Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2017/2018 PRESEASON - November 7

One last "preseason" set of rankings before we all hit the mats in a couple weeks.  Also, over the next few weeks we should see a lot of body fat results get posted.  Once we get to the first week of December we will have a better idea how this might all shake out.

Rankings_17_18_1107.pdf

Storck will wrestle at 120 this season. Sorry to shake up the rankings again! But whoa 7th at 126??? Pretty sure he's beaten the majority of those kids ranked above him there if not all of them. But hey,  you have your agenda! Watch for him in the finals at State. And thank you for your hard work! Let the comments begin haha

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

10 hours ago, DevilDad said:

Storck will wrestle at 120 this season. Sorry to shake up the rankings again! But whoa 7th at 126??? Pretty sure he's beaten the majority of those kids ranked above him there if not all of them. But hey,  you have your agenda! Watch for him in the finals at State. And thank you for your hard work! Let the comments begin haha

Have you been drinking?  Not sure what you are talking about agenda. If it is such a slouch weight then why cut down to 120?

Maybe he's cutting for the team? Who knows this is a comment board lol. Got touchy over the pre season ranking critique. He even got 2 down votes for trying to spice up the board. Jesus RANKINGS USUALLY INVOKE DISCUSSION, DEBATE, DISAGREEMENT.

It be cool if he responded with facts why he ranked where he is or a better retort than are you drinking.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Neutral said:

Maybe he's cutting for the team? Who knows this is a comment board lol. Got touchy over the pre season ranking critique. He even got 2 down votes for trying to spice up the board. Jesus RANKINGS USUALLY INVOKE DISCUSSION, DEBATE, DISAGREEMENT.

It be cool if he responded with facts why he ranked where he is or a better retort than are you drinking.

I believe Ranger was responding to the "you have your agenda" comment. Don't think it was him getting touchy over a critique. These guys doing rankings put a lot, I mean a lot of time into this. Then for them to have someone say they have an agenda for them ranking a certain kid in a certain place is pretty disrespectful. I know Ranger a little bit and I don't think he would have an agenda with anyone when he does his rankings. Rankings are just a few people's opinions. If you don't like those opinions go out in the mat and change them. Good luck to all young mean this year and God bless. 

6 hours ago, Neutral said:

How about this off the top of my head. 

His kid has finished with 3 losses at state the last couple years. I don't see any wins over the guys above him last season. Two of those kids were state finalists, a couple 3-5. 

Bluesdad hit the nail on the head. Simply state that kid A beat kid B at event C. I've always welcomed that feedback. Claiming some agenda just shows sour grapes about the rankings. 

Ranger, 

You shouldn't have to explain yourself. You do us, KY Wrestling a great service by taking your personal time do post rankings. Also, you do your homework before putting rankings out. If people want to know why a kid is ranked where you position them, they should do their homework for themselves. Furthermore, this is a simple fix, if someone doesn't like their position then do something about it. In other words, BEAT SOMEBODY!!!...

• Upvote 1

Thanks. Yes, if they don't like it, they can fix it on the mat. BUT we can definitely miss results. We are far from perfect. So come back at us with facts not false claims. 

I have a feeling we will be surprised after the first weekend of competition. I’ve talked to a few kids who have hit 25-30 pound growth spurts. Sounds like steak and steroids seems to have been the off season diet for some. Haha

I appreciate the rankings. Might provide some with motivation.  Should be a fun year.

I'm sure there will be a ton of updates in 3 weeks. So many of these kids are off the radar in the off season so we have no clue about growth. I don't try to guess so I generally leave them where they were until I get solid info. Fat tests are coming in now so we get a little insight on growth there. 

Just stirring the pot!!! It's all good, man. Being off the radar is good thing.  Being highly ranked gives kids false confidence since they're so hung up on rankings, anyway. It's just sad that some kids don't get the respect they've earned. As a parent, I'm gonna call BS when I see something that's questionable.  Who'd have thought Storck would wrestle a now 6 time super 32 champ/top 5 kid (nationally) in the second round at Super 32! Tough draw! But funny we didn't see any of those kids wrestling there that are ranked above him. Just my 2 cents!!  And If you don't think I'm entitled my opinion then this isn't a forum of discussion - just turn off comments. So to address the guy that says A beat B... Storck beat Miller at State, Storck beats Lampe hands down, and I'm too busy to look at the rest but I'm sure there's more guys up there in front of him he's beaten. You bored fact checkers can look into that. See y'all soon! Thanks again for your time and effort. 

