Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2016/2017 - JANUARY 25

2 hours ago, justaref said:

Sam may be a stud, but 120 is, unless I am mistaken, the most competitive hunt for the title this year out of any weight class. All the kids at that weight are neck and neck, heck Woodford has a guy that isn't even 'varsity' that could very likely place top 5 at 120 on a good day. 

Woh, slow down there ref. I never said Sam was a stud. He hasn't earned that status yet. Sam's just a tuff kid who works hard and on any given day can beat anyone but he's too inconsistent to be called a "stud". A stud would have went out Saturday with a stomach virus, dehydration and a bumb elboy and refused to lose and won all his matches. My kid works his tail off in and out of practice most of the time but he's got to learn to put it to use every time he's on the mat to be called a stud. I've got 4 boys and only one of them is a "stud". My bold prediction is that Major Bacon will be a 5 timer ;) but he's only 5 so I have awhile before you can call me full of it on that one, lmao. The only thing I was saying is I'm pretty sure Sam will look a lot better in 3 weeks than he did Saturday, I was just proud he tuffed it out. What he does will be up to him and I wouldn't count him out. I think you're right, 120 is too close to call and I don't see anyone head over the rest and I think it will be fun to watch.

I am so glad that you think this highly of the other wrestlers to send a kid out with a viral infection to roll on the mat with them. /sarcasm

PSA - if your kid is sick, have him take a day off and stop the spread.

First off, no one was aware he had anything wrong with him. After his first injury time I had thought It was from getting squeezed and maybe a loss of blood flow as the kid had him right around the neck in a head lock for a good 10/15 seconds He even said he didn't know what was wrong. He had no cough and no temp. For all we could tell it was from drinking or eating too much in the morning or. Even his first thought was something he ate. For all I know, still was something he ate. Trainer cleared him and I'm no doctor. If it was something worse he wasn't saying. Sorry if my kid didn't want to quit over a belly ache and that confuses you. If we thought or were aware that he was contagious or had something real serious he wouldn't have been drilling with our kids either.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Confused Spectator said:

I am so glad that you think this highly of the other wrestlers to send a kid out with a viral infection to roll on the mat with them. /sarcasm

PSA - if your kid is sick, have him take a day off and stop the spread.

That's the beauty of wrestling and all sports for that matter.  They teach our youth that you're not always going to be at 100%.  That sometimes you're going to have to work through a belly ache.  That people depend on you and you can't let them down for the sake of not feeling well.  At times, in order to accomplish your goals, you are going to have to sacrifice comfort.  That is, of course, if you set them high enough. 

Kuddos to Sam Bacon for making that sacrifice over the weekend and helping his team win the State Duals Championship.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, REscalera said:

That's the beauty of wrestling and all sports for that matter.  They teach our youth that you're not always going to be at 100%.  That sometimes you're going to have to work through a belly ache.  That people depend on you and you can't let them down for the sake of not feeling well.  At times, in order to accomplish your goals, you are going to have to sacrifice comfort.  That is, of course, if you set them high enough. 

Kuddos to Sam Bacon for making that sacrifice over the weekend and helping his team win the State Duals Championship.  

Contagious and communicable diseases shouldn't count as a teaching moment. Whether it was contagious in this case as further clarification from @PABacon seems to contradict his first post, then so be it.

if my kid is sick, has ring worm, or any other issue which could bring someone else down; we will sit him out and not try to cover it up. I realize I'm probably in the minority here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Confused Spectator said:

Contagious and communicable diseases shouldn't count as a teaching moment. Whether it was contagious in this case as further clarification from @PABacon seems to contradict his first post, then so be it.

if my kid is sick, has ring worm, or any other issue which could bring someone else down; we will sit him out and not try to cover it up. I realize I'm probably in the minority here.

I never said anything in my first post that he was sick all morning or the night before. I didn't even stay in the hotel with them the night before so my first contact with him was in the morning. He seemed fine before and after weigh ins and actually looked real good and like his normal self until he got up from the headlock and next thing we know he's in injury time and headed to the garbage can. Not sure where I contradict myself other than maybe my second post I did call it a stomach virus... I'm not a doctor, I could have called it a belly ache or whatever. I'm not a doctor and he never needed a doctor. He threw up, therfor he was dehydrated and needed fluids. First thing the trainer or medic on hand said was, could be something you ate. I've been coaching 7 or 8 years, I've been a referee for the last 5. I watched a kid puke his way all the way to states last year. They claimed he had food poisoning.... I'm not making claims, I don't know. I know in wrestling there's no next man up like football or other team sports. If you sit your team loses 6 points every round. In wrestling that's why we say wrestling is like life. I don't get a day off because my tummy hurts. You think he was the only one there wrestling that had any issues? You want to sit your kid at the first sign something is up and play doctor over an upset stomach at a state tournament? Maybe that's how you think it should be here in Kentucky but I'm not from here. I've watched kids break fingers, pull muscles, dislocate limbs and bleed all over the place in a regular duel meet that meant nothing and keep wrestling. I also have 9 kids, oldest two in the military and those girls are tuffer than some of these boys and when one kid comes home from school sick I get prepared for them all to get sick. I don't go crying to the school because someone must have sent their kid to school sick and got my kid sick. I apologise if my kids stomach ache,if it was a virus he apparently got from someone, got cought by anyone else but since he felt a little better Sunday with rest and felt completely great today and went to practice I'm going to assume it wasn't the plague and everyone will be alright. Good luck explaining to your team that your going to forfiet little Johnnie's weight class all day at the State Tournament because he doesn't feel 100%. Maybe that's why someone wasn't State Champs, maybe they sat every kid that didn't feel they could give it 100%. I'm just going to venture a guess that my kid wasn't the only one there out of all those wrestlers that didn't feel 100%. my wife is probably right, I shouldn't have said anything at all and shouldn't be on these forums because I have this thing where I say how I feel. I could maybe make up a name and start discussing things and pretend I'm not Sam Bacon's dad like some people do. That's just not me to make up some name, I like people to know who they are talking to. After all, I thought this was a wrestling forum but I always forget that not everyone sees wrestling as the sport I do and not everyone tries to raise their kids like I do. I'm not perfect but I won't apologize for me or my kid fighting through a little adversity. Maybe while they are checking weight and doing skin checks they can stick a thermometer up their but and have them fill out a survey on how they are feeling that day too and we can put a stop to athletes suck it up mentality and instead think about yourselves and not the team. I know I didn't stay away from my son, I hugged him and high fived him all day and I didn't get sick... So maybe it was something he ate. I feel better already. Guess no more forums for me, the wife says. I'll see you all in 3 weeks.

• Upvote 8

120 is the most stacked weight class I have seen in a long time.  I would not be shocked if anyone of the top 10 guys won that weight class.  The battle will start in the quarters and continue all the way thru the placement rounds.  This will be the bracket to pay attention to.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, dutch said:

120 is the most stacked weight class I have seen in a long time.  I would not be shocked if anyone of the top 10 guys won that weight class.  The battle will start in the quarters and continue all the way thru the placement rounds.  This will be the bracket to pay attention to.

Agreed. I think a lot of this is going to come down to region placements and where guys fall into the bracket come the big day. 

Campbell Co. seems to be having a rebuilding year. Projected 16th in state. With Trinity outside the top 20, I wonder if there has ever been years where neither one of them make the top 10?

On 1/28/2017 at 0:02 PM, Wrestling is life said:

I know I keep saying stuff about 106 but jake Mosley beat North Oldham in the north Oldham quad and I just don't understand why they keep getting out ahead of me

2 problems. First when I look on track I see you with a win over Pyles from North Oldham not Moberly. Second losses count as well when getting ranked. 

21 hours ago, Lowsingle said:

Unranked Matt Mills from Sheldon Clark has wins over #23 Hudgins, #17 Manns, and #5 Haverstick at 120lbs. He may be a sleeper coming into the state tournament. 

Yes that was an oversight on my part. Dropped him from last year's file and never picked up on him this season. Will be added now.