Sign in to follow this  
JGriffith115

John Hardin Veterans Memorial MS Tournament/Spots open

We have now have a spot open.  

Registration date extended till Thursday Nov 2nd by 11pm.

Nov 4th, 2017 once again will be the season opener at John Hardin for MS.  Below is a list of confirmed teams attending this years tournament.  

We will be running 4 mats and try to stay paperless this year to speed things up.

Coaches we can now take Club Cards for payment day of tournament if you would like to pay that way or via Check day of.

Please send email to Coach Jeremy Griffith @ JeremyGriffith115@hotmail.com if you are not listed below and plan to attend.  Thank you.

Teams currently confirmed:

Union County, Christian County, Kentucky Stars, Walton Verona, Carr Wrestling Academy,  LaRue County, Adair County, Madison County, Campbell County, Central Hardin, Mead County, we also have a lot of out of state individuals registered.

Don't leave your wife's at home.  We have added a Vendor Fair to our Tournament this year.  Attached is a flyer with all info on which vendors will be set up in our common area to add alittle something extra for everyone.

001.jpg

22752759_1993434920682967_639628411_n.jpg

Edited by JGriffith115
Registration date extended

Congratulations to John Hardin for surviving another competitive tournament. 

Some great young talent at this tournament Saturday. Was good to see the Kentucky wrestlers back on the mat. Coach Griffith did a good job working through the Track Wrestling glitch in the morning and it seemed to work the rest of the day. The hospitality room was delicious and the young lady with the 3 kids running it was tougher than the UFC fight Saturday night!! One on the hip, a baby strapped to the front and one that was helping her out.  The officiating did a great job, even with the new rule in place that confuses everyone(your toes are no longer a support member of your body). They seemed to call this consistant all day.  And their needs to be a rule to penalize teams that continue to coach from 2 sides of the mats,this is getting old!!

Things that can help our sport and get more to return to this tournament: Can you find a way to reduce the long breaks. 3 open mats to try and align every bracket seemed like it created a lot of wait time for the fans/ parents. Also the announcer/JH coach said, to a group of us coaches standing around waiting, that it's mandatory to allow the wrestlers a 1/2 hour between matches. This is furtherst from the truth and it seemed their was enough matches to avoid this when only one round of consi's and 2 rounds of championship rounds were wrestled before the hour break. It's your privately held tournament. You can run it within a reasonable timeframe to allow the wrestlers rest but also moving it along. Then some Kids waiting 3 hours to wrestle their 1st match. Just seemed unbalanced. I believe this tournament could have wrapped up by 2 pm even with the track set back. I think everyone in that gym would have been extremely thankful to get in a great day of competition and been home by dinner time. Just my 2 cents worth. 

Congrats to all the wrestlers yesterday. Seen some great young talent today. After the track glitches and the hour break it went pretty smooth. Excited for a great year of wrestling. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, gameface said:

Also the announcer/JH coach said, to a group of us coaches standing around waiting, that it's mandatory to allow the wrestlers a 1/2 hour between matches. This is furtherst from the truth and it seemed their was enough matches to avoid this when only one round of consi's and 2 rounds of championship rounds were wrestled before the hour break. 

Actually that IS the truth. NFHS (High School) rules are 45 minutes...Kentucky voted to to middle school at 30 minutes since periods are shorter. Tennessee it's 45 minutes. 

2 hours ago, wrestleref said:

Actually that IS the truth. NFHS (High School) rules are 45 minutes...Kentucky voted to to middle school at 30 minutes since periods are shorter. Tennessee it's 45 minutes. 

I stand corrected. Thank you for the clarification!!

18 hours ago, wrestleref said:

Actually when KSWA went to USA Wrestling rules, its only a minimum of 15 minutes between matches. 

7 hours ago, plantmanky1 said:

Actually when KSWA went to USA Wrestling rules, its only a minimum of 15 minutes between matches. 

USA Wrestling does only require a 15 minute break between matches. So this is left to the discretion of the tournament director. But all post season tournaments will be run according to the rules that were established by the committee. This is the same as it has always been.

37 minutes ago, CoachC said:

USA Wrestling does only require a 15 minute break between matches. So this is left to the discretion of the tournament director. But all post season tournaments will be run according to the rules that were established by the committee. This is the same as it has always been.

Thank you Jon. That's what I thought. But when WRESTLE REF decided to dispute the recovery time, I figured it best to just leave it alone. I've been to the meetings and I also read the USA's rule book in regards to this. I knew it was a descretionary call just like it was to allow the one lone wrestler from Tennessee to weigh in after weigh ins were closed. (Which was the right call due to an honest error). My point I was trying to make is that this tournament could be finished much earlier and still have all the great competition/ support from the parents and teams. Great program trying to run a great tournament. Just some honest feedback from an appreciative coach. 

Just getting a chance to read y'alls feedback.  Jeremy and I appreciate it as we try to make this a premier season opener again next year.  We have learned some valuable lessons and will make next years even better.  I will sure to pass along the praise to our team moms, they run a tight ship!

Coach T.

• Upvote 1