gpikul

2017 JULIAN G. FINLEY MEMORIAL (KWOA SPRING CLASSIC)

The 6th Annual Julian G. Finley Memorial (formerly KWOA Spring Classic) will be held on Saturday March 11, 2017 at Central Hardin High School.  I have attached the flyer.  We would like to make this the premier post-season folkstyle event in Kentucky.

Please contact me with any questions.

Thanks

Garrett Pikul, Tournament Director

KWOA Spring Classic (2017).docx

This tournament will be the qualifying tournament for Team Kentucky Youth. If you would like to be on the Dual Team that competes at Elementary National Duals, you will need to be at this tournament.

I have been getting e-mails and phone calls about our event for this year.  I have not set up registration yet and will have it set up after the KHSAA State Tournament.  Registration will be done on Trackwrestling and will be done at remote weigh-in sites.  There will be an on-site weigh-in from 6:30 -7:00 pm on 03/10.

We are looking forward to a great turnout this year.

We are looking forward to making our event one of the premier post season events in Kentucky.  We have wrestlers attending for various states.  If there are any questions concerning the event, please let me know.

Do you have remote weigh in locations set yet? We are in Northern Ky and have several kids who would like to attend this tournament.

• Downvote 1

Pre-Registration is up and running.  You may follow the link below to register for our event.  

http://www.trackwrestling.com/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?tournamentGroupId=262351009

We will be running a Women's tournament again this year.  I have attached the flyer.

I have also attached the registration form that will need to be filled out for each wrestler and turned in at registration

3rd ANNUAL KWOA Spring Classic

Women’s Tournament

March 11, 2017

Central Hardin High School   3040 Leitchfield Rd.  Cecilia, KY 42724-9619

Divisions and Weight Classes:

Girls Division 1 (Intermediate): (Born 2007-2008) Weight Classes: 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85+

Girls Division 2 (Novice): (Born 2005-2006) Weight Classes: 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 102, 110, 118, 118+

Schoolgirls: (Born 2003-2004) Weight Classes: 81, 89, 97, 105, 113, 120, 128, 137, 145, 155, 175, 195

Cadet: (Born 2001-2002) Weight Classes: 84, 88, 95, 101, 108, 115, 124, 132, 143, 154, 172, 198

Junior: (Born 09/01/1997 & after, plus enrolled in grades 9-12) Weight Classes: 97, 105, 112, 117, 121, 125, 130, 139, 148, 159, 172, 198

Format:  Double Elimination brackets for each weight-class.  Brackets with 4 or less wrestlers will use a Round-Robin format.  Size of each bracket will be determined by the number of wrestlers entered per weight-class.  Bout Length: 1-1-1(Girls Division 1/2), 1:30-1:30-1:30 (Schoolgirls), 2-2-2 (Cadets/Junior), Overtime 1 minute (Sudden Victory), 30 second (Tie Breaker)

Awards:   Medals will be given to the Top 3 Placers in each weight class

Registration:  IT IS REQUIRED THAT ALL WRESTLERS PRE-REGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT ON TRACKWRESTLING (www.trackwrestling.com).  Information on how to Pre-register can be found on the KWOA website (www.kyofficials.com).

Remote Weigh-Ins: We are STRONGLY ENCOURAGING clubs & coaches to host remote weigh-ins sites for the tournament.  If you plan on hosting a site, please contact Garrett Pikul ASAP.  Wrestlers who weigh-in at a remote weigh-in site must pre-register on Trackwrestling.  Remote weigh-in sites will be posted on the KWOA website & Kentuckywrestling.com as soon as they become available.

Entry Fee:  $20 per wrestler.  Cash or money order (made payable to KWOA) will be accepted, NO PERSONAL CHECKS

Weigh-Ins:  The only on-site weigh-in will be from 6:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. on Friday March 4. 

*THERE WILL BE NO WEIGH-INS THE MORNING OF THE TOURNAMENT.  NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Coaches may challenge a wrestler’s weight 1 hour prior to the start of the wrestler for that age division.  Coaches wishing to challenge a wrestler’s weight must notify the Head Pairer & Tournament Director immediately.

Admission:  $5 Adults, and $10 per Family ($10.00 Cooler Fee)

* A concession stand will be available throughout the day for wrestlers & spectators.

Check-In:  ALL WRESTLERS NEED TO CHECK-IN 1 HOUR PRIOR TO THEIR AGE DIVISION’S SCHEDULED START TIME

WRESTLING WILL BEGIN AT:

10:00 A.M. FOR ALL WOMEN

Questions?: Contact Garrett Pikul (KWOA Tournament Director)

E-mail:  gpikul01@gmail.com , Cell:  (716) 866-5816

2017-Entry-Form-and-Waiver (1).doc

There will be a table at this tournament to declare yourself a contender for Team Kentucky Youth. You will be required to weigh in the morning of the tournament. Team Kentucky Coaches will have a scale at the tournament for this purpose.

Hello, I just wanted to inform everyone that if they have questions between 02/27/2017 and 03/05/2017, please send them via E-MAIL ONLY to gpikul01@gmail.com.  I will be leaving the country for a tournament and will not be able to answer questions via phone calls.  I repeat, NO PHONE CALLS between 02/27/17 and 03/05/2017.

Thanks, Garrett Pikul

Ashland will be hosting a remote weigh-in site for this event on Thursday March 9th from 530-7 PM at 2341 Greenup Avenue, Ashland, KY.

POC for this is Jonathan Butterfield at 319-610-0999.

Taylor Mill Eagles are holding remote weigh-ins at Woodland Middle School on Thursday 6-730. If you can't make that time, contact Mike Sulfsted at thecoachsulfsted@gmail.com. 

REMOTE WEIGH-IN SITES THUS FAR:

Wednesday March 8:

Boyle Co. HS, Time TBD (Contact Coach Rick Robbins)

Oldham Co. HS, Time TBD (Contact Coach Aaron Riordan)

South Oldham HS, 7:00-8:00

Thursday March 9:

Ashland MS, 5:30-7:00

Moore HS, 6:00-8:00

Woodland MS Library, 6:00-7:30

John Hardin HS, 6:00-8:00

Taylor Co HS, 6:00-7:00

Bullitt Central HS, 6:00-7:00

McCracken Co. Wrestling Room (The PLEX), 6:00

Gallatin HS (Gallatin, TN), 6:00

Tates Creek HS, 4:00-5:30

Madison Central HS, 6:00-7:00

Anderson Co. MS, 5:30

If you have contacted me and I have left your location off the list, please email or text me and I will add you.  If you would like to host a weigh-in for the event at another location not listed, please let me know as well.

Wrestlers, Parents, & Coaches,

Blue Collar Wrestling Club will be hosting a remote weigh-in on Wednesday, March 8th for youth from 6-8pm in the OCHS wrestling room.  Parents, to expedite this process, please have your wrestlers USAW Card number handy.

Thanks

Coach Riordan

Wrestlers, Coaches, and parents, please do not pass up this opportunity for the first post season tournament in Kentucky.  We want to continue to grow this event and make it as competitive as possible.  

Please also remember there is a girls division too for all girls who want to come and compete.  All girls divisions will wrestle at 10:00 a.m.  If you would like a copy of the girls division flyer let me know.

If you would like to host a remote weigh in site, let me know that as well.

Hey Parents. 

Tired of just sitting around waiting for your athlete to wrestle?  This year at the Julian G Finley Memorial Tournament we will have a Corn Hole Tournament for the parents. 

A tournament will be held each session so there will be 3 chances for you to compete, with the winning team splitting the pot with the KWOA. 

There will be an entry fee of $5 for an individual or $10 for a team.  Individual entries will be randomly paired with other individuals as they register. 

This will be a single elimination tournament. A bracket will be filled from the top down as teams register. First come, first serve. 

This is not a professional tournament. The boards may not be regulation size or distances. 

There will be 8 sets of boards available so the tournament should go fairly quickly.

Rules:

• 2 Players per team
  • 1 Bag in the hole = 3 points
  • 1 Bag on the board = 1 point
  • If a bag touches the ground before coming to rest on the cornhole platform, it is a foul and must be removed from the cornhole platform prior to the continuation of play.
  • Points are canceled if opposing team makes the same play in the same round
  • Players must keep both feet behind the front of the board when tossing
  • The team to score the most, throws first in the following round
  • Players must alternate throws, one side at a time
  • Each game will have 15 minutes max
  • First team to 21 or the team with the highest score at the end of time wins
  • Each team must be present to submit the winner to the volunteer/score table
  • If bag is knocked off the board at anytime during the throw round the point does not count. If the bag is knocked in the hole by either team during the throwing round the points count.

8 hours ago, gpikul said:

Wrestlers, Coaches, and parents, please do not pass up this opportunity for the first post season tournament in Kentucky.  We want to continue to grow this event and make it as competitive as possible.  

Please also remember there is a girls division too for all girls who want to come and compete.  All girls divisions will wrestle at 10:00 a.m.  If you would like a copy of the girls division flyer let me know.

If you would like to host a remote weigh in site, let me know that as well.

Garrett,

Could you please email a copy of the girls division flyer to jnv858@gmail.com

Jonathan Strayer

Anderson County

If anyone needs to buy cards the morning of the tournament, you will have to contact me directly for registration after pre-registration ends.  if you don't have a card, you will not be able to pre-register. 

I would highly encourage everyone to purchase a card online before pre-registration closes tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m.  After that you will have to call me to get registered. 

Please make sure you or on site to check & in pay at least one hour prior to your scheduled time to wrestle, which is indicated on the flyer.