Sign in to follow this  
otisgcc

mow

How does Bryce Sheffer not win MOW? He pinned all his opponents and is now a 3x champ. Nobody was more dominant than him.  Isnt that the best criteria to decide it?

According to the results he didn't pin all his opponents. 126 was considered to be a "weak" class comparative to 120 or 138 and Ochsenbein although talented wasn't expected to win the title. Saul was considered as a "lock" as a state titlist. I can only speak for myself but Ochsenbein beat a former (and a future (Moore) champion on the way to his title. To me that is the definition of outstanding. Sheffer may have been more dominant but the award is for Outstanding. JMO. To each his own.

• Upvote 1

Bryce is an elite wrestler without a doubt. The deal with MOW is, there isn't any criteria as to who a coach votes for. Some coaches vote for the body of work, and some vote on just the state tournament. It's a crap shoot. I think Dallas O was a great choice for the simple fact that he beat some studs and the favorite on his way to winning his State Championship. But, I also wouldn't argue if Sheffer or even Yost won it. If anyone paid attention, Yost ran the freaking gauntlet on the way to his State Championship. Either way, you could fight for any of these guys. To all that won and finally realized their dream, congrats! 

• Upvote 1

On February 21, 2016 at 5:27 PM, otisgcc said:

How does Bryce Sheffer not win MOW? He pinned all his opponents and is now a 3x champ. Nobody was more dominant than him.  Isnt that the best criteria to decide it?

He slipped a little and won 20-5 on a tech fall 

Saw a kid get 4 pins fastest pin most pins least time and tech a kid who would be a state champ the next yr and not get OW ,They figure Scheffer will probably get it next yr if he wins his Sr yr ,Probably a Sr thing as well ,

I SAW A FRESHMAN BEAT A RETURNING STATE CHAMP AT 220 AND NOT WIN LOL GO UNDEFEATED EVERY YEAR WHILE WINNING NAT TITLES MOST YEAR AND NOT WIN OW TILL HIS SR YR  THERE'S A LOT OF POLITICAL AND PERSONAL PREFERENCE IN THE MOW .THING IS THERE ARE ALWAYS A FEW WITH CASES FOR WINNING IT AND YOU CAN ARGUE OVER WHO YOU THINK should win or should have won but you cannot deny anyone who has won deserved it most of the time .I will say that beating an expected champ is not really up to par with becoming a multiple champ Like Scheffer in my opinion ,One big year or tournament does not equal multi titles or accomplishments .To be honest I saw a kid go undefeated 2 yrs in a row at every level and bring home a national title and OW from Nat and not win OW over a kid who had one good state tournament and quality win but and had losses on the yr 

IT'S RIDICULOUS AT TIMES .

• Downvote 2