Sign in to follow this  
Eminent

Off

I saw it live. It was a rough takedown. I'm not sure if it was legal or illegal? Hopefully some of the coaches and officials on this forum, with knowledge of the sport will weigh in on this topic, and give there opinion! But I hope your son is ok.

• Upvote 2

1st was a takedown, the second two were crotch lifts which are perfactly legal. The kid just didn't know how to properly react to being lifted. The top wrestler did what he needed to do to safely return his opponent to the mat  by the definitions of the rules. Because the defensive opponent did not know how to react properly he landed on his head. He should have put his hands down to support the lift. I believe it was a good no call after watching the video. 

• Upvote 2

I'm not debating whether they were slams or not. I know the first two were slams. Just because the move was legal does not mean it was not a slam. There would not be any slams if that was the case. You have to bring him safely to the mat. His feet were were way above his shoulders. He made no attempt to bring him safely to the mat. 

I was threatened with a lawsuit. So I had to take the video down. No doubt the first two were slams. I was just upset the ref did not stopped the match after the first slam in which he hit his head. My son has two black eyes, and took a shower in the dark today because of tha headaches.