Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

Ky Ref passes away

Julian Findley, one of our KY referees passed away after a battle with non smoker lung cancer. Please send thoughts and prayers for his family and friends. Julian was always up beat, funny, and kind. You could see he really enjoyed wrestling and the kids. Rest in peace. 

14333216_1409049925776889_6799846616334787327_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Julian and I had many "discussions" at the table. Sometimes our interpretations of the rules differed. Never once did he or I hold grudges afterwards. We'd discuss rules one round, and grab a sandwich together during a break. My son and I knew he was sick and we were lucky enough to grab a picture with him at the end of the season. Julian was a true ambassador of the sport and will be missed greatly. Prayers for his family and friends. God rest his soul. 

Some of you may remember Julian continued to officiate during his radiation treatments. At one of the tournaments he had to sit down and take a break I asked why are you here you need to rest He said " I need to be here I love it " . That's a man committed to the sport he loved. Rest in peace brother.

• Upvote 1