27 minutes ago, DevilDad said:

Just stirring the pot!!! It's all good, man. Being off the radar is good thing.  Being highly ranked gives kids false confidence since they're so hung up on rankings, anyway. It's just sad that some kids don't get the respect they've earned. As a parent, I'm gonna call BS when I see something that's questionable.  Who'd have thought Storck would wrestle a now 6 time super 32 champ/top 5 kid (nationally) in the second round at Super 32! Tough draw! But funny we didn't see any of those kids wrestling there that are ranked above him. Just my 2 cents!!  And If you don't think I'm entitled my opinion then this isn't a forum of discussion - just turn off comments. So to address the guy that says A beat B... Storck beat Miller at State, Storck beats Lampe hands down, and I'm too busy to look at the rest but I'm sure there's more guys up there in front of him he's beaten. You bored fact checkers can look into that. See y'all soon! Thanks again for your time and effort. 

I think I have the Millers confused... they're twins after all! Even though they were old teammates I still get them confused lol

In the end I guess the lesson is don't let rankings get in your head. 

Yes wrong Miller. And storck beats lampe hands down from dad doesn't give me anything to rank on. Lampe was 5th at 126 with a win over a defending state champ. Storck was 6th at 120. Nothing there says hands down better to me. 

As for for this being a discussion forum, yes it is. But when you claim I have an agenda apparently against your kid I will come back on that. 

Meanwhile, I've received a couple messages from others during this discussion regarding real matchups that could impact rankings. 

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

What happened with Kestin Mcclain and Tristen Spaulding?

Spalding found his love for food and is resting at 145 for now.  

3 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Yes wrong Miller. And storck beats lampe hands down from dad doesn't give me anything to rank on. Lampe was 5th at 126 with a win over a defending state champ. Storck was 6th at 120. Nothing there says hands down better to me. 

As for for this being a discussion forum, yes it is. But when you claim I have an agenda apparently against your kid I will come back on that. 

Meanwhile, I've received a couple messages from others during this discussion regarding real matchups that could impact rankings. 

I guess you never learned what assume meant (<you make an> ass <outta> u <and> me)  First you assumed Storck was going 26 after you just saw him in NC at 120.  Doesn't make sense why you'd put him in a different class - to me, anyway. You also assumed I was talking about an agenda against Storck? Why would you? Our kids are in different weight classes...  The agenda I'm referring to is getting rankings out with not much to go on until weight assessments. Maybe I used the term incorrectly in this case. Goal might have been better. 

And being of average intelligence I guess you thought I'd miss the potshot about the "real matchups" as if Storck couldn't be in one. Real classy. I'll go on and predict the finals at 120 will be Storck and Cagen Wallace, another fine young man whose father I actually like. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my crow. If it comes to fruition it'll be a hell of a match not to mention a real matchup. 

I will start with where we agree. Yes Chad Wallace is a great guy. Easy to root for him and his kids. And yes agenda probably wasn't the best word to use there. And actually I agree storck is the #2 at 120 if I rank him there.

Where we will disagree...  

if you look closely I have every kid who competed at super 32 ranked at a higher weight. In general kids have wrestled at a lower weight down there with the night before weigh-in and it being October vs knowing you have a 2 day state weigh-in in February for state. As for your assumed potshot had nothing to do with your kid. I was referring to some changes at heavyweight where a coach sent me some head to heads that I may have missed. Not your assumptions against lampe or reference to the wrong Miller. 

6 minutes ago, SnapDrag285 said:

Is Campbell County under going this major of a rebuild? Ranked in the 60's?

They just graduated a big group of experienced kids and have a sizable gap in numbers and talent to what we have seen in the past. They have a few kids with the ability to make some noise, especially in the upper weights (plus Tom KC). 

7 hours ago, DevilDad said:

What is Tyler's biggest win from last year? 

Sam Bacon beat Roth during the season losing to him at state.    

Tyler certainly deserves his recognition and I've been guilty of being a homer in the past but I'd have to disagree with Ranger and put Bacon at 2nd and Storck at 3rd unless he has a better win.

30 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

They just graduated a big group of experienced kids and have a sizable gap in numbers and talent to what we have seen in the past. They have a few kids with the ability to make some noise, especially in the upper weights (plus Tom KC). 

That makes sense. Hopefully they continue to build well through youth and have some potential talented first time wrestlers joining as under classmen.

On 11/12/2017 at 11:16 AM, DevilDad said:

I do not believe he should be ranked 2nd at 120 either. Who at that weight has Tyler beat?? You cant just rank someone just because you think they should be there. It's about who actually has won matches. Ranger has done these for many years now and is very well at what he does. I've known him for a very long time and do know that he is not bias at all. He picks no favorites, all he knows is cold hard facts. If you don't have facts then you cant argue with him...