CoachC

Team Kentucky Youth

Elementary weight classes for the event are as follows: 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 130, 140 and 160. Each team is limited to 20 wrestlers per team and must be listed on your roster. All wrestlers on a team must be from the same state. Grade verification (report card or official letter from an elementary school authority) will be required for all wrestlers. This event is for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. A wrestler cannot be in this event if he or she is 14 years old or older. Please be prepared to show proof of age if challenged. Each team will be allowed 4 coaches. From your coaching staff, you must provide table help for each dual. There will be an official score keeper that will use TrackWrestling, a camera operator, and a bopper. These duties should be divided between the 2 dual teams competing. NE USA will provide the notebook computers for each table.  All mats will be live streamed by FloWrestling.

12 hours ago, CoachC said:

Elementary weight classes for the event are as follows: 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 130, 140 and 160. Each team is limited to 20 wrestlers per team and must be listed on your roster. All wrestlers on a team must be from the same state. Grade verification (report card or official letter from an elementary school authority) will be required for all wrestlers. This event is for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. A wrestler cannot be in this event if he or she is 14 years old or older. Please be prepared to show proof of age if challenged. Each team will be allowed 4 coaches. From your coaching staff, you must provide table help for each dual. There will be an official score keeper that will use TrackWrestling, a camera operator, and a bopper. These duties should be divided between the 2 dual teams competing. NE USA will provide the notebook computers for each table.  All mats will be live streamed by FloWrestling.

Thanks

If your child does qualify for team Kentucky, how is the team admission fee of $800 collected? The Nebraskausawrestling.org site said only four coaches/team permitted, who are they? I know these questions are putting the cart before the horse, but in years past has all of this been fairly streamlined or is it chaotic?

Thanks,

The teams head coach is Seth Livingston. The other coaches will be decided on by Seth. The entry fee of $800 is covered. There are other fees involved like gear, housing, ect. You will be chosen for the team at the KWOA spring classic. This is the qualifying tournament. 

It also looks like there's different age groups as well and the weight classes aren't set up like that. so how would they figure that out if they got let's say two 70 pounders who are solid wrestlers who both got first but different age groups?

3 hours ago, SophieTrained said:

It also looks like there's different age groups as well and the weight classes aren't set up like that. so how would they figure that out if they got let's say two 70 pounders who are solid wrestlers who both got first but different age groups?

In the past, they've had wrestle offs.  You wrestle in the qualifier.  If you qualify you then go to the Team KY practice and wrestle off.  At the dual a 3rd grade 70 pounder could end up wrestling a 6th grade 70 pounder.  It's pretty exciting though and a great experience for our youth wrestlers.  If wrestling is something your little guy or gal is serious about then this trip will be well worth it.  

If you are planning to wrestle on Team Kentucky Youth. The team will be put together based on finish order at Julian Finley Memorial. If you plan to wrestle for a spot, you will have to make weight the morning of the tournament. Team Kentucky Coaches will have a scale at the tournament. You will have to declare yourself as contending for a spot, and then step on the scale.

This is completely separate from registration for the tournament. You will still have to follow registration requirements. 

12 hours ago, Brad Franklin said:

Is 160 the top weight class for the qualifier?  Does the wrestler need to be at 160 or below?  

Yes, you will have to make the weight that you plan to wrestle at National Duals.

If you plan to wrestle off for a spot on the team, please email me your name, and weight that you plan to wrestle off for so I can get you on the list for weight check to help speed things up Saturday morning.

Jon Carr

ky.nationalteams@gmail.com

If my child is under 50 pounds we are still able to try out for the 50 pound class since that's the lightest weight, correct? He is 47 pounds

Ok, he is only 12 years old so he is okay on the age restriction but it sounds like he will not qualify because he is over the 160 lb. weight limit.  Just want to make sure I have my facts straight since my son asked me about it last night.  Thanks