Sign in to follow this  
tja

Brackets

The way the numbers work all the 2nd round matches should have #1s vs #2s, quarters are were number 1s meet. I was wrong. 

10 hours ago, marriedtothemat said:

No if every #1 won you would have all 8 #1's facing in quarters.

And that never happens. There are some very weak #1 seeds and some tough #3 and #2 seeds

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TECHnWIN said:

And that never happens. There are some very weak #1 seeds and some tough #3 and #2 seeds

Right, I was a region champ, the last year before the change was made to the 32 man bracket, and was beat 1st round by a 4th place finisher from another region.  He went on to place 4th at state, and to place I beat the guy who beat him at regionals for 3rd.  A beats B, B beats C, C beats A lol

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 10:41 PM, marriedtothemat said:
11 hours ago, Zeus said:

Right, I was a region champ, the last year before the change was made to the 32 man bracket, and was beat 1st round by a 4th place finisher from another region.  He went on to place 4th at state, and to place I beat the guy who beat him at regionals for 3rd.  A beats B, B beats C, C beats A 

matchups and their different styles have so much to do with it. I would always beat my opponents by bigger margain than a kid who would beat me, would beat that same kid 

1 hour ago, TECHnWIN said:

matchups and their different styles have so much to do with it. I would always beat my opponents by bigger margain than a kid who would beat me, would beat that same kid 

Yep, and body types normally dictate a wrestling style.  I was behind a 3rd place finisher and then undefeated state champ my first two years, and he was very short and stocky.  The guy I beat to place that year was similar.  He was probably a better wrestler than me, but certain techniques are more effective on different guys, and I exploited this with 30 seconds left with a lateral drop for 2 and 2... he had been controlling the match until then.

I am a perfect example of why it's best if wrestlers have a variety of partners, especially during the summer when training with other teams, camps and out-of-state tournaments are available.