District 2 Empty

District 3 River City      

District 4 East Oldham

District 5 Ryle

District 6 Twenhofel   

District 7 Empty

District 8 Empty

Plus 4 at Large

Possible At Large  Walton Verona, McCracken, Fern Creek, Region 4?

Teams in Bold Blue have Confirmed

2017 KSWA State Duals.docx

Looks like District 6 may be in question.  Twenhofel may come away with the win.  I wish I could take credit for it but I didn't catch it.  

Campbell Co 271.5

Twenhofel 265.5

If you look at Campbell Co's scoring break down they have 2 scores at 86.  If you take the 20 points away Twenhofel wins.

7 minutes ago, Jrodc said:

Yes their 105 only scored 11 and would replace the 86 in question

They have a points scorer at 105.

8 hours ago, Chris Duke said:

Looks like District 6 may be in question.  Twenhofel may come away with the win.  I wish I could take credit for it but I didn't catch it.  

Campbell Co 271.5

Twenhofel 265.5

If you look at Campbell Co's scoring break down they have 2 scores at 86.  If you take the 20 points away Twenhofel wins.

That is correct.  I made an error in setup, and did not catch it.  Ive contacted both coaches and will make the scoring adjustment.  

I apologize to both teams for the error...no excuses, just a big screw up on my part.

I have talked to both coaches about coming. Kind of looking like both can still get in. LaRue Not coming, and not finding anyone to replace them from their district leaves at least 1 opening in the tournament.

We have Empty spots for Districts 2, 7, & 8. We would like to fill those spots with a team from those Districts. I the end we will fill the spots with anyone interested in competing in the tournament. I will try to reach out to Coaches of teams from those Districts. If you are interested in competing please contact me, either by message on here or

ky.nationalteams@gmail.com

270-952-0215

4 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Johnson Central is 5 and a half hours away from Union County. That's a haul that most teams aren't gonna make. 

That's half way for a vacation!! They should alternate State Duals between Louisville and Lexington. Would seem easier to get teams to travel to these 2 major cities with hotels, restaurants. Also this seems to be the center of our state. 

• Upvote 3

The remaining spots are open to anyone that would like to participate, on first come first serve. If you are interested please contact myself, or Tyler Baines.

On 1/15/2017 at 3:31 PM, CoachC said:

Automatic Qualifiers:

District 1 Union      

District 2 Empty

District 3 River City      

District 4 East Oldham

District 5 Ryle

District 6 Twenhofel   

District 7 Empty

District 8 Empty

Plus 4 at Large

Possible At Large  Walton Verona, McCracken, Fern Creek, Region 4?

Teams in Bold Blue have Confirmed

2017 KSWA State Duals.docx

Coach Carr, are these the teams that we should expect to see at State Duals? 

14 minutes ago, gameface said:

Coach Carr, are these the teams that we should expect to see at State Duals? 

Yes, these are the teams that have confirmed with me or talked to Tyler Baines. 

How will pools be made with only 7 teams. We don't have must of a chance against ryle or union but we're going to make the 4 hour trip anyway

13 hours ago, Jrodc said:

How will pools be made with only 7 teams. We don't have must of a chance against ryle or union but we're going to make the 4 hour trip anyway

I'm just glad to see atleast 7 teams make it down. Although Union County are some of the best host in the state and set the standard on many things, I can't help but think how much better this could be if we could do a shared venue with HS and get a larger facility and share the cost. 8 mats and stands filled with all the best kids in the state and their fans!!

• Upvote 1

What makes the most sense to me is to move the state duals to the regular season  and centralize that so that teams can attend with their full lineups. It then lets everyone see each other before the post season.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, twenhofelcoach said:

What makes the most sense to me is to move the state duals to the regular season  and centralize that so that teams can attend with their full lineups. It then lets everyone see each other before the post season.

You'd still need a criteria to qualify for the event. Post season works best with Districts being the qualifier. We just need to find a venue that is the happy medium for both the West and East sided of our state. Johnson and Union are staples in Kentucky wrestling and should be there with the NKY teams, Louisville and Lexington area. 

3 minutes ago, gameface said:

You'd still need a criteria to qualify for the event. Post season works best with Districts being the qualifier. We just need to find a venue that is the happy medium for both the West and East sided of our state. Johnson and Union are staples in Kentucky wrestling and should be there with the NKY teams, Louisville and Lexington area. 

Cost is too high for that to rent a facility to do it.  If you get a host school then maybe.  State duals doesnt make enough money for that.