Sign in to follow this  
NatureBoy

NCAA Bids.

Austin placed in 4 out of 5 tournaments 2nd at Clarion went 5 n 1 at Michigan State open  2 n 2 at Hokie placed at Nittany Lion and Edinboro .opens all opens no fresh soph div.

Most wins of any RS Freshman heavy in D1,yep

Austin said zeke hyper extended his elbow a few weeks back and it was pretty bad he seemed to avoid any serious injury career ending type but pullled and stretched everything .Big move by him bowing out because he knew he was no where near 100 % 

Other big news for WV Jake Smiths status is going to be moved from Jr to rs soph due to his I juries putting him out his freshman. Year..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hopefully so ,the other 2 hvys were srs they are loaded at some lower weights and not many up top .they will have to get some guys above 170 for sure .

• Downvote 1

Haha no offense to anyone, but just cause the 220 class isent filled head to toe with studs like 138, does not make us a joke of a class, i think im just as dedicated as anyone, and that honestly my hard work is no joke, and that goes for more 220s i know like colby culver, damoreon travis, chance orr, etc... I am not here to argue with anyone, nor do i have the right to argue with anyone older than myself,but that hit my soft spot haha. Austin was a great high school wrestler. I dont really think anyone could have named five 220s better than him his senior year. But saying someone ran to ky for less comp is kind of sophomoric and ignorant. One because Austin wrestled a million off season tournaments and worked incredibly hard, which is the reason he was so good. Two, you cant really know what the myers reason is for moving to ky, and you shouldnt have to. Its their business and im just assuming it wasnt because of wrestling. I know austin dismantled me lol, but he's just on another level technique wise. I will never say anyone works harder than me, but i am humble, there are more people than i can count who could kill me at this weight. On the point of snyder, and austin. Thats again like comparing me and austin, well maybe not to that extreme, but who knows. Snyder works his butt off and most likely works just as hard as austin, he was just blessed with a better room to progress in, that being said he also trains at OTC on a regular, and some of his partners * hint hint* tervel, are other wordly. Not saying austin dosent have a great room to progress in, but snyder was blessed with the gift of higher oppurtunity and he took full advantage of it. Just as austin has taken full advantage of his own , and i have myself. Brandon, out..

I don't think anyone said there were five 220s in the country Austin couldn't beat his Sr year He proved he could beat them all and did if they dared show up even when he entered their state and sent them into hiding ,NONE wrestled his schedule And few if any his national schedule from 2nd grade on whether he was in KY or not .Not sure why you posted on this College thread .No one was downing the 220 class at all at least not me I gave it mad props .As for me saying Austin out trained everyone He did harder smarter and more , Snyder was ahead of him and passed on his Sr yr to train a the OTC something few people can do .

• Downvote 1

I figured ,Yeah that's his way of knocking Me and my boy .220 was one of the toughest classes .I think you top 8 would beat the top 8 heavies in a dual and skunk the top 8 197s no other class could say that so If I said what I wanted that 220 was the toughest I would have facts backing me but I didn't want to hear all the bs from the rest of the state lol.Keep doing what you do drill and drill I know you work out a ton just drill and drill you will get your title .

• Downvote 1

On 3/18/2016 at 11:26 PM, Nike Man said:

Tough day for our KY guys. Lampe and Fahy go 0-2. Fausz is still alive going 1-1. 

Fausz drops a 7-2 dec to a very tough Lambert of Nebraska.

• Upvote 1

This NCAA Tournament has been one of the craziest I've seen. I've kept up with and watched just about every round. So many great matches, scrambles, and "upsets." I say "upsets" simply because I believe once you get to that level on that stage, your pretty damn good and are on a fairly level playing field. The semi finals were awesome, always my favorite round. The finals tonight will be fun as well. I'm sure we may see another surprise or two before the night is over. Glad to see Fausz get a win. Hopefully we continue to see KY representation at the NCAAs and better yet, start bringing home some more AAs. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/7/2016 at 10:09 PM, wildcat2002 said:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2016-02-25/di-wrestling-qualifier-allocations-coaches-rankings-and-rpi

NCAA bid process is found here. It's extremely fair and based on rankings. I'd you don't make one of the qualifying spots at the conference tournament, it is still possible to get an at large bid to help fill the 33 man bracket. 

As far as the big 12 goes, OK state is the only decent team this year. OK is having a down year and 36 spots will be plenty. 

The big ten rates the spots with quality results. Should be a good tournament. 

Guess they are Decent setting in second place right now ahead of last yrs Nat champs hahahah

• Downvote 2

20 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Guess they are Decent setting in second place right now ahead of last yrs Nat champs hahahah

John Smith did a helluva job this year with all the injuries OK St suffered. Dieringer is such a monster. He dominated Zeke in the finals. Great to see Collica shine through.  

• Upvote 1