Sign in to follow this  
wildcat2002

KY wrestling at Midlands and Scuffle

3 ot matches for Austin and it sure looked like the clock was up when he got taken down off his own shot but it is what it is awesome tournament all worth the md win he got over Everard.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Tough break for Boston hope he  is alright.  Was the closest to placing at the scuffle.

Not a good showing for ky in either of the tournaments. No placers, but close for Ruschell  and Boston. Tough blood rounds for each. Ky has some potential, but is still struggling on the d1 level! 

Keep working boys set your sites on NCAA. We should get a couple entries.

• Upvote 1

MIZZOU TAKES 2ND TO OKL ST beating Lehigh by 1.5 points Some KY kids making a difference .

Didn't see any fr or soph placing at Hvy saw two make it to Rd of 16 Austin and Streifel from Minn.tough loss in ot and it was questionable would have still had a top ten guy to beat to place but a win is a win . BOSTON will probably do some damage with some pressure of him away from the depth of Iowa St .

I wouldn't say not a good showing lol 2 byes and 2 and 2 in 3 ot matches and md over a guy that has been ranked in top 20 this yr and the highest ranked guy in the MAC at his weight that could have seeding implications COME MAC championship time i think it's a great showing for a few KY guys Lampe Boston and Austin .didn't follow midlands as close .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Nike Man said:

Couldn't agree more. Never shows emotion on the mat. He is one cool customer.

He crushed #6 Kyle Crutchmer in the finals. He took a 6-0 lead after turning Krutchmer for 4pts. 10-3 final, with close to two minutes riding time. Seems to be content redshirting, even though he would be a title contender. Scary to think Penn St has this luxury, and we have four years coming!

• Upvote 1

I would say having two with winning records and no placers isn't a good showing. 

Also,  Billy Miller from Ohio placed at( hwt by beating dejournette, who austin just was majored by)  and despite being a sophomore is a year younger than austin. 

Of note at the Midlands. Jordan Wood (freshman a year younger than austin) out placed 6 or 7 ranked wrestlers to take 2nd. He was fortunate that medbury went down, but beat 2 raneed wrestlers including brooks black. 

Congrats to Austin and the team runnerup!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes he beat black by 1 or a td and No Medberry with a ff into finals Wood did very well but Midlands HVYs were not the same caliber as those at the Scuffle nor the depth .Austin just turned 21 I doubt Miller just turned 20 lol your an Idiot and if your comparing wins and losses Austin Md Everard whom Kasper rbeat 2 to 0 at the scuffle And Kasper won .Austin lost to Cornwell in ot won an ot lost another and md I didn't know wood dejournette or Miller were KY guys lol if you want to play a game of who beat who I can play I saw wood lose last yr to guys Austin beat easily Black couldn't get a td on Austin and got two free points lol .

Keep downing and I will keep hyping when he's on the podium at NCAAs you can still talk trash because that's all you can do your nobody a piece of trash who can only talk trash.

Yes indeed team runner up to the #1 team in the country and a 1 and a half point lead over 3rd :)Austin had a win and a md he scored more than 1 and half hahaha that I do not think their starter last yr could have had his success so it's all good .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 Kentucky D1 wrestlers in the same tournament is a testament to how far our state has come. Admittedly, I was pulling for one of our big guns to place (Myers and/or Boston), but the Scuffle is loaded, even with the absence of Penn St. Congrats to Mizzou on their second place finish. J'Den had an excellent match in the finals. Should be another great showdown in the NCAA finals. 

We're getting in to the bread and butter of the college season. Pulling for our young men to continue to represent the Bluegrass state in a positive manner. 

Mark Hall is absolutely incredible. He dropped a close one against CMU earlier in the season, but it appears he's making the necessary adjustments. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Old wrestler said:

5 Kentucky D1 wrestlers in the same tournament is a testament to how far our state has come. Admittedly, I was pulling for one of our big guns to place (Myers and/or Boston), but the Scuffle is loaded, even with the absence of Penn St. Congrats to Mizzou on their second place finish. J'Den had an excellent match in the finals. Should be another great showdown in the NCAA finals. 

We're getting in to the bread and butter of the college season. Pulling for our young men to continue to represent the Bluegrass state in a positive manner. 

Mark Hall is absolutely incredible. He dropped a close one against CMU earlier in the season, but it appears he's making the necessary adjustments. 

AND, these are young guys. The learning curve is significant, these boys will improve.

• Upvote 1

"Midlands HVYs were not the same caliber as those at the Scuffle nor the depth"

Midlands hwts(42 total)  # 2,4,5,10,12,15,16,20

#10 Brooks Black (Illinois)
#4 Tanner Hall (Arizona State)
#16 Collin Jensen (Nebraska)
#12 Ross Larson (Oklahoma)
#2 Connor Medbery (Wisconsin)
#20 Ray O'Donnell (Princeton)
#15 Ryan Solomon (Pitt)
#5 Sam Stoll (Iowa)

plus hemida and zac parker

Scuffle 39 total

#6, 8, 9, 11, 12,13, 19

"doubt Miller just turned 20 "

Billy Miller July 10, 1996

austin Sept 23 1995

Congrats again. Austin is making a name for himself and for missouri. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, wildcat2002 said:

"Midlands HVYs were not the same caliber as those at the Scuffle nor the depth"

Midlands hwts # 2,4,5,10,12,15,16,20

#10 Brooks Black (Illinois)
#4 Tanner Hall (Arizona State)
#16 Collin Jensen (Nebraska)
#12 Ross Larson (Oklahoma)
#2 Connor Medbery (Wisconsin)
#20 Ray O'Donnell (Princeton)
#15 Ryan Solomon (Pitt)
#5 Sam Stoll (Iowa)

Scuffle

#6, 8, 9, 11, 12,13, 19

"doubt Miller just turned 20 "

Billy Miller July 10, 1996

austin Sept 23 1995

Congrats again. Austin is making a name for himself and for missouri. 

While I agree that Midlands HWT class was much tougher, both events were tough tests for unranked wrestlers no matter their DOB. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, crazyotto said:

While I agree that Midlands HWT class was much tougher, both events were tough tests for unranked wrestlers no matter their DOB. 

Agreed. The Midlands and the Scuffle are both premiere D1 tournaments. 

On a totally unrelated note, did anyone catch the Midlands 157 final? WOW! We should see that matchup a few more times this season. Berger had some questionable calls go against him, but I could've watched those two go at it all day. 

• Upvote 1