Sign in to follow this  
hotlava

Ryle Raider Rumble 12/10

Five take aways that I got from the results.

1- Yost is tough at any weight

2- This could be Zane Brown's year

3- There is more than one Andreoni to keep an eye on

4- This Bacon kid just made some noise

5- Varble is a real contender

2 hours ago, Nike Man said:

Five take aways that I got from the results.

1- Yost is tough at any weight

2- This could be Zane Brown's year

3- There is more than one Andreoni to keep an eye on

4- This Bacon kid just made some noise

5- Varble is a real contender

So what you are saying is Rusty Parks has a good squad on his hands :ph34r:

Great tournament as always, great matches, and fun to watch.  No doubt this is an early assessment for many of these guys.  Some of the matches were intense to say the least. 

My takeaways- Bacon from Union- tough kid.  Pushed Wells as far as he wanted for sure.  Had a cradle locked up twice on Brady but couldn't turn either one for points.  He will be a contender by year end.  Zane looks great.  He's hard to score on.  He beat Smallwood again, and controlled the entire match against Craig from Elder who is tough as nails.  Yost looked good against Yenter, this weight at state (along with 120 will be insane).  Saul was Saul, but little Andreoni wrestled a tough tourney.  Big question here is does Saul drop to 126.  Andreoni/Buckman was a great match.  Buckman hung in there and battled.  Curious on how the game plan changes had they awarded Avery the 2 at the end of the first period. 

Match of the tournament for me was Murphy (Elder) vs. Johnson.  Unbelievable match, scrambles, attacks, defense.  I thought for sure Murphy wouldn't be able to hold him down.  It was crazy, one guy would hit a sweet duck, scramble no points, so then the other guy would hit a duck, scramble no points.  Then they did the same thing with high crotches.  Unreal match.

This weekend for me definitely let me know the season is under way!

• Upvote 3

ELDER IS LOADED.Moeller is down and I was surprised to see some of their long time wrestlers not up to par at all.

IN ALL HONESTY MURPHY NOT GETTING THE OW WAS AN INJUSTICE BEST MATCH OF THE NIGHT AGAINST WHAT LOOKED TO ME TO BE THE MOST TECHNICALLY SOUND WRESTLER IN THE ROOM I SURE IF THEY WRESTLER 10 TIMES IT WOULD PROBABLY BE 5 TO 5 MURPHYS LOOSER STYLE WORKED IN THE END BUT IF I WERE A COACH I WOULD WANT MY GUY WRESTLING LIKE JOHNSON HE WAS IN STANCE AND WRESTLED NEARLY PERFECT BUT MURPHY WHO LET HIM LOOSE WITHOUT MUCH FIGHT TURNED IT ON IN ULTIMATE OVERTIME FOR THE WIN THAT WAS AWESOME ONLY THING I SAW WAS MURPHY MADE A MISTAKE JOHNSON DID NOT CASH IN ON.

Some ky studs missing Smith Moore Cornett and some others for various reasons .The upper weights in this tournament will not fare as well at Swowca although Elders 220 has some skill and is a go getter Very impressive .

58 minutes ago, FalconWrestling said:

Elder is going to be tough to beat this year and next year

I would say 3-4 years and maybe longer.  Their MS squad is tough.  The team they have currently has 2 SR's, and 2 JR's I believe.  The rest Fresh/Soph.  There might be 3 SR's as I think one was an extra this past weekend, but will be dropping and make lineup as the starter next weekend at SWOWCA.  The Fresh/Soph class they have had some OAC studs on it.  A couple of them can not make line up right now due to well, the lineup they have.  I would say Elder is probably the best team in Cincy this year, I think they have the horsepower to beat Mason, just due to their upper weights being studs.  That will be one heck of a dual when it happens for sure.  Either way, this team will be tough to beat the next few years without a doubt.