IndianaJoe

8th Annual IndianaMat Hoosier Preseason Open September 10th

Registration is now open for the 2017 IndianaMat Hoosier Preseason Open! Last year we had 647 wrestlers from 11 states with many top wrestlers including Fargo placers, Super 32 placers, and numerous state champions and placers. We have always had a great turnout from Kentucky and look forward to many more top wrestlers heading to Indiana.

***New in 2017***
Please note this year we will cutoff entries after the first 650 PAID entries have been reached or our September 6th at 10pm CST deadline whichever comes first.

We will NOT be allowing walk-up registrations this year.

Information Link
http://indianamat.com/index.php?/topic/52374-article-8th-annual-indianamat-hoosier-preseason-open-september-10th/

Registration Link
http://www.trackwrestling.com/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?tournamentGroupId=281977009

Be careful not to call this guy out on Indiana Mat.  He's obviously got thin skin.  He can call out a kid from KY on his Indiana Mat forum and/or Twitter but if this grown man gets called out for doing just that he will ban you from his sight. 

On 7/26/2017 at 9:31 PM, IndianaJoe said:

Registration is now open 

• Upvote 1

Looks like a lot of talented wrestlers making their way north from Kentucky.

Just as a reminder that we will be closing registration at 650 entries and are less than 200 away. There will be NO walk-up registration this year.

Our upper weights are always hit or miss this time of year. We have had very good numbers though in the past.

Here is a list of colleges that have notified me they are attending. As of right now we have 20 schools from all divisions coming.

Indiana- D1
Northern Illinois- D1
Indianapolis- D2
Tiffin- D2
Adrian- D3
Alma- D3
Heidelberg- D3
John Carroll- D3
Manchester- D3
Mount Union- D3
Ohio Northern- D3
Olivet- D3
Trine- D3
Wabash- D3
Calumet College- NAIA
Cumberlands- NAIA
Indiana Tech- NAIA
Lindsey Wilson- NAIA
Ancilla- NJCAA
Muskegon- NJCAA

Looks like the tournament is going to fill up. Only 12 spots left. We have 27 KY guys signed up right now. Woodford County alone is bringing a total of 8 wrestlers.

I am more and more impressed every year with wrestling in Kentucky. There are some hammers in the state and the quality is getting better by leaps and bounds.

Thanks to those that made the trip north and have been making the trip for multiple years. Next year's event will be September 9th, so mark your calendar now.

• Upvote 1

106- Thomas Deck made it to the finals. 2nd place.

116- Cowan and Preston both won a match

123- Tylan Tucker won 2 matches.

129- Mattingly and Pledger won 2 matches. Gentry Deck placed 4th.

135- Nate Wheeler wins 2nd place. 

141- Trent Johnson- 3rd place 

148- Wyatt Andreoni and Tristan Brooks both won matches

155- Smallwood made it to the semis 

I'm sure I missed a few. Pretty impressive to me. 

• Upvote 2

EAST, thank you for the compliment. The kid is dedicated for sure. Nate looked like a hammer this weekend as well. He looked a lot bigger than last year. A long way from what those two looked like wrestling in the youth state finals years and years ago! Best wishes to you guys this year. 

2 hours ago, EAST said:

CJ looked great he has been putting work this summer !!!

Great Job

2 hours ago, REscalera said:

If anyone is looking big I would put my money on Mattingly.  Holy cow 129!!!!  Way to hit some growth spurts!!!!

He isn't going106 until after Christmas Richard lol! He definitely hit a growth spurt he's all ass!

On 8/9/2017 at 6:05 PM, REscalera said:
25 minutes ago, DMATTINGLY said:

He isn't going106 until after Christmas Richard lol! He definitely hit a growth spurt he's all ass!

So zeke hasn't hit 130 or so since state.!! Preston has put on some size, I want him wrestling 52 at the start of the season lol!

15 minutes ago, DMATTINGLY said:

Heck no!!!!!  This past weekend we were talking about what weight to register at for super 32, 106 or 113.  I'm thinking I need to come buy and get some of your water and send it his way.  Haha!  Tell Preston good luck!

36 minutes ago, REscalera said:

Heck no!!!!!  This past weekend we were talking about what weight to register at for super 32, 106 or 113.  I'm thinking I need to come buy and get some of your water and send it his way.  Haha!  Tell Preston good luck!

You're always welcome to come Richard, but I would stick with the water he's chugging now lol. He's good enough to go to whatever weight he wants to. He's a frieken stud!! Preston and Amanda said to tell him hi! Preston said he better kick some ass!! I hope he's liking his new school, and I hope he knows all Ky wrestling fans are excited to see what all he's going to achieve!! Represent ZEKE!! Tell Zeke we all said good luck too!!

On 9/11/2017 at 7:27 PM, Eminent said:

135- Sheridan Willoughby 2-2

Thanks Eminent for mentioning Sheridan. He's worked hard this offseason. I also would like to say thank you to Charger and the Woodford family for letting us come to club this offseason. There the greatest bunch of people I've ever had the privilege of working with! Sheridan has learned a lot! Thanks again.