ukpridewrestler11

Middle School State updates

Very true!!  Congrats. To Riley state runner up.

Olivia is out in that woodshed getting better right now so no worries. 

She would not be satisfied with 2nd, but she is truly happy for him.

• Upvote 3

On 2/4/2017 at 11:17 AM, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Looks like the rankings overlooked Riley Johnson (75) a bit. Took that Ryle girl ranked second to the wood shed 12-0. 

Not sure I follow?  Maybe overlooked a few kids not really sure I overlooked Riley.  Riley was sitting at number 5 not number 12-16.  

I did say a bit not a whole bunch. Sometimes I feel like the kids from small town west Kentucky get overlooked for their northern KY counter parts. I used the word sometimes there. Riley never looked at the rankings and didn't even know who he was wrestling, just stepped out on the mat and took care of business, until running into that buzz saw Spencer Moore in the finals! In the end it's all about exposure, and nothing brings more exposure than showing up at the state championships. Congrats to all those kids who competed and the young ones today. The future of KY wrestling is bright. 

I can almost guarantee no one other than his coaches thought another Western Kentucky kid could make the finals in Keaton Elliot but going in unknown is nothing more than advantage..

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

I did say a bit not a whole bunch. Sometimes I feel like the kids from small town west Kentucky get overlooked for their northern KY counter parts. I used the word sometimes there. Riley never looked at the rankings and didn't even know who he was wrestling, just stepped out on the mat and took care of business, until running into that buzz saw Spencer Moore in the finals! In the end it's all about exposure, and nothing brings more exposure than showing up at the state championships. Congrats to all those kids who competed and the young ones today. The future of KY wrestling is bright. 

I can honestly say feel the same way in East ky also. That's the reason we don't pay any attention to rankings. Congrats to all who placed. See you guys next year!!!

• Upvote 1

And my statement wasnt to knock anyone who does the rankings they are much appreciated i think the kids enjoy them i do they are fun talking points most of us in Western Kentucky dont get to travel to the other sides of the state so sometimes we can get over looked but honestly i kinda like it that way.

• Upvote 1

How can anyone possibly say that Western Kentucky is overlooked? Union County has always been on top and have so much talent. Their names are all over MS and HS "opinion rankings". Johnson Central always has the big studs and some great wrestlers always in the rankings. Riley Johnson wrestled his tail off today and earned a spot in the finals. Great kid!! But don't put down another wrestler like the 6th grade girl from Ryle. She may not have wrestled her best but she is an amazing female wrestler in this buzz saw boy field along with the little hammer from CWA in Lauren Walton! Congratulations to all the wrestlers on a great year!

• Upvote 3

On February 4, 2017 at 11:17 AM, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Looks like the rankings overlooked Riley Johnson (75) a bit. Took that Ryle girl ranked second to the wood shed 12-0. 

Just me or did that come across so disrespectful?

On February 5, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Chris Duke said:

Not sure I follow?  Maybe overlooked a few kids not really sure I overlooked Riley.  Riley was sitting at number 5 not number 12-16.  

Thanks for all the hard work making rankings and updates ect. See you next year coach.

1 hour ago, That's two points said:

I found it very disrespectful.  "Took that Ryle girl"....sounded like a drunk viking that just got off the ship.

3 hours ago, That's two points said:

I thought it was tasteless and disrespectful. And I don't consider myself politically correct but I do know when I talk about kids I don't bash them when 1 succeeds over the other. She didn't have the day she was hoping to have. And the little stud that did win it all wrestled great and earned his title! Leave it to a parent to cast a cloud!

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Okay. Not trying to be disrespectful. Should have said "beat the #2 ranked wrestler from Ryle in a convincing fashion." Guess we have to be politically correct all the time. 

Your kidding right?? How about not being a jerk toward a kid. Nothing political about that. Just good old common sense!

• Upvote 2

Hopefully Olivia becomes the states first female placer if no one beats her to it. I remember a girl from Campbell Co. in the mid 2000s wrestling 103 who was a match away from placing, I believe. I would say she was dominating her way at state but guess I will just say she had some victories, not to be a prick. Sorry for coming off as rude. Didn't feel like I was but my perception is not always the best when typing a message after being pumped up over a big time win. And I have no relation to Riley Johnson, so you all don't think it was one of his parents or whatnot that made that remark. 

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to all the middle school wrestlers on another great season. Everyone works so hard and puts so much time into this sport. So congrats to everyone that competed. I can't wait till next year to see Blue Fletcher back on the mat. He was wrestling very well this year before his injury and was very disappointed he couldn't compete for a middle school state championship or a high school regional title.

• Upvote 1

On February 4, 2017 at 11:17 AM, ukpridewrestler11 said:

21 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Hopefully Olivia becomes the states first female wrestler if no one beats her to it. I remember a girl from Campbell Co. in the mid 2000s wrestling 103 who was a match away from placing, I believe. I would say she was dominating her way at state but guess I will just say she had some victories, not to be a prick. Sorry for coming off as rude. Didn't feel like I was but my perception is not always the best when typing a message after being pumped up over a big time win. And I have no relation to Riley Johnson, so you all don't think it was one of his parents or whatnot that made that remark. 

He was a big 75. Did he drop weight? I think he medals at 80. He had a nice win over the JC kid. Good wrestler for sure! I had a feeling he would do good! :) . Didn't mean to quote the first part. 

• Upvote 1