Sign in to follow this  
grapplehed

NCAA DI qualifiers

Big Ten 

Irvins injured did not wrestle

Yenter 0-2 DNP

Ruschell still alive with big win over Minn.  1 more win to place and qualify.  1-1 so far. Tough 1st round draw w Martinez 

SOCO

John Lampe 1 seed.  lost in finals 6-5.  needed the win to qualify. Only the champ moves on.  Tough loss for John.  

Dominic 1-2 DNP

Big 12

Trae Blackwell  top 6,  has to beat the 4 seed to be the top four.  and win out to qualify.  Top 3. 

ACC

Fauz 2 seed.  in semis Top 4 qualify.  Fauz is 1st official NCAA DI qualifier for 2016

If I missed anyone, please post.  Best of luck guys.  

• Upvote 1

Fahy and Fausz have both qualified. Lampe will need a wild card, not sure if he has enough quality wins to grab one. Blackwell wrestled a good tournament but came up just short.

Caleb and Brock both would've made it if healthy I believe. Caleb hasn't been healthy for years sadly, such things happen to a lot of talented wrestlers at the college level.

Boston had to take his lumps at 141 this year, I expect him to be competing at 133 next year and have a lot more success.

Next year it is possible we could see almost 10 Kentucky wrestlers qualify for the national tournament. Have we ever had that many qualify in the same year before?

I don't think there has ever been more than 2, maybe 3 at most.  DI is brutal not to mention the Big Ten.  To me, being healthy is one of the most important things.   Good luck to Sean and John.  Pulling for Lampe. 

• Upvote 1