unseeded to 3rd. He was good in high school but nobody predicted he would be this good this quickly. 

I second the Tariq Wilson sentiment. He gets my vote for NC St mvp. Another Ohio boy shining on the big stage.

• Upvote 1

Read a nerdy-cool piece breaking down the tourney "by the numbers." Looking at bonus points scored, place vs seed, points vs projected points based on seed, etc. Iowa had a helluva weekend. Scored the most bonus and outperformed their seeds. Spencer Lee (8th seed placed 5th) and 'Cenzo Joseph (3rd to 1st) along with Nickal pin in finals sealed it for PSU. tOSU did very well, outpointing their projected seed totals with a lot of bonus points. NC State blew past expectations. Missouri dropped a big Tiger egg. The four that did place came in below their seed. Two seeded guys (5th and 2nd) did not place. I would suspect they will up their schedule quickly. I believe their contract with MAC is up soon. Might try a different conference. 

• Upvote 1

How about Zeke Moisey from West Virginia?  Trashed on this thread for losing in his conference finals.

He is now an NCAA Division 1 All American.

That included a win over Kyle Norstrem of Virginia Tech.

He is now a COLLEGE All-American!  Good for him, good for Sammy.

• Upvote 1

AS much as I like Sammy as a wrestler, I have never thought of him as an elite head coach. He pulls talented kids because of his name but I believe they eventually fall off. But his name is beginning to lose its luster with this group of incoming wrestlers. I think he makes one hell of an assistant in the right program.

31 minutes ago, 119Rider said:

AS much as I like Sammy as a wrestler, I have never thought of him as an elite head coach. He pulls talented kids because of his name but I believe they eventually fall off. But his name is beginning to lose its luster with this group of incoming wrestlers. I think he makes one hell of an assistant in the right program.

I cannot disagree with your comments.  Perhaps he should have been an assistant for a longer period of time to adjust to the differing role.  But you have a good point.

And Sammy is still doing better than the program had in the past. He has the only 2 AA in the last ten years. Also he got the programs first big 12 wins over original members of the big 12. And fixed a horendus dual meet record from the previous establishment. 

Who was even talking about WVU a few years ago? They are still a few years off but to say Sammy not making an impact a few of you may be out of touch

• Upvote 1