Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2017/2018 PRESEASON - November 7

Ranger dedicates a lot of time into this.  The wrestlers that I used to coach would complain...My response to them was simple.  If you keep pinning everybody that steps on the mat with you, then rankings don't matter.  Let's face it....Rankings are fun to read and dream about who should be where and such.

Something that people need to understand.  Trackwrestling.com is dependent on the coaches to enter the wins and losses of their wrestlers.  Some coaches are better at entering in the information than other coaches.  I have overheard more than one coach at different venues state that they only enter wins for their particular wrestlers, and that they do not enter losses.

That being said.  Most win-loss records are not as accurate as they are recorded.

My true opinion of the rankings are that they are good for the coaches.  It allows them to see who is the tougher wrestlers and can set their schedule accordingly.  They can set their schedule to the level that is needed for their team.  

Coaches can look at past participants of a tournament and decide if their team can compete or if the competition is not to their needed level. 

In Missouri now, trackwrestling is mandatory for all teams. You have to put in all events for your wrestlers. Seeding criteria at district is based upon the criteria built into track. Of course, coaches double check them but for the most part they are exact in their breakdowns. If you do not put in your wrestlers matches your school is fined and coach is penalized. Think this would help Ranger and the stat guys out on their ranking system.