Sign in to follow this  
@controlwa

School Support

Just wanted to share cause I think this is awesome! School spirit and support is not only supported but highly encouraged.

Want to give a shout out to our Principal Fulk (Former N. Oldham head wrestling coach) and our athletic director at Marion C. Moore HS for setting this up. We will have bus filled with fans and our student body. #KNOWmoore 

Fan Bus .jpg-large

• Upvote 2

Really love this idea to get fan and school support. Could you imagine how much louder these first day matches would be if 10 other schools followed? There's already a good, loud crowd for semis and medal rounds. An extra thousand kids in the venue on the first day would make it really rockin' when their guys came out. Hope further ideas are implemented in the future. Anything to possibly turn a kid onto the sport is a great idea.

Kudos guys. 

Wow... I'm really impressed and slightly jealous. In the 4 years of my HS wrestling career, the AD never attended the state tournament (or any match for that matter), let alone a send off like that! Having that level of support is so important. These kids earn that recognition. Hopefully, some schools can use this as a blueprint. Thanks for sharing! 

• Upvote 1

It wasn't that long ago that Zeke came home from school telling us, with such excitement, about him and his classmates waving to and cheering on the high school wrestlers as they went through town on their way to state.  "I'm going to be in that bus some day." He would tell us. Hook, line and sinker.  Our 2 kiddos in elementary school say they're friends talk about it all day long.  They say the ones that wrestle talk about riding it too. Coach Tackett, thank you for all of your support.  You and our entire school board do a wonderful job of supporting all of our athletes and probably haven't the slightest clue as to how much things like this give our kiddos something to work toward. 

20170216_083000_s01.mp4

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, REscalera said:

It wasn't that long ago that Zeke came home from school telling us, with such excitement, about him and his classmates waving to and cheering on the high school wrestlers as they went through town on their way to state.  "I'm going to be in that bus some day." He would tell us. Hook, line and sinker.  Our 2 kiddos in elementary school say they're friends talk about it all day long.  They say the ones that wrestle talk about riding it too. Coach Tackett, thank you for all of your support.  You and our entire school board do a wonderful job of supporting all of our athletes and probably haven't the slightest clue as to how much things like this give our kiddos something to work toward. 

20170216_083000_s01.mp4

And people wonder why Union is such a stellar team, top to bottom, year in and year out.. Proof is in the pudding folks. Motivate them young, train them hard, and keep their spirits high when they reach the top. Nicely done. 

Just watched the 'send off' video posted above. Must say that I'm extraordinarily jealous to not have had anything close to that in my wrestling career. 

• Upvote 3