Sign in to follow this  
panthers

What its all about

I watched the semi-finals match between Sr Brandon Leak North Hardin  and 8th Seth Slayton of Caldwell Co this Saturday at Ft. Knox and what a match it was both kids giving their all each and every round. In the 3rd period as the match was a close one tempers got heated little pushing and shoving went on and the ref did a good job of bringing them back to talk and wrestle. As both fought through each others final attempts to win what was still a heated exchange the match ended with Leak coming out top 9-4. Both what came next was great as Leak got his arm raised Slayton dropped his head and Brandon went back and hugged the kid and spoke with him for a while. Don't know what he said but it was kind of pass of torch so to say or a huge show or respect this young wrestler earned. As my son and I watched this unfold he turned to me and said that's why wrestling is the greatest sport there is you give it all then embrace with all the respect in the world and you mean it. Great job both kids and for you Brandon Leak you are what this sport should be thanks. 

• Upvote 5

Wrestling is the most noble of sports. Many life lessons to be learned. These young men will come to understand that the life lessons will carry them much further than any trophy ever could. 

Thanks for sharing

4 minutes ago, crazyotto said:

Wrestling is the most noble of sports. Many life lessons to be learned. These young men will come to understand that the life lessons will carry them much further than any trophy ever could. 

Thanks for sharing

The biggest lessons learned in wrestling don't come in the form of accolades. There's plenty of outstanding wrestlers that didn't translate that success to life and a career. There's plenty of guys that never saw a varsity match that have learned a great work ethic and principles through wrestling that have propelled them to great things in life. It's an amazing sport that truly turns boys into men. 

• Upvote 2