Sign in to follow this  
CoachC

KSWA State Duals

1 hour ago, gameface said:

I'm just glad to see atleast 7 teams make it down. Although Union County are some of the best host in the state and set the standard on many things, I can't help but think how much better this could be if we could do a shared venue with HS and get a larger facility and share the cost. 8 mats and stands filled with all the best kids in the state and their fans!!

That's been discussed with the coaches association multiple times.  Unfortunately for MS, the deal the HS has now is to sweet to modify their format to add the MS into it, or to move to a venue where HS and MS can wrestle in the same place.  Cant blame the HS, and I am not.  Its a good deal for them. 

1 minute ago, gameface said:

You'd still need a criteria to qualify for the event. Post season works best with Districts being the qualifier. We just need to find a venue that is the happy medium for both the West and East sided of our state. Johnson and Union are staples in Kentucky wrestling and should be there with the NKY teams, Louisville and Lexington area. 

Take it to a 16 team open invite each year, pool it out, and go wrestle, we have some great programs in Kentucky that never see each other in the regular season. We struggle with filling teams for state duals every year. I think it shouldn't be in the middle of post season. Either before or after state in my opinion. But the best option is before our post season. A lot of our middle school hammers move to high school right after middle school state which hurts a lot of middle school teams dual aspect. 

Just now, Jrodc said:

It would be nice to get one more team.  Would they be seeded or random draw. If seeded who's #1union or ryle? 

You would seed at least the top 4, then draw in teams from there. 

Have no idea what they will actually do, probably decided the morning of when everyone is there. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, KSWA Staff said:

You would seed at least the top 4, then draw in teams from there. 

Have no idea what they will actually do, probably decided the morning of when everyone is there. 

Thanks for the info

2 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Those Ryle kids are all tough. They have put together a hell of a team. 

Thank you!! I have to say that Union County and McCracken looked great today. It was awesome that how it aligned we had Union in the last dual. It was exciting. Union County, Coach Carr and Coach Irvin are acts and hosted a great day!

• Upvote 1

Once again thank you Coach Carr and Union County for stepping up and hosting , very well ran and some great wrestling. Congrats to Ryle Raiders for winning State Duals today. All teams competed and wrestled hard, great sportsmanship and very classy by all fans attending. Well worth the trip. Have a great week of practice everyone and let's bring that type of wrestling next week at the State Tournament.

• Upvote 2