Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2017/2018 PRESEASON - SEPTEMBER 13

Well, I still have some feedback I need to incorporate, but enough little birdies bugged me for an update so here it is.  I also included another little nugget for your reading pleasure, the follow up to the state Ranger report (less much of the commentary, but the data/info is worth reviewing).

A few interesting items of note...

- check out the 4 Year Gap comparison in the report review; some amazing stories of kids working their tails off to improve

- a lot of changes to lineups and injuries that may affect lineups even more over the next few months, but Union is still the favorite going into the season

- I'm hearing a lot of kids are growing like weeds, but we only hear updates on less than half of the state for this, so expect more significant weight changes in the near future

- 2017 All Star Classic is set for Sunday, October 15 at John Hardin HS; keep your eyes and ears open for updates and matchups in the coming weeks

Rankings_17_18_0913.pdf

Ranger report 2017 FOLLOW UP POST.pdf

It's about time!!!!  Thanks for giving us something to read.  

Zach Straus is in the 8th grade. 

Cameron Willis looked big at middle school state I'll be surprised if he makes 182. 

For the most part I have received input from coaches or others in the know and taken them for their word. I'm sure most are giving their best guess but with growing kids you never know until they get in the room every day. 

4 hours ago, pin2win said:

Any reason why Joe Jackson isn't ranked for Johnson Central? I believe he was only a Sophmore last year.

Good catch. Meant to put that in the notes. Word I received is he was injured in football and will miss the season. Hope he recovers quickly and comes back next season. 

Thanks for the update Ranger. I hate to hear about any injury to any wrestler. Best wishes and prayers to Joe. Hope the young man is able to come back and compete.

3 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Good catch. Meant to put that in the notes. Word I received is he was injured in football and will miss the season. Hope he recovers quickly and comes back next season. 

Thanks for the deets! Hate to hear that and send my prayers and best wishes to Joe and Johnson Central! 

Thanks for the rankings. 

Rumors have been floating around that Paul perry (106) has transferred to valley and will be wrestling 113. Aubrey Burke (106) has also transferred to valley and will remain 106. I have seen these two at a couple off-season tournament and they look tough!

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Kentucky wrestling said:

Thanks for the rankings. 

Rumors have been floating around that Paul perry (106) has transferred to valley and will be wrestling 113. Aubrey Burke (106) has also transferred to valley and will remain 106. I have seen these two at a couple off-season tournament and they look tough!

Thanks.

I heard Paul Perry wasn’t at Meade County as well.