Sign in to follow this  
wildcat2002

Ky results NCAA

Sean gets a nice first rnd pin. Will wrestle tonight in the championship bracket.

Kyle loses a close one. Was needing a takedown to tie, almost had it but couldnot break his opponents grip.

Austin myers. Didn't take a shot the whole match. Was in the match losing 1-0 going into third. Austin has choice, austin goes against the better judgment of his coached and chooses bottem ( they wanted neutral). Austin can't muster an escape attempt. Wrestles the next 2 minutes from his belly, gives up 4 near fall on a tilt and nearly more from a previous tilt, gets warned for stalling and loses 6-0.

• Upvote 2

So much for the exceptional heavyweight class from the MAC - with 5 qualifiers in the NCAA tournament.  All 5 lost the first round.

In fairness to ATM, with the way the first period went I might have taken down as well.  An escape could have gotten you to OT.  The guy rode very tough.

• Upvote 2

You know Wildcat, maybe you should be the one booted from this site. Your comments are meant to stir the pot just as much as anybody's. Whatever was between you and Mr. Myers is over. How about we just root the kid from KY on for once.

I DO root for ky kids! Just not that one ky dad. 

I have Sean slated as an outside shot to AA and was screaming at the TV for tj to break the grip and get the upset in his match.

Did I post anything that wasn't fact?

Looking ahead

Fausz: gets 5 seed Lambert. They have split their matches. Fausz has been on a roll and I won't be surprised if he advances in the champ bracket.

TJ: 1st consi is very winnable which would set up probable match against Short who he beat earlier this year. He would be in good position to place from there.

Austin: I know nothing about Crawford. He has a nice record, but got smoked in 1st round. A win there would set up a very winnable opportunity against a fellow MAC opponent as two MAC guys face off in 1st consi. 

• Upvote 1

Austin loses to 8th seed rs sr 2x AA kroells has top 20 flo ranked Crawford next ....Gunning loses to Snyder like veryone will no MAC guys are seeded so no surprise they lose lol 1 to 0  going into 3rd not.bad for.the only fresh hvy in.the tourny and surprise goof a lot of heavies never shoot if the 2x AA from minn rs sr kroells was such a good shot he would have gotten.a td on.Austin.but he did not .... pretty obvious that Austin easily surpasses Kroells level.by his own.sr yr .....I would have put him neutral too but then again you have to.get away and.he lost many matches as a kid when.I put him down.against bigger kids and it paid off in.the end as it will before hes done as a coach though im.probably in.his @&& 

And yes wildcat is a wuss of a human being who should be banned theres a reason im always back ...what I say and more importantly what I.have helped others do is relevant .and not a single not 1 sr MAC heavy all ar fr soph or jrs .

They will be Back

1 hour ago, 119Rider said:

You know Wildcat, maybe you should be the one booted from this site. Your comments are meant to stir the pot just as much as anybody's. Whatever was between you and Mr. Myers is over. How about we just root the kid from KY on for once.

Exactly i might not argee with Mr Myers at times but to constantly attack Austin is dumb the majority of his posts are aimed at getting Myers to go on a rant...

"His posts are aimed at getting Myers to go on a rant.."

When does some of the responsibility fall back on the ranter? Simply posting results or counters to his outlandish claims is not wrong. Let's get back on topic. Sean has a huge match coming up and is kentucky chance best at future AA.

• Upvote 1

Just don't take it out on the kid Austin from all accounts is a preet good kod bantering back and for with Papa is one thing dont do it at Austins expense though....

And Sean is looking great!

Like his chances against Cruz

2 minutes ago, tja said:

Just don't take it out on the kid Austin from all accounts is a preet good kod bantering back and for with Papa is one thing dont do it at Austins expense though....

And Sean is looking great!

Like his chances against Cruz ? I know i do...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat2002 said:

Sean Fausz!!!! Beats #5 seed to move into the quarters against the 4 seed from lehigh. 1 match from AA!

Good stuff! Lambert is an absolute stud. Thank you for the updates! 

Maybe I'm naive, but down 1-0 going in to the 3rd period against a 2x AA isn't bad at all. I know Austin is a competitor and wanted to win, but perspective is key. 

