Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

2017 BGSG

2017 Bluegrass State Games will be July 29th at Louisville Male HS. 

We Have made the move to Louisville to try to help build numbers . We hope the move will draw more from the large number of teams in the area. 

If you have any suggestions on improving the tournament,  we are open to suggestions.  I'm looking at possibly have team trophies for teams that compete, girls division,  and possibly using trackwrestling.  More info will be coming soon

Is this a good tournament to enter 1st/2nd graders? My son is 45 lbs. and not sure if there will be competition for him. Is there generally a good turn out for little ones? I wasn't able to find past results.

Any info would be appreciated.

thanks,

The youth has grown over the last few years. I know of atleast 1 that size already registered. I think everyone got atleast 2 if not 3 matches last yr. 

It's hard with little ones, but I match them as close to weight and age as possible 

Numbers looking good so far. Kids from 40lb-100lb for the youth. 

Remember that the good thing is I will be running rd robin. I will make every possible effort to get kids a minimum of 2- 3 matches. Some will get 4 or 5. 

22 hours ago, HammerHead said:

The link says online registration is closed.

I apologize if there was something wrong. As of 630 am Monday the link is working and registration is open.  It will be open through tomorrow 

Remote sites-

Western Hills hs- Wed 6-7

Christian co- Thursday 6pm

Tates Creek- Thursday 6pm-7

Moore HS- Thursday 6pm-8

Woodford - Thur 530-730

Oldham co- Fri 6-7

S. Oldham - Thur 8

Last day to get signed up online! Great numbers and some great wrestlers will be there Saturday.  If you don't get registered online today, walk up registration is friday at Male hs. 

NO REGISTRATION ON SAT!!!

Remote weigh in at tates creek tonight is cancelled.  If you were going to weigh in there, please email coachteater@yahoo.com or call/text 859-797-2105. Sorry for late notice and inconvenience 

Already had over 50 5-12 yr Olds sign up! 

Onine is closed, but you can come to Male hs tomorrow night between 530-730 to register and weigh. 

Almost 1am and I've finished pools. Please remember tomorrow that myself and Coach McCoy of Male did what we thought was best to make pools. We tried to get kids matched up with similar wrestlers and tried to get everyone as many matches as possible. 

Looking forward to a great tournament tomorrow. We are in the small gym at Male. We apologize in advance for our small space, but on short timing we found out the big gym did not have air conditioning.  Once again, please have understanding.  

Thank you and look forward to a great day