Sign in to follow this  
Wrestling Dad

Big Match Wednesday 12/7/16

Maybe this should be on the college thread, but all high school kids in Kentucky should tune in to the Big 10 network Wednesday evening and watch a 4 time Kentucky state champion wrestle the reigning olympic champion at heavyweight.

Austin Myers from Campbell County will be wrestling for Missouri against Kyle Snyder of Ohio State.

Tune in and see what hard work and commitment can help you achieve...and root for the Bluegrass Boy!!!

• Upvote 1

Match is Thursday Dec. 8th.... not Wednesday. @  7pm.

Mizzou matches up well with OSU, and could pull out a victory (as much as I hate to say it).....

Potential matches

125 - #7 Barlow McGhee vs #10 Jose Rodriquez
133 - #9 Jaydin Eierman vs #3 Nato
141 - #8 Matt Manley vs Luke Pletcher (Ke-Shawn Hayes is out for the rest of the year from injury)
149 - #4 Lavion Mayes vs #5 Micah Jordan
157 - #6 Joey Lavellee vs Jake Ryan
165 - #4 Daniel Lewis vs Cody Burcher
174 - Dylan Wisman vs #1 Bo Jordan
184 - #9 Willie Miklus vs #5 MyMar
197 - #1 J'den Cox vs #6 Kollin Moore
285 - Austin Myers vs #1 Kyle Snyder

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Should be a good test for the big guy.  Not many get the opportunity to step on the mat with an Olympic/World/NCAA Champion.  Good luck to him.

Lucky you Dutch!  This will be an incredible dual for sure.  I have it 5-5..... winner will be whoever gets the most bonus points.  I see all of the matches being tight except for 174/197.  And hopefully Snyder man will be on the mat, that would be awesome for Austin to get to wrestle him.  Tom Ryan plays tricks though, so I wouldn't be shocked if Snyder didn't get on the mat.  Who knows how he's doing after wrestling abroad last week. 

MICKLUS FROM Mizzou is out and Manley has not wrestled due to injury neither has McGhee but he says he is wrestling so an A A and another stud out for Mizzou .Both Rosters healthy I think Mizzou matches up well and may have the edge but down guys it's hard to say BO and Snyder did not wrestle this weekend but I'm sure they will be on the mat Thurs.

• Upvote 1

Look forward to seeing ATM for sure. And NATO is always fun to watch as well. But the match up I'm looking forward to the most will be Mayes and Jordan. Saw Mayes at the All Star Classic, looked a little out of shape. But I'm sure he is ready to roll now. Should be an awesome match. 

Lavion has been battling injury as well not 100 percent sure he is there .Mizzou is beat up a but Austin has a nice shiner from last week and a few knots but he's not injured he's fairly durable hopefully he stays that way when he hits the Monsters .

• Upvote 1

A lot of studs on both teams even in back up positions ,Flynn and Assad for Mizzou but joey Lavalle from Mizzou looks to be on fire to me he is a scoring machine nonstop ,I look for him to score big for Mizzou .And I Look for Austin to do as he always does do his best  improve learn and keep Going until he is a College All American .He has done all he can with what he has had to work with I think he may the strongest athlete at Mizzou and his time is coming.

• Upvote 1

ATM will without a doubt be a top contender in the next couple of years. Just paying some dues right now. And like you said, he is improving and learning. Not everyone is D1 caliber, but ATM definitely is. He'll be on that podium one day soon. Sean Fausz and Brock are doing good as well. I'd love to see TJ make some noise for Wisconsin this year, or whenever he returns. He and Kyle had a lot of influence on my son this summer. Wish all of those guys nothing but the best.

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

What is Myers weighing now that he's had a whole year to bulk up for heavyweight?

So how much is he weighing now?

• Upvote 1

I WOULD NOT FORGET ABOUT NATE BOSTON IN THE MIX SEEING FIRSTHAND THE DEPTH OF SOME SCHOOLS AND BEING ABLE TO BE AT THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME IM SURE HIS TIME WILL COME .

AUSTIN IS AROUND 2'#& AND WAS ABOUT 24 LBS BIGGER THIS SUMMER HIS COACH IS NOT BIG ON CUTTING EARLY IN THE YEAR AT LEAST IN HIS CASE EVEN IF IT COULD HELP HIM NOW VERY IMPRESSED WITH COACH SMITH HE KEEPS HIS EYE ON THE PRIZE THE LONG TERM AUSTIN STAYS BIG AND HEALTHY AND SLOWLY LOSES AS THE YEAR GOES ON AND IT WILL PRO A LE BE THAT WAY EVERY YEAR THINK  HE WEIGHS AROUND 248 AFTER A GOOD PRACTICE BROKE MISSOU WRESTLING BENCH DEADLIFT AND TOTAL RECORD HELD BY DOM BRADLEY AS A RS FRESH SO I HAPPY WHEN YOU DROP QUICK YOU LOSE MUSCLE AND POWER REGARDLESS I SURE THERE'S A FINE LINE I SEE AUSTIN HIS JR YEAR BEING ABOUT WHERE WALZ WAS THIS YR ONLY A LOT STRONGER .AT LEAST THAT'S A GREAT GOAL .EITHER WAY HOPE HE LEAVES COLUMBUS INJURY FREE AND READY TO TAKE ON ALL HIS MAC COMP AND WORK HIS WAY TO NCAAS HOPEFULLY  THIS YEAR .