47 minutes ago, wildcat2002 said:

Sean Fausz!!!! Beats #5 seed to move into the quarters against the 4 seed from lehigh. 1 match from AA!

I knew things looked good when he got the 1st period TD and ride out. That's what champions do, score at the end of the period. To shut down Lambert like that was outstanding. Representing KY well

• Upvote 2

OK, I am a former collegiate wrestler myself, so I am no novice.  Why in heavens name did they take ATM to the neutral position in the 3rd period?  I'm sorry guys, that was a bad call by the Mizzou staff.  Also, no combinations from shots.  Good penetration a couple of times but a quick release and back out when a release up to a body lock or a drag or shuck instead of backing out might have yielded points.  Zero points in 2 NCAA matches means work to be done on offense.  Zero points in 14 minutes of wrestling against 2 guys NOT highly seeded means you retool your offense.  As strong as ATM is no underhooks or body locks?  It was hard to watch.

To say he struggles from the bottom against decent heavies is an understatement. 

This kid did appear lighter and I think austin could have got the escape, but atm does struggle against athletes also. 

I don't know anything about the Oregon kid, maybe hes really good on top? 

1 minute ago, Wrestling Dad said:

OK, I am a former collegiate wrestler myself, so I am no novice.  Why in heavens name did they take ATM to the neutral position in the 3rd period?  I'm sorry guys, that was a bad call by the Mizzou staff.  Also, no combinations from shots.  Good penetration a couple of times but a quick release and back out when a release up to a body lock or a drag or shuck instead of backing out might have yielded points.  Zero points in 2 NCAA matches means work to be done on offense.  Zero points in 14 minutes of wrestling against 2 guys NOT highly seeded means you retool your offense.  As strong as ATM is no underhooks or body locks?  It was hard to watch.

The coaching staff wanted him to go neutral in his previous match and he went against that, choosing down. Got turned and ridden. He listened to coaches this time around. All this is for naught if he scores one TD. 

Were you able to watch the match? I am streaming on ESPN. Not much action out of either guy (obviously). Crawford is really tall, Myers not so much and had trouble getting in on Crawford. Announcers questioned the decision to take neutral as well. I don't know much about Crawford. Maybe he is a good rider. In any case, Crawford moved forward most of the match but I don't recall him taking a shot. Myers attempted a few shots, halfhearted at that. Weird in that Myers attempted more shots (not saying much as neither guy did anything), but Crawford took the center of the mat and came forward the entire time. Some crafty stalling in my opinion. Announcers critical of Myers lack of aggression in 3rd after taking neutral. 

• Upvote 1

I did see the match.  I actually thought ATM had good penetration the first and second periods, however I thought they were straight in shots then a release out, with no combination finishes like a shuck, duck under, drag, etc.  one move then back out.  The Mizzou coaches should be working on that.  I absolutely believe ATM should win that match tonight.  

5 minutes ago, crazyotto said:

The coaching staff wanted him to go neutral in his previous match and he went against that, choosing down. Got turned and ridden. He listened to coaches this time around. All this is for naught if he scores one TD. 

Were you able to watch the match? I am streaming on ESPN. Not much action out of either guy (obviously). Crawford is really tall, Myers not so much and had trouble getting in on Crawford. Announcers questioned the decision to take neutral as well. I don't know much about Crawford. Maybe he is a good rider. In any case, Crawford moved forward most of the match but I don't recall him taking a shot. Myers attempted a few shots, halfhearted at that. Weird in that Myers attempted more shots (not saying much as neither guy did anything), but Crawford took the center of the mat and came forward the entire time. Some crafty stalling in my opinion. Announcers critical of Myers lack of aggression in 3rd after taking neutral. 

He did fake about 50 times while walking forward. He was chasing Ashton the first two periods. It's Austin's job to go hard for the td while losing...he didon't try many and kind of tried a lazy super duck at the end. The coaches knew going  down was bad and must have expected austin to go much hard than he did. 

The announcers did mention Austin's rank being #68 or something. I'm not sure where hey got that. I think he was in the 30's with rpi..who knows,

• Upvote 2