Sign in to follow this  
Washedupwrestler

Johnson central

So how does ranger rank all these guys from johnson central when there is never a single thing posted for their team on trackwrestling.com. their all ranked in the top 10 but i havent seen a single stat and cant find anything on blake gamble or geordan blanton or any of their other heavier guys. If they have not recorded stats for anybody to see then how do we keep them all so high in the rankings? Does anybody know if what their recoreds are or where they've even wrestled at. Our school only sees them at state

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

JC doesn't wrestle in KY very often. It's easier and more convenient for us to travel a hour to WV or an hour and a half to VA and wrestle good competition then to travel 3 hours to wrestle in KY. The tournaments we wrestle in does not use track wrestling but we add all our matches to track like every team. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is what I found on Track. Either they don't have a lot of matches this season (like the 18-0 win over PCC in the McDonalds Classic), or you're lying. The most matches for any person is Alex Horn, Kameron Rice, Dalton Lawson with 8 matches posted.

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 10.32.03 AM.png

• Upvote 1

What reason would I have to lie lol. I said we add all our matches to track I didn't say they all were added in there right now. They'll be added like always. 

33 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

This is what I found on Track. Either they don't have a lot of matches this season (like the 18-0 win over PCC in the McDonalds Classic), or you're lying. The most matches for any person is Alex Horn, Kameron Rice, Dalton Lawson with 8 matches posted.

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 10.32.03 AM.png

You've got to remember too, that Coach Matney also coaches football and many of the wrestlers play football.  They won the State title in football, so football season didn't end until the first weekend in December.  Can't imagine that many of those football players wrestled much before the end of December.

• Upvote 2

Some of the kids on their team i cant even find a track profile for. Thats why i mentioned gamble amd blanton. Don't think i saw one for jackson either. Only name i recognized was slone. I would think with so many top ranked kids they would have more results posted but theres nothing to be found. I even searched the school and paintsville on track and none of them are showing up. I did see blue on there tho lol. Hows yalls season going for yall so far mr.  fletcher?

3 minutes ago, Washedupwrestler said:

Some of the kids on their team i cant even find a track profile for. Thats why i mentioned gamble amd blanton. Don't think i saw one for jackson either. Only name i recognized was slone. I would think with so many top ranked kids they would have more results posted but theres nothing to be found. I even searched the school and paintsville on track and none of them are showing up. I did see blue on there tho lol. Hows yalls season going for yall so far mr.  fletcher?

It's going good so far. 

Sounds like a tight knit group at JC kind of off and alone doing good stuff .But my personal experience and the lasting memory I have of them is my son going to shake the hand of their coaches after a match at state and them turning their backs to him, Never forget that ,totally classless.

Still I believe he has friends there and from there so it's all good wish them the best.

• Upvote 3

If you look at their team roster you will find those you have mentioned.  They have very few records listed but you can find them on the roster.  

Why beat them up because they are not on track.  You want them removed from the rankings?  I'm sure their coach (who is old school) would not mind one bit. As mentioned they spend most of their time out of state for travel and competition, same as many of the NKY schools do.  

Just like to see whos doing well around the state. Im a huge wrestling fan and have family members currently wrestling and I coach.  Just like to know. Does everybody on here always automatically assume someone is bashing someone else on here? Nobody can make a statement or ask a question without somebody getting down their throat. 

• Upvote 4

Much like e-mail or texting.  Attitude and tone does not filter well through the written word. 

Sorry about the misinterpretation, I was just trying to point out that it really is not that big of a deal. 

Maybe to you  it isn't but these kids strive for the best and recognition is deservered whether the coach or kid thinks so or not. We will never grow as a state if kids records are hidden until state and pwople are not eager to travel. Take your kids to badass tournaments and get them recognition

51 minutes ago, Washedupwrestler said:

Maybe to you  it isn't but these kids strive for the best and recognition is deservered whether the coach or kid thinks so or not. We will never grow as a state if kids records are hidden until state and pwople are not eager to travel. Take your kids to badass tournaments and get them recognition

Nothing wrong with Johnson Central's schedule.  Bobby Bates tournament (36 Teams), Agie Skeens ( Grundy Va. ), Army National Guard (Beckley, W. Va.) - 36 team dual tournament.  WSAZ in Huntington W. Va. This week.  They travel more than most and not a pushover schedule.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Washedupwrestler said:

Not being able to travel is up to the school and their budget not the team or kids. How is hiding a kids record going to keep the state from growing?  

Thats why we have fundraisers. Teams who have no money usually has a coach or AD that just doesnt really care. I know there are exceptions but we run one fundraiser for 1 day and spend about 8 hours of our time and have enough for new singlets or warm ups each year and every tournaments entry fee.  Plus you dont have to travel far to hit good tournaments. 

8 hours ago, Washedupwrestler said:

Yeah!  Stay out of VA and WV because all the bad ass tournaments are in KY.  

Disclaimer:  above message is laced with a tad bit of sarcasm. 

• Upvote 2