dutch

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2016/2017 - NOVEMBER 27th

Battle between CC and WV for Northern Supremacy .Just saying CC has been top dogs in NKY for a while and Along with Ryle and SK they have been the dominant teams in NKY overall the NKY teams are not ranking as high as normal but there are still a lot of very good kids scattered ,State DUALS ARE COOL WOULDNT IT BE neat to see regional duals best kid at each weight in each region ,That would be toooo sweet.

• Upvote 3

Don't take this the wrong way but that's kind of a funny statement .80 percent of the season is after Xmas .But I agree Santa better hand out some takedown defense and some set up technique .

On a serious note I think that's one of the biggest weaknesses with ky wrestlers they do not set up shots no push pull v block snap shoot nothing most just pace and dive in .

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Don't take this the wrong way but that's kind of a funny statement .80 percent of the season is after Xmas .But I agree Santa better hand out some takedown defense and some set up technique .

On a serious note I think that's one of the biggest weaknesses with ky wrestlers they do not set up shots no push pull v block snap shoot nothing most just pace and dive in .

If I had a nickel for every time someone in Kentucky took a shot without looking for an angle I could retire

No set up shots work for guys with height / length advantages or super speed but still bad habits ,More brawling will actually lead to better shots because you are moving pushing and pulling your opponent getting them off balance jmo.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Is Irving wrestling for Henry Clay this year?

He was injured during football season, but I hear he will be back sometime soon.

On 12/10/2016 at 10:53 AM, DevilDad said:

No. Irvin didn't wrestle. Still healing from football injury. His wins at Walton were forfeits. 

Ok Mr Smarty pants. How about this. He weighed in and was on the mat. So I would say he is wrestling for Henry Clay this year. 

BACK TO THE DRAMA;Campbell County looked good at Ryle Wells was dominant Yenter faltered a little but I'm betting how conditioning is not all the way up yet.WV had some guys placing but studs missing and they were making some small mistakes that cost you big .zip