17 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

BO and Snyder did not wrestle this weekend but I'm sure they will be on the mat Thurs.

Bo wrestled in an open not the CKLV, and Snyder wrestled in Europe at the World Team Duals. 

Lavallee is a stud.... If they put him out there he will beat up on Ryan.  Ryan's gas tank has looked horrible so far this year.

I look forward to J-Rod and McGhee and Micah and Mayes.  Calling the Bucks with the upset there, but great matches non the less.

I hope to see Bo and Snyder wrestle.  What an opportunity for ATM if Snyder does.  Not matter the outcome, you don't get a chance like that very often. 

• Upvote 1

MISSOURI WILL BE DOWN 3 STARTERS AND good chance Austin gets to wrestle Snyder more than once .Yes Bo wrestled but not in Vegas not sure what days Snyder wrestled but Medberry and Walz had a close match those 3 seem to be the superpowers at heavy with a group below them and then everyone else scraping it out .I think Austin enters that group just out of the superpowers next yr then he becomes one of the superpowers lol .He's more of the Hulk than Spiderman.though.

Mr. Myers,

I know the result wasn't what we were all hoping but I feel proud at the way Austin represented our state.  Tangible examples are having a little attitude when Snyder jumped the gun at the beginning and taking the first shot of the match.  As I tell my wrestlers frequently, if Austin makes one adjustment, in this case slowing down the Olympic Champ's best shot, the match looks much different, even though we all know it's easier to said than done.  We're all rooting for Austin to continue improving and putting our state on the map nationally with his hard work and performance.  He'll get there, and I think sooner rather than later.

Sincerely,

A fan of your son

• Upvote 1

I agree. Austin did look stronger and will make the needed changes. I predict a much closer match when they meet again. 

It goes to show you how special guys like Kyle are. He's younger and lighter than austin!

Was Kyle using an illegal choke hold? It looked like Austin was trying to tap out?

I AM SURE HE WAS GETTING CHOKED DOESNT MATTER EITHER WAY HE WENT FOR IT IN THE HARSHEST ENVIRONMENT EVER AGAINST THE BEST EVER AT HIS WEIGHT The best wrestler in the country and world lol he went for the most part of 2 periods took shots blocked a bunch of a Snyders and then pretty much gassed out and got pinned by the best possibly ever .

But he was there and you couldn't even dream of it and he will be there the next 3 years as a matter of fact he will be there Sunday back in Ohio at OU and who knows come MARCH he may be back in Missouri on the mat in St Louis maybe even the only freshman heavy there you never know either way the pause before their match for the song and wave and all was a but much of course that's the Olympic world and ncaa multiple X champ who is probably the richest wrestler in the country lol all things he earned of course .

Wonder how many freshman college wrestlers from KY ever wrestled anyone like Snyder ... Tell us wildcat lol.

Austin is going to take his loss from Snyder like he did the one from Walz and Black ...All three top ten ranked guys and the best wrestler in the nation learn improve and move on and yes I could see Austin wrestling Snyder and all these guys on that level and improving every match no heavy in the country has wrestled the ranked guys he has this yr and he's a Freshman lol 

I ALWAYS said I want him to be an All American but I think k I have changed my mind I want and expect at least two AAs :)and a win Against Ohio State before he's done and yes I doubt any freshman go after Snyder like that this yr even get to his leg or block the shots Austin Did.Wildcat you and so many others are fortunate forums use user names rather than real ones of course keep it up I'm sure I know one person. Who can find out who you are He is KY wrestling it's the Guy getting pinned by the Olympic champ in your pic lol

You and your little bitty pal in nky cracked me up .

• Downvote 1

Not sure what anyone was hoping ?I don't think anyone expected Austin to beat Snyder and I damn sure don't think anyone expected him in on Snyder first or to be that close for half a match it's all good 3 college losses to 3 top 10 guys and THE GUY on the world not the ending I'm looking for is right the ending I'm looking for is him on The podium one March :)and I think that's going to happen

As a dad of a wrestler it has to be a proud moment win or lose congrats for just him getting that far and yes he is a freshman and he will be back and great in the future and barring injury I am sure he will reach AA status someday. Good luck to all the Ky kids wrestling college everywhere no matter the level its great to see kids getting there and living a dream.

• Upvote 4