Sign in to follow this  
NatureBoy

Fargo ???

WOW ,I did not see any cadet Fargo thread and so far all I know is that there is one JR in Fargo !!seems like there would be more info or interest in the biggest tournament in the country ,The state games tournament is great but it's not Fargo by a long shot and I think I saw 3 threads about it .

Regardless good luck to Reed he may not go down as one of the best ever but I have not seen any KY wrestler match his enthusiasm and drive or courage .And obviously he is one of the few that gets it as far as what it takes .

• Downvote 1

I haven't seen much of anything posted about fargo. I know Reed had a bye, then won his 1st over north dakota state champ 8-7, then lost his 2ND Match 8-1 to kid from Wyoming Seminary.  He needs to win 3 to place. That was what he had posted online

Yes I see now KY had 2 cadets and I JR at greco Reed lost to a top seed from Pa Wyoming seminary school he may have a shot .Reed actually had some seeding criteria himself .Kind of sad only 3 kids all together cadet and Jr so far maybe some more will be in freestyle hard to say but it's not a good sign for the state of wrestling in KY.I know there are kids capable of doing damage there but you cannot avoid the real comp if you want to be noticed .

• Downvote 1

REED WRESTLED BACK AND BEAT THE GUY WHO SENT HIM TO CONSOS HE LOOKS TO BE ALREADY GUARANTEED TOP 4 GOING FOR THIRD !!

SO MUCH FOR THE TRASH TALK ABOUT THE UPPER WEIGHTS IN KY BEING WEAK THEY SEEM TO BE VERY TOUGH TO ME .I SURE REED WILL BE GOING FOR THE DOUBLE NOW IN FREESTYLE ,GOOD LUCK TO HIM .

REED Just gave them all a a boost and showed that it could be done hopefully he can Double the numbers grow in freestyle with guys trying to come in fresh and get an advantage over some who have wrestled for two days against some of of the best there is already you have to be extra tough and in top shape to double Reed pushes himself all the time and placing in greco may help his seed in freestyle I'm not sure .Good luck to everyone now there is a 2 in the KY column in the record books for greco at Fargo seems almost strange both are 220 obviously KY  can produce hammers at all weights and those making claims the upper weights in KY  were weak have to eat some crow.

Saw three big names from Ohio all with fr gr exp not in the tournament doubt they are all hurt or broke if you can't defend your rank or improve it you should lose it just my opinion doing good in a strong state then lying back on the rank you get usually from guys doing the rankings from those states is a joke.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Ben Barton, Casey Cornett, Dante Castellano, Ryan Moore, Brandon Reed, Tanner Yenter, Nathaniel Lawrence, Kaden  Darbro, Cameron Ward, Chris Morrow and Ben Geisenhofd.

• Upvote 1

Good group of freestylers a bunch I know a few I do not I think with brackets rather than the cross bracketing it takes away a bit of the grind with fewer matches over the 2 days but usually what happens if you make it to the later rounds the matches start coming up lightning fast you walk off the mat and before you can cool down your back up still sweating from the last match in some cases I could see anywhere from 3 to 6 or more AAs in that group coming as no surprise but knowing how it is out there anything more than 3 would be a great day for the State one to 3  on a good day could win it all I think or not place on a bad one .

For such a big tournament refing is sketchy at best sometimes particularly in greco seeing kids not much older than the wrestlers refing is odd sometimes and even though there are more than 1 some of the calls are Bizarre to ridiculous but if you have what it takes you can A A .

REED COULD BE A DOUBLE AND THAT'S A BIG DEAL TO MOST PEOPLE I HAVE SEEN YEARS WHERE THERE MAY ONLY BE 1 DOUBLE A A in a class and I'm sure there are times no one has .

• Downvote 1

MOORE LOOKS TO HAVE SECURED AN A A SPOT AT 126 CADET WITH AN 8 TO 8 WIN ON CRITERIA IN THE CONDOS LOOKS LIKE HE HAS WRESTLED BACK VERY TOUGH A LOT OF MATCHES TO GET WHERE HE IS AND HE'S STILL GOING FOR 3RD.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Moore looks to have the guy who sent him to consos next should be good Reed came back and beat the guy who sent him down in greco and it happens often .

I think Cornett is out lost first cinso rd?

REED STILL IN WINNERS BRACKET BUT HAS SOME TOUGH COMP .He can AA if he does well and things fall right .

CORNETT GOES 2 N 2 

REED WITH A BYE A TECH AND A PIN HE HAD SOME SEEDING CRITERIA AND EVERY BIT HELPS AT FARGO .HE WILL HAVE A GUY HE WENT 1 N 1 WITH IN GRECO IN HIS NEXT CHAMP BRACKET MATCH HE IS DOING WELL think Yenter is out .