Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2016/2017 - JANUARY 25

Ok, another update before the big state duals weekend.  A lot of changes happening all over the place and it sounds like even more to come this weekend.  We will see.  I will believe all of them when i see them on the mat.  Too many times the rumors don't pan out.

Should be a lot of great matchups this weekend at Lindsey Wilson both team and individuals.

My early pick for MOW is the winner of 120.  I think a dozen kids have a legitimate shot at winning that bracket.  (I know, Bryce winning 4 is the odds on favorite).

Rankings_16_17_0125.pdf

120 Zach Manns And Chance Caldwell have both beaten Peter Mark this season.

Not sure about Ezavion Payton dropping to 113. He's been wrestling 120 after Christmas.

5 hours ago, Washedupwrestler said:

Theres not a single weight class where the 1 and 2 are from the same region. There goes our chances of a guarenteed 1vs2 matchup. Hopefully it happens in a couple of the tougher weights this year

106 and 126 not to mention several weight classes where state title threats are in the same region such as 195

1 hour ago, FalconWrestling said:

106 and 126 not to mention several weight classes where state title threats are in the same region such as 195

At 106 Union and Apollo are not in the same region. 

14 hours ago, matreturn said:

120 Zach Manns And Chance Caldwell have both beaten Peter Mark this season.

Not sure about Ezavion Payton dropping to 113. He's been wrestling 120 after Christmas.

Can't speak to Manns off the top of my head, but Caldwell had a rough, rough weekend so he took a nosedive. If anything, your statement may be saying that Mark is ranked too high. 

8 hours ago, FalconWrestling said:

Are you talking about region 4 at 195?

1 hour ago, Wrestling is life said:

I know I keep saying stuff about 106 but jake Mosley beat North Oldham in the north Oldham quad and I just don't understand why they keep getting out ahead of me

Could be because you didn't beat the ranked North Oldham Kid

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, warmachine said:

152- Nigel Lewis from Madison southern beat #16 Myles Harris from Tates Creek. 

I did mess up on results when I put it in, but good win with last second reverse.  But on the other side, while he's doing well, remember one win a not very high ranked guy is good, but the rankers will also see several of his wins are forfiets this yr and there are loses to lower ranked guys then harris. Reguardless, best of luck the rest of year

2 hours ago, DrBaker said:

120 rankings.

1. Wells

1. Yost

1. Wheeler

1. Insko

1. Roth

1. Storck

1. Tucker

8. Everyone else

Tucker and yost are both the same team!

but at this point I'd say

1. Wells

2. Insko

3. Yost

4. Wheeler

5. Bacon

6. Roth

7. Storck 

8. Haverstick

I don't really care if Sam Bacon is ranked, don't bother me. But I will say I was very proud of him stepping up this weekend. Every kid he wrestled was ranked in the top 15 and he took an Injury time to go puke in a garbage can his first match against (I can't remember) spent 10 minutes after at the garbage can. Won over Haverstick who was ranked ahead of him 19-8 and yes, lost to Roth (don't remember the score) but beat him this year when healthy. Pinned his next apponent (can't remember) and hurt his arm, think he blew a bursa sack or something below his elbow, swelled up and wasn't going to wrestle the last one against wheeler but changed his mind for his team. Was a rough day for him as he had no gas past the first period and you can rank him where you want or not at all. He won't make excuses, he's not that way. He lost his matches fair and square and give Roth and Wheeler all the credit in the world, they're tuff boys. But I'm pretty sure Sam Bacon hasn't taken any steps backwards since he took Wells into overtime, who seems to be your number one. Not complaining, whining or making excuses, again I'm proud of the weekend he had. I ain't saying he would have won either one of the matches he lost Saturday but I have no doubt he'll look a little better losing them in 3 weeks ;)

Should be fun! Gotta love post season, see you all there

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, PABacon said:

I don't really care if Sam Bacon is ranked, don't bother me. But I will say I was very proud of him stepping up this weekend. Every kid he wrestled was ranked in the top 15 and he took an Injury time to go puke in a garbage can his first match against (I can't remember) spent 10 minutes after at the garbage can. Won over Haverstick who was ranked ahead of him 19-8 and yes, lost to Roth (don't remember the score) but beat him this year when healthy. Pinned his next apponent (can't remember) and hurt his arm, think he blew a bursa sack or something below his elbow, swelled up and wasn't going to wrestle the last one against wheeler but changed his mind for his team. Was a rough day for him as he had no gas past the first period and you can rank him where you want or not at all. He won't make excuses, he's not that way. He lost his matches fair and square and give Roth and Wheeler all the credit in the world, they're tuff boys. But I'm pretty sure Sam Bacon hasn't taken any steps backwards since he took Wells into overtime, who seems to be your number one. Not complaining, whining or making excuses, again I'm proud of the weekend he had. I ain't saying he would have won either one of the matches he lost Saturday but I have no doubt he'll look a little better losing them in 3 weeks ;)

Should be fun! Gotta love post season, see you all there

Sam may be a stud, but 120 is, unless I am mistaken, the most competitive hunt for the title this year out of any weight class. All the kids at that weight are neck and neck, heck Woodford has a guy that isn't even 'varsity' that could very likely place top 5 at 120 on a good day. 

• Upvote 1