Chris Duke

Middle School Ranking 1-22-17

The Regional Tournaments are over.  If your wrestler made it through the region you should find his/her name on the list.  

After going over the results from yesterday Ryle has moved into the top spot.  Walton and Union drop to second and third in the club race.

In the school teams Johnson Co brings a ton of kids to state and will be tough for other school teams to handle.  Campbell Co is in second with some big time point scorers.

Most weight classes have had the same kids around the top of it all year.  The one class I'm not sure about is 130.  For me this seems like the weight class that is wide open.

Middle school rankings 1-22-16 update.pdf

I'm still looking for the current grade of a few of these kids.  Oldham is about impossible to get information out of.  They are even harder than Johnson Co if that is possible.

11 hours ago, tcats said:

What is the region rotation for placeing alternates in open slots?

Taken from the bylaws--

Individual State – 5 th place in same region, 5th place in another region as determined by the following rotation plan: Region 2, Region 1, Region 3, Region 4

2 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Taken from the bylaws--

Individual State – 5 th place in same region, 5th place in another region as determined by the following rotation plan: Region 2, Region 1, Region 3, Region 4

Exception, due to the 240 bracket being 3 wrestlers shorts, the rollup plan is already been used to fill those spots.

In other words, rollup plan will be at Region 4 once the 240 bracket is filled with alternates. 

Region 4, Region 2, Region 1, Region 3. (Circle back around)

3 minutes ago, KSWA Staff said:

Exception, due to the 240 bracket being 3 wrestlers shorts, the rollup plan is already been used to fill those spots.

In other words, rollup plan will be at Region 4 once the 240 bracket is filled with alternates. 

Region 4, Region 2, Region 1, Region 3. (Circle back around)

The 3 vacant spots in the 240 pound weight class is filled all from the first team in the rotation or is it one alternate from each of the other regions. 

On 1/22/2017 at 0:45 PM, Chris Duke said:

The Regional Tournaments are over.  If your wrestler made it through the region you should find his/her name on the list.  

After going over the results from yesterday Ryle has moved into the top spot.  Walton and Union drop to second and third in the club race.

In the school teams Johnson Co brings a ton of kids to state and will be tough for other school teams to handle.  Campbell Co is in second with some big time point scorers.

Most weight classes have had the same kids around the top of it all year.  The one class I'm not sure about is 130.  For me this seems like the weight class that is wide open.

Middle school rankings 1-22-16 update.pdf

is it the long ranger or vision quest that does the state tournament break down and prediction of each wieght class? That's all we are missing now! We just need a good read! Throw some fuel on the fire! Post season time has a different feel about it for sure! Good luck! Sorta unless u r against us! J/K not really . ;)

3 hours ago, That's two points said:

Cain at 92 is a Dark horse who could win state in my opinion.

He has a really tough first round match up against a kid (Cameron Baker) who has won a high school tourney at 106 and is a legit possible state placer who only has a few instate losses this year. He might be the best 4 seed in the entire tourney.  If he gets by that, he's got a possible matchup with Grandstaff the overall number 1 seed in the semi's.  If he wins state, he will definitely earn it.  He has a very tough road.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, That's two points said:

Did he make State and is already ruled out?

No-- he got the concussion in the 2nd match and was taken to the ER - sad day because he would've finished in the top 4. 

My son comes in a 3 seed to face the #2 ranked kid in the state. Just had a long talk about the difference between a3 and 4 seed being huge. Don't I look dumb

4 hours ago, Jrodc said:

My son comes in a 3 seed to face the #2 ranked kid in the state. Just had a long talk about the difference between a3 and 4 seed being huge. Don't I look dumb

What weight class? A 2 or 3 seed to me is the same. No easy path to a championship!