Sign in to follow this  
CradleKY

STATE TOURNEY UPDATES

I'll start by saying I don't know what the solution should look like, but we really need to start seeding this tournament. Maybe get coaches together and brainstorm the best way to go about it. Sheffer vs Johnson in the quarters? Crazy!! Castellano vs Ervin (combined record of 88-2) in the semis? We know those records aren't padded, either. Here are some potential blood round match ups: Insko vs Yost. Bacon vs Bates. Dodd vs Yenter. Tylan Tucker vs Payne Carr. Dallas Miles vs Smallwood. Some great wrestlers aren't going to place while some good kids will place due to unbelievable draws. I'm not saying there won't be some crazy upsets from time to time (that's what makes state intriguing and entertaining), but some of these brackets are ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gentleben1590 said:

"...some of these brackets are ridiculous."

Absolutely.  Some guys are getting a cake-walk to the semis (maybe even finals)...

17 minutes ago, CCMS_SC said:

Disturbing crowd...state tournament and stands are nearly empty!!! SAD

Because most people have to work on Fridays. Lol. The important matches should be on Saturday. 

Great match between trent and bryce, but i have to say a very questionable takedown call on the out of bownds line for bryce,  either way wouldnt have changed the outcome, trent lost when he didnt finish the takedown for a 2pt lead in the 3rd

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Because most people have to work on Fridays. Lol. The important matches should be on Saturday. 

No not LOL...if i wasn't in North Carolina, I'd be there. Do basketball fans not show up because it's Friday? 

7 hours ago, teammom said:

Absolutely.  Some guys are getting a cake-walk to the semis (maybe even finals)...

Sorry to disagree, but all any wrestler can do is wrestle the match in front of them. Everyone in the tournament earned their way in, I didn't see any free passes. While you may feel it was a cake-walk, they still had to win matches. Let's not take anything away from the hard work these young men have put into their craft. 

• Upvote 4