Sign in to follow this  
goblue1231

Cougar Challenge Summer Tournament

Hey Coaches

We are hosting a tournament on Sat June 3rd at Centennial High which is just south of Nashville. We are about 1 or 2 minutes of I-65 South so it is an easy find. We generally have pools of 5-6 so everyone is getting 4 to 5 matches with guys their own experience level. Last year we had pools that were filled with state placers and others that were all new wrestlers. If you are interested just send me an email with the wrestlers name, apx weight and experience level. You can bring in the forms and payment day off. All the info is listed below

Thanks

Phil Pelkey

Centennial Wrestling

philipp@wcs.edu

Cougar Challenge

Tournament Format:

3-4 Mats depending on numbers

-  (1) 3 Minute period (hoping for 4-6 matches per wrestler)

-  1 Minute sudden victory overtime

-  Still tied after 4mins of wrestling the official will flip a coin.

-  No Referee’s Position

-  Out of bounds or lack of activity result in a neutral start

-  10 point technical fall

-  No escape point (contested or not)

-  10 second opportunity to turn the opponent before neutral start.

-  The ten second rule restarts after each point scored.

-  10 second clock does not start while opponent is in the near fall criteria.

Weight Classes:

105;115;125;135;145;155;165;175;190;210;240;285

-Tournament officials have the ability to block weight classes if needed. In the past few years we have grouped wrestlers as close to weight and ability as possible and had great match ups.

Cost: $20 per wrester

- Pre registration required.

-When: June 3rd.  weigh ins 8am wrestling starts at 9:30.

The past 2 years we have been out the doors by 2pm.

-Where: Centennial High School

5050 Mallory Lane Franklin TN

Wrestler:  _______________________

Projected Weight Class: ___________  2017-2018 grade level __________

School or Club: _____________________

Last Year’s Results (for seeding) ______________________

Contact Info:        _______________________

Waiver Form

AMATEUR ATHLETIC WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY

READ BEFORE SIGNING

In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Centennial High Schools Cougar Clash Tournament and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:

1) The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program could be significant and while I understand the tournament will take all the precautions to try and prevent such an injury I do not hold them responsible in one should occur.

2) I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately;

I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.

_________________________________________________    DATE SIGNED:______________________

(Participant's Signature)

FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE

(UNDER AGE 18 AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION)

This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's involvement or participation in these programs as provided above,           

DATE

(Parent/Guardian Signature) _____________________________

Emergency Phone Number:_(________)_________________