Sign in to follow this  

What would you give to have these state finals?

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:25 PM, tcats said:

here is how the powers that be do the basketball finals at Rupp. If they can do this for basketball, why can't they figure out how to make wrestling a memorable experience.

There can NEVER be anything like that in All-Tech. It is a facility for Horses, not people.  Wasn't there a kid last year that could not compete at State due to Horse Allergies.  Correct me if I am wrong but  they do use spotlights on the Horses?  We had pageantry at Frankfort, tried to continue some traditions at All-Tech but those got Knifed.  It seems instead of adding to the finals more things keep getting taken away.  Only thing constant is the DIRT in the stands and air.

Nothing wrong with a kid having fun probably should have shook Lee's hand first if you don't like the celebration stop it from happening "Don't lose"

• Downvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 2:16 PM, Granby said:

To put it into some perspective..Not that it matters, because it's not happening. 

Only picture I could find from "The Dungeon" that shows a wrestling setup. Only space for four mats. 

I think we might still be there wrestling now from last week if we only had four mats. 

085_Wrestling_5x7.jpg

4 mats will work if we go back to 16 man bracket

That's about the 

6 hours ago, tja said:

Nothing wrong with a kid having fun probably should have shook Lee's hand first if you don't like the celebration stop it from happening "Don't lose"

HALL WON WITH CLASS ,

NOT MUCH ANYONE CAN SAY ABOUT YOUR QUOTE OTHER THAN I DONT KNOW YOU AND CAN  TELL YOU ,You never lived up to your own standards .Neither did Red or few others .

• Upvote 2

I will have to agree with Nature Boy. Brock Ervin won with class. Austin Myers is kentucky's Mark Hall and he went out with class as well.

On 2/26/2016 at 4:01 PM, NatureBoy said:

"NATURE BOY ONLY HAS ALLTECH   TO COMPARE STATE TOURNAMENTS WITH"

Kind of funny considering the whole thread is based on an Indiana finals match in comparison to Kentucky and my son's won youth and Jr high state titles in 3 organizations in Ohio youth titles in ky and my oldest came in 3rd as a fresh at the SCHOTT in Ohio in a class tougher than any ever in indy or ky and then Won in the SCHOTT as soph going undefeated all year .

I been to a few tournaments in my day lol.

Nature Boy, what I meant was that you had only experienced the state tournament in KENTUCKY at Alltech.  Geeze, get some hormones and calm yourself down!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Irish Wrestler said:

Nature Boy, what I meant was that you had only experienced the state tournament in KENTUCKY at Alltech.  Geeze, get some hormones and calm yourself down!

Lol Calm myself down ?you think you could actually push my buttons ,pencil neck.

• Downvote 5

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 0:10 AM, tja said:

"If you dont like what i do when i score.. Dont let me score "

• Upvote 1

Most of america loves cam newton. He is great with children and an inspiration to many. (my favorite) he has a dance after every touch down. But at the end of the day is a good dude. If i celebrate its for 1 of 2 reasons. 1 it was a big win and i respect the opponent that i have beaten by showing my excitement. Or 2. You pissed me off in someway and im going to let you know where that got you. If cam newton dabs after a touchdown, i damn sure can dab after a big match

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What do you call that Dance he did in the backfield when The Denver D Was Sacking him .

Manning didn't dance he just smiled and let those around him enjoy.

See now I'm confused how can you say you loved the way AJ took the bad boy role this year with swagger yet say a little celebration is bad. I think as long as you are respectful to your opponent and shake hands there is nothing wrong with having fun. I also think there is nothing wrong with going out and taking it to a kid when the entire arena just booed your brother and cheered him being upset in the state finals.

Not at all one of my best friends played for them Shane Curry,He was one of their best ever but very humble a great Human Being .

Point with Newton he  came out looking scared at super bowl he was disgraceful ,he played without any confidence yet hoped around and show boated when he was on top in other games .

If you talk the talk walk the walk ,

I was always quiet like my son's for the most part when I competed but inside I was f t w I train my but off no time to showboat focus and win that's where it's at .I'm a gd lion and I'm going to eat .and if you get in my way or my son's way we will devour you lol.

.MY FRIEND PLAYED FOR THE CANES BROKE HIS HEART WHEN NOTRE DAME BROKE THEIR STREAK HE TOLD ME ALL SUMMER THAT YEAR WATCH US PLAY ND I'm going to get those sobs and he did .His father was a Deacon we worked together every summer he made ND look stupid that next yr they couldn't stop him I was very proud of him but more so because he was the most humble person I ever met even being surrounded by the Miami mob mentality .

• Upvote 1

The showboating is completely unnecessary.  My biggest problem with Cam is how he acted afterwards.  He should have paid attention to his own commercial and found a Band-Aid for his feelings instead of pouting at press conferences and taking subtle jabs at a QB that had a career 10X better than he will have.  If you crave attention, you don't get to be surprised that there will be plenty of negative attention to go with it.  Just own it afterwards like Conor Mcgregor.  I have no issue with that.  Everyone is different and show emotion differently, but when it disrespects the game and the opponent you went too far.  My favorite athlete of all time never once spiked the ball or danced or celebrated in any way.  Barry Sanders just handed the ball back to the ref because he always wanted to act like he'd been in the endzone before, just like in this case where Redd could've acted like his hand had been raised before.

• Upvote 3

All the talk and hype before and after are part of it for some not others .My son's never talked any smack at all about their opponents or what they were going to do ,If you asked them could they beat someone they would say yes ,never no no matter who it was not a big I'm gonna destroy them or I'm this and that ,if it was someone way out of their league they would probably look at you dumb or something if they were someone they couldn't beat or didn't know they would say they will beat Em .

They left the bs smack talk up to the dummies on forums like me and the goofs I argue with .

If a guy got dirty or was a punk they would return the kindness that's how they were taught and raised .they never once ran off the mat before shaking hands and rarely over celebrated .Or flashed some signs like some kids.always shook hands even though I saw some coaches at state get away without shaking Stephens hand one year in ky after a match and no one make a fuss .I saw Austin rub it in the face of a hostile crowd like no one in HS I have ever seen and get amped after beating a 3 X national champ avenging his only real loss in Folk style High School wrestling saw him pin a kid in 9 seconds and help him up and pat him on the back turn to his fans and make that get up gesture because one of his teammates just lost and it doomed his teams chances yet he wanted them to remain positive .

There are all kinds of situations .

I Saw AJ win a state title shake hands like he should and we'll he could have flipped of a booing crowd but didn't .Also saw him get pinned in the year before he shook hands the same way and prepared and went at it the same way.Thats not how Cam Newton acted Nor Red but Red acts the same all the time it's what he does if he wrestles someone good he still goes for it .

A wrestler shouldn't pay attention to any hype or any crowd and should be true to his nature for the most part .And if you Talk the Talk walk the Walk .just show up do your best shake hands no need to be a punk or exclaim your great friendship for any comp because if your blowing kisses to each other like some of these guys do after a match one or both of you haven't worked hard enough .Human nature does not allow someone who has trained their whole life  and suffered to be happy for the guy who just kicked their but and if you show boat or talk crap expect people to boo you because everyone is looking for Mr perfect and most strive to be that.

HONESTLY I think AJ got in a bunch of kids heads with all the hype and regardless of what he takes credit for or denies every single person who knows anything about the situation who has an inkling of competitive oneupsmanship knows it's what he wanted .Some times it works other times it doesn't I don't think it worked on Angel their match was to tight and Angel was an iceman it was a true great match between two studs who approach the sport differently .Another thing to think about is if a kid is not training his hardest and knows it he is more susceptible to falling prey to hype even if it's not aimed at him and most kids know they are not doing all they can do they are not 100 percent their minds are open to lose before they step on the mat.If I know I'm out training Everyone I have no fear whatsoever of losing or at least of smack talk I try to tell and instill that in all my family and friends it's the best advise .I have never seen a kid train as much as an Austin in all aspects of the sport some may have spent more time on a mat or wrestled harder in a room I doubt any anywhere spent the time all around training wrestling lifting jogging sprinting running bleachers eating his protein shakes and and the whole deal he was never scared of anyone loses hurt worse but the revenge win was always possible because work will pay off .

I know I drifted and rambled just enjoy the whole subject .

So I'm going to say some stuff that may make people mad of course I do not care lol .If Erdman had trained like he could have and should have no one would be talking about AJ over Angel or who should have gotten the OW it's true at least that's what I think .But you have to do the work and AJ Did and he won and he should have been OW .

On another note if Erdman trains in college like he did for state we will never hear his name again .And if AJ wants to hear his name again he better keep doing what he's doing and maybe more because now he will  be a target .Everyone wants a shot at the champ but a champ in any state who isn't taking out champs from other states left and right will just be a less than average Joe outside of High School .

• Downvote 1

I think so and I think you will do fine in college just keep at it and never settle for doing what everyone else is always do more and do more outside the box ,it's not just what your doing in the wrestling room or with the team at least half of it is up to you alone diet nutrition. Weight training extra stuff specialized training drilling ,If you want to win you can at any level at almost any weight .You have to love a challenge ,Sad and awesome at the same time I think of my son a 5 ,10 1/2 ,5.11,Heavyweight coming up from 220 to wrestle 6 foot plus guys at or close to 285 .That's a challenge and requires even more work and thought into being successful ,At least if your 197 or below you have a range or smaller range of size and styles of opponents .Anyway some kids will become complacent and fade some will face injuries and some may hit a wall as far as potential and ability goes either way I like to believe hard work will pay off no matter what and some level of accomplishment can be achieved by ANYONE.