CoachC

Team Kentucky Middle School

We are looking for wrestlers interested in wrestling in Danville Illinois at Middle School National Duals. We also need a Coach for the Blue Team. 

Cole Thomas 80lb. said he'd be interested in going and whichever team he ends up on I'd be glad to Coach. I've heard some may be going to Virginia Beach. It would be great for the ones not available to also post on here so we can gauge the interest. 

Has anybody offered up a 92 pounder... I could possibly be interested in throwing my youngest, Joshua Strayer,(5th grade) in the mix if you all need one. He took 2nd at District, 3rd at Region and went 1-2 at Middle School State. This was his first year competing at the MS level.

Jonathan Strayer

502-500-4907

jnv858@gmail.com

What dates are the tournaments scheduled for? If Blue is released in time to get back in shape and get some mat rust off him he'd be interested in wrestling. 

39 minutes ago, Bluesdad said:

What dates are the tournaments scheduled for? If Blue is released in time to get back in shape and get some mat rust off him he'd be interested in wrestling. 

March 24th - 26th

http://www.bigbashwrestling.com

NATIONAL MIDDLE SCHOOL DUALS

WEIGHT

CLASS

TEAM FEE

usaW.jpg

MUST HAVE A USA CARD

WE WILL SELL CARDS ON SITE. COST $45.00

USAW NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EVENT

click hotel

information_mw.gif

Entry Fee: $850 for 1st team.

$750 for each additional team.

NEW: Updated scoring on trackwrestling.com!

*Note* Each team must supply one table worker for scoring purposes for each team dual.

MARCH 24, 25, & 26, 2017

FRIDAY March 24, 2017

WEIGH-INS

4:00 PM TILL 8:00 PM

DAVID PALMER ARENA, DANVILLE ILLINOIS

100 W. MAIN STREET

DANVILLE ,ILLINOIS 61832

SATURDAY March 25

WEIGH-IN

MORNING WEIGH -IN IF NECESSARY 7:00 AM

COACHES MEETING 7:30

POOL ASSIGNMENTS

95 SATURDAY 8:00 AM IST ROUND POOL WRESTLING
110 SATURDAY 10:00 AM 2ND ROUND POOL WRESTLING
125 SATURDAY 12:00 3RD ROUND POOL WRESTLING
140 SATURDAY 2:00 PM 4TH ROUND POOL WRESTLING
175 SATURDAY 4:00 PM 5TH ROUND POOL WRESTLING

SUNDAY

March 26

STARTS

8:00 AM

WRESTLING STARTS

FINALS APPROX: 4:00PM

AWARDS: TEAM TROPHY 1-8

USAW NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MEDALS TO ALL TEAM MEMBERS 1-8

WILL HAVE ALL -AMERICAN AWARDS /  TOP 4 TEAMS WILL HAVE A MVP AWARDED

Wrestlers showing interest:

Colin Tucker

Cole Thomas

Blue Fletcher

Joshua Strayer 

Jeffrey Kinley 

Conner Lee

Zach Cowen

Tom Ketchen-Carter

Dalton Russelburg

Noah Duke

David Bodenbender

Michael Leicht

Ian Hughes

Is there a way to tie this to middle school state? Just offer it up at state, number 1 gets first choice, number 2 second choice etc. Or ask kids to be on the team, that may spark more interest. 

35 minutes ago, Mbrown said:

Is there a way to tie this to middle school state? Just offer it up at state, number 1 gets first choice, number 2 second choice etc. Or ask kids to be on the team, that may spark more interest. 

In the past, state champions were given first choice. Then interested placers wrestled off to fill the remaining spots.

Parents are looking for some answers.  Below are a few questions that I've been asked.

We are interested in wrestling with the Middle school team Kentucky. Would you have any information on when (day of the week) and where they would hold practices/tryouts? With baseball in full swing at that time we just need an idea of how many missed games and practices he would have.

Coach Carr is trying to find out who is interested in competing with Team Kentucky. F their is not enough response to this thread, there's a good chance we won't have one team. Coach Carr, can you provide the cost that families encured last year. Maybe this will help shed some light on cost and what they can expect. Thanks for your help Coach Carr. 

As soon as we have a coach for the Blue Team, the coaches will be able to answer all of those questions. I'm simply trying to get something put together for those interested. As of right now, we can't field a full team.

I have a couple of kids (92,98, and 105), all state qualifiers.  I will see them tomorrow at open mat, Ill talk to their folks.  Where would practice be?

23 hours ago, gameface said:

Coach Carr is trying to find out who is interested in competing with Team Kentucky. F their is not enough response to this thread, there's a good chance we won't have one team. Coach Carr, can you provide the cost that families encured last year. Maybe this will help shed some light on cost and what they can expect. Thanks for your help Coach Carr. 

I was involved as a coach with Team KY for a couple years.  Costs were roughly this--

$250 for gear (singlets and other apparel)

$150-$200 for hotel (Hotel's were roughly $75-$100 a night I think)

Obviously you'd be on your own for food.

So overall, it's about $500-$700 to participate, or at least that's what it was in 2014 and 2015 when I went.

On 2/26/2017 at 9:24 PM, Mbrown said:

That's how it was always done.  It's always been tough filling spots, especially upper weights, and often I've seen kids get an opportunity to wrestle with Team KY that weren't state placers.....they just showed up to every practice and at the very least they got to be an alternate.  It really is a great experience, and I wish more kids/parents would take advantage of the opportunity.  I'm not sure what the answer is.  I always encourage kids on my team to at the very least give it a shot...worst case scenario, there isn't a spot, but you get an extra month of training with great wrestlers.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, CoachC said:

As soon as we have a coach for the Blue Team, the coaches will be able to answer all of those questions. I'm simply trying to get something put together for those interested. As of right now, we can't field a full team.

I may be interested in Coaching.  I'll talk to my other coach, I am sure he will be interested also.

On 2/24/2017 at 4:05 PM, jnv858 said:

Has anybody offered up a 92 pounder... I could possibly be interested in throwing my youngest, Joshua Strayer,(5th grade) in the mix if you all need one. He took 2nd at District, 3rd at Region and went 1-2 at Middle School State. This was his first year competing at the MS level.

Jonathan Strayer

502-500-4907

jnv858@gmail.com

Jeffery Kinley is either going 90 or 95. I appreciate you stepping up and saying he'd be interested. We're trying to give the  finalist a day or 2 more to respond then open it up from there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, gameface said:

Jeffery Kinley is either going 90 or 95. I appreciate you stepping up and saying he'd be interested. We're trying to give the  finalist a day or 2 more to respond then open it up from there. 

Thats cool, he could do youth also. Just let me know, gonna try and keep him as active as possible this spring and summer.

• Upvote 1

Still have Weights open for this Team. Please let us know if you would like to compete for Team Kentucky. Feel free to email me at tlc.darrenthomas@gmail.com with any questions. It would be a shame to not be able to take a team,or a full team, with all the talent Kentucky has.