Sign in to follow this  
Mom of JHAL

Sportsmanship at the state meet

I for one was completely floored by the amount of booing that was going on yesterday at the state finals. I am from a small school and have no support and very few fans so I love it when I hear the cheers coming from all the different sections of each wrestlers school. I CAN NOT understand why ANYONE would feel the need to boo at another wrestler. My son is friends with a lot of wrestlers from all different schools and we cheer them on as well as our son, even if they are in his weight class. Examples are the match between AJ and Angel. I know that each of these kids are good kids and they both worked hard to earn the state title, but there was sooo much booing going on that it wasn't fair to either of them. Would you want someone to boo at your kid just because he worked harder then his opponent and ended up beating him?? It is NOT right!! The Max and Hudson match was horrible as well, but when they were handing out awards and the whole Woodford team booed when they called Hudson name that was the most unsportsmanlike behavior I have ever seen!!!! I feel that Woodford owes Hudson and the Trinity school system an apology and every coach should talk to their fans and let them know that that kind of behavior will NOT BE TOLERATED!! Every wrestler that stood on that podium worked very hard for that spot and they DO NOT deserve to be booed at!!!!

• Upvote 3

Your post is full of flaws whoever you are? 

Just because you beat someone doesn't necessarily mean you worked Harder as you stated ?

I doubt Woodfords Coaches like seeing their guy lose by a point in a match with 1 escape each and a discretionary call awarding a point for a push out or whatever it was and no TD.They would not scold their fans for booing ,They were not Booing Heidorf so much as the call nor am I being negative towards either wrestler .I have seen state titles change of. Discretionary calls before ref won't call stalling kid loses by 1 to a kid he beat easily and training ed harder than before but had wrestled lighter than most of the year and get booed fiercely by the crowd ,Kid never posted or said a word against anyone and repped the state like no one .of course his brother set everyone straight .

Let's face it if a kid goes on social media of all sorts and says he's going good to whip everyone's but or would have came to tourneys and taken titles like candy from babies They could expect to be a Heel lol or to be the bad guy in the crowds eyes AJ is a Champ in my eyes and should be to everyone's he's just not a fan favorite plain and simple to most To me he played the game maybe stayed true to his true nature in the age of social media everyone pretty much knew what was being said all over .

I don't feel Woodford owes anyone anything ,Heidorf and Trinity know Heidorf is a state champ and deserving Woodford feels the same for Andreoni. Perhaps a certain ref or two should NOT be reffing championship matches that's the real Hard truth that all schools agree upon .

The best thing a kid can do when kicked when he's down is to get up and show out like the kid I spoke of earlier did go prove who you are and how good you are elsewhere regardless of who likes it .If Angel or AJ or Hudson or Andreoni want respect let Em keep earning it .Things happen kids get cheated now and then even on bigger scales fans are fierce and unfair so is life .

Now 1 post person sorry if I seemed like a jerk but that's how I see it .

• Upvote 1

I agree It was not Heidorfs fault and he is a worthy Champ if there ever was one .I just think the fans were booing the whole way it went Down not Heidorf but fans are blind sometimes I wouldn't sweat it he won and Andreoni and him will both go on .Both warriors .I like Em both .

I don't think the boos were directed at Heidorf but rather the way the match was officiated, especially since the awards ceremony was immediately after the match.  However I can see how it would be taken negatively by the Trinity program.

I will speculate and say that the boos during the 138 ceremony were against Bindner himself just because of the way I have heard people talk about him.  Booing the officiating is ok, the wrestler himself is not unless he does something to warrant the negative attention.

9 hours ago, Josh_Claywell said:

"Your post is full of flaws whoever you are?"

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, pot.

POT BELLY ,MEET THE NATURE BOY .

You got a Lotta nerve  knocking me for stating some facts about someone who had only 1 post 2 days AGO AND SIMPLY TRYING TO STATE THE POSITIVE  but that's okay .

I RECALL YOU BASHING MY BOYS WHEN WE CAME BACK HOME LITTLE MAN YOUR no saint by any means and your the blackest kettle in the kitchen .

Trying to sway the public against two kids who repped more for the state  than anyone  and who never said anything negative to a soul EITHER OF WHICH PUT MORE INTO THE SPORT FROM KINDERGARTEN TO SR YR THAN ANY TEAM YOU EVER TRIED TO BOOST WITH YOUR WRITINGS .

Do you not think My son Austin wanted to state how he was going to wipe his Ar $.e with St X and everyone who booed his brother for losing a title after bumping up a weight the week before state lol he didn't have to say crap he did it and that boy who lost a state title his Sr yr don't you think know he wanted to call all the haters out and say I will be at Sr nationals while you P%$$_$$ are setting at home scared .He didn't he just showed up and showed who the best really was.

In case you have been hiding under a rock yes LaRue county probably lost a place or two at state one year and CC got a boost .

BUT THE STATE GAINED A WHOLE LOT MORE ,I'm no kettle or pot I'm an Anvil and I helped bring two weapons of mass destruction to a state that added firepower unlike anyone ever before to our state I certainly contributed far more than you and I still do .

• Downvote 2

Okay so i was the one that got boo'd ill elaborate.

Nobody understands why i do some of the things i did all season. Ill take you back to the quarterfinals where i wrestled chance oxford. Did i do some excessive celebration towards union county? Yes. Do you want to know the full story. As i reached out to shake hands with chance after he shoved me when the match was over (even admitted by their coach) he called me "a little bit**". Now i responded with "are you mad i have now beaten you twice". On to the semis. Trent is a good kid and i love his family but all of the extra shoving was just not necessary. I did show some excitement after that win towards my crowd. Josh johnson told me himself he woupd rather see a kid get excited and show it a little bit then act like it isnt a big deal at all. Last year i was defeated by keegan and had nothing but congratulation for him gave him a pat on the back and walked off. Anyone out here on the forums that can tell me the last time ice reacted like a punk after loosing please tell me. It dates back before 8th grade. So why when i cramp and call an injury time am i boo'd? And even worse ive been working so hard since i was 4 years old for 1 thing high school state title. Why when im finally so overwhelmed with pure happiness boo me when im getting my medal? How about praise me for not reacting to the crowd at all. Or even the stall calls. The old me wouldve broke and flipped out. Im 18 people. Im learning. If the worst i do in my life was be a little arrogant as a teenager im doing okay. I have made big strides and contnue to learn. For all of you classless people. Just know i never danced or reacted to any of you after the finals. 1 because angel is an outstanding human bein. And 2. What else did i have to say or prove?

Sincerely,

Aj bindner

• Upvote 5

Congrats on your win you earned it .

PEOPLE PROBABLY BOOED YOU BECAUSE YOU TALKED QUITE A BIT OF SMACK ALL YEAR ON FORUMS FACEBOOK TWITTER AND WHO KNOWS WHERE ELSE .I READ A POST YOU PUT SOMEWHERE THAT SAID ALL THOSE GUYS WERE LUCKY YOU WERE NOT AT THE RUMBLE TAKING CANDY FROM THE BABIES LOL YOU POSTED BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS ON THIS FORUM AND SENT OTHER THINGS OUT INDICATING YOU WERE GOING TO BEAT THIS AND THAT GUY ,Your right you trained for it you earned it your the champ and you did it your way pulled out all the stops and used every tool available to you even psychology ,Do you not think you would have been booed if there would have been no shoving no injury TO and you would have simply won and everyone shook your hand after such a huge media propaganda psyche out campaign ????

I admire what you did few kids have the personality or charisma good or bad to tackle every aspect Including media and stay on top of their game but those boos were coming one way or another ,In your case they were cheers not many people understand what you actually did as far as psyching out everyone and you don't know if it worked or not but either way it weighed on your opponents and their coaches .very well done you are a deserving champ no doubt about it .

NOW is the time to rep yourself your state and for you and the rest of the state champs to show what you have and how good you really are .Nationals are around the corner SRs in particular should not want to see it end some lay on the glory of their state titles others carry it like a shield into battle against the best in the country .Who can talk the talk and walk the walk .win or lose there your a champion .

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Congrats on your win you earned it .

PEOPLE PROBABLY BOOED YOU BECAUSE YOU TALKED QUITE A BIT OF SMACK ALL YEAR ON FORUMS FACEBOOK TWITTER AND WHO KNOWS WHERE ELSE .I READ