That's two points

Pound for Pound best middle school wrestler?

I know it's a impossible question for some to answer So don't give me that impossible to know answer! Just scroll on bye! For anyone with an opinion who is the best middle school wrestler pound for pound? I will take Zeke.

Ok, I'll bite I'll give you my top 5 in no order.  This is where they are listed in the High School Rankings.

Spencer Moore

#1 at 106 Zeke Escalera

# 11 at 145 Noah Duke maybe a little bias with this pick

# 4 at 113 Austin Grant-Hall

#6 at 126 Payne Carr

• Upvote 2

Of course I'm going to have to say Courtney Pittman because she is my kid,but I may be a little biased.Man she is tough.I am so very proud of her.I also have to give credit to her coaches because they are amazing,especially Coach Knight.

I think there are several that could be mentioned in this conversation. A few of these are Spencer Moore, Isham Peace, Payne Carr, and Noah Duke. These kids I know for sure consistently test the water outside of our state. But for me, the stand alone best from Kentucky is Zeke Escalera. He has been to almost every major folkstyle event and has had a lot of success! Plus, he gets a lot of national recognition! 

• Upvote 4

Anyone that has seen him wrestle would vote for Zeke. He has completely dominated high school kids at his weight. He is even ranked number 1 in the nation for middle school. Hard to beat that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, That's two points said:

Any relation to woodford county Pittman?

No but she wrestled J.P. in Regionals and almost pinned him.It was a good match.

4 hours ago, CoachC said:

I think there are several that could be mentioned in this conversation. A few of these are Spencer Moore, Isham Peace, Payne Carr, and Noah Duke. These kids I know for sure consistently test the water outside of our state. But for me, the stand alone best from Kentucky is Zeke Escalera. He has been to almost every major folkstyle event and has had a lot of success! Plus, he gets a lot of national recognition! 

Zeke is undoubtedly #1 pound for pound Payne coming a close second Duke and Spencer Moore right there also every kid mentioned are all hammers..

• Upvote 3

Okay,my picks are Zane Drury.Love that kid and he is a force of nature this year and then there is our 190 Dyllan Davis.First year wrestler who is phenomenal.My favorite girls in middle school wrestling is Trinity from Boundrant.She is only in the 6th. grade,Ashley the Cradle Queen from Woodford,and Courtney Pittman,my wrestling sensation who works hard and is expected to do great things.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

My vote:

Spencer Moore - He could win at 70,75,80 and maybe even 86. Glad he can only wrestle in one weight class.

Noah Duke - He could win

If they are Not in your bracket at state be happy you have a chance of winning a Ms State Title.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, She Beast said:

Okay,my picks are Zane Drury.Love that kid and he is a force of nature this year and then there is our 190 Dyllan Davis.First year wrestler who is phenomenal.My favorite girls in middle school wrestling is Trinity from Boundrant.She is only in the 6th. grade,Ashley the Cradle Queen from Woodford,and Courtney Pittman,my wrestling sensation who works hard and is expected to do great things.

If you are doing females seperate then u gotta put the Carr girl and Ryle girl in there 4 sure!

I know the Carr girl,her name is Lauren Walton and yes she is good.Who is the Ryle girl you speak of and what is her weight class?

33 minutes ago, She Beast said:

I know the Carr girl,her name is Lauren Walton and yes she is good.Who is the Ryle girl you speak of and what is her weight class?

Lauren is a little machine. My boy went against her last year in youth state. The only 2 she didn't pin in the bracket was my boy which he lost to her and the girl that beat her for the championship.  

Pound for pound I would say 66lbs 4th grader Noah Burgess from Union County is a tough little wrestler. He qualified 4th in district 1. He will be a young wrestler to watch in the next few years.

There are so many good wrestlers out there, of course ny favorite  are the Woodford wrestlers, Courtney Pittman, Jayssen Hansen of River City, Nolan Banfield, Lauren Walton, Luke Chapman of Carr. I like Zane Drury also of Anderson. Oh and Jacob Grandstaff of Walton- Verona. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/25/2017 at 10:05 PM, DrBaker said:

Anyone that has seen him wrestle would vote for Zeke. He has completely dominated high school kids at his weight. He is even ranked number 1 in the nation for middle school. Hard to beat that. 

Thanks Dr. Baker for appreciating the way Zeke wrestles and verbally patting him on the back.  I have to challenge you on that #1 ranking though.  I'm not saying he isn't wink wink I just haven't seen one list him there.......yet.  Flo has him listed at 13 on their Jr high national top 50 pound for pound rankings but that's the highest I've seen.  

• Upvote 3