Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Locking out Public

So a couple regions have released their brackets. I believe Region 2 and Region 7 have to my knowledge. Other regions, even those who have brackets built and seeds done, aren't releasing their brackets to the public until the last possible second per their trackwrestling deadlines.

For years after the creation of trackwrestling's monopoly I have wondered the logic behind locking out the public once the brackets have been built. Why do we do it? What purpose does it serve?

i would guess it is because changes can occur prior to the beginning of the tournament. 

I would also guess that many coaches don't like their wrestlers looking at the brackets. 

1 minute ago, grappler-of-old said:

i would guess it is because changes can occur prior to the beginning of the tournament. 

I would also guess that many coaches don't like their wrestlers looking at the brackets. 

Both arguments make sense, I know I personally refuse to let my wrestlers look at the brackets, it makes my job ranking an entirely different region a lot more difficult though.

• Upvote 1

I can tell you that in 7 I asked coaches if we wanted to or not, we all agreed to just go ahead. 

I think some don't want to because of kids, or changes, but to be honest I think the main reason is coaches don't want to deal with the questioning of why little johnny didn't get a 2 seed, or why didn't you get him on the other side of the bracket. Then you gotta explain seeding criteria with parents and kids who don't understand, it's a headache.