Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

Ads

What is up with all of these advertisements in the middle of all the threads?

i noticed those today, too.

i'm not answering *for* mathound, but i'm guessing that, like most webmasters who did all of the designing & coding for their websites - it costs money to host, register, and maintain a website. and since people probably aren't donating the way we all should be to keep a site like this open & free of charge & updated frequently - he needed to / wanted to place ads that would help cover the costs previously mentioned.

they really don't bother me at all, i just scroll past them & occassionally click a few here & there. it helps maintain this website, and that's the least amount of appreciation i could show for someone who works on this site like a part-time job (soooo much goes into it).

hopefully it will help the site grow & improve with time so wrestlers & coaches & spectators can continue enjoying it! yayayay!

ok. *off soapbox*

The ads are a way for us to pay for the hosting of this site. We don't require anyone to pay to use the site and all the work is done because we want to help this community. I actually had the ads only display for MYSELF for two weeks and I found them more helpful than annoying.

These ads will help bring in extra money to improve the site and maybe even pay for some other things like Team Kentucky singlets one day.

What do you think?

The ads are a way for us to pay for the hosting of this site. We don't require anyone to pay to use the site and all the work is done because we want to help this community. I actually had the ads only display for MYSELF for two weeks and I found them more helpful than annoying.

These ads will help bring in extra money to improve the site and maybe even pay for some other things like Team Kentucky singlets one day.

What do you think?

Go for it Mathound!!  If anyone wants to see some annoying ads....go to www.bluegrasspreps.com.  That's OVERBOARD.  You'll appreciate how clean this site is from ads if you ask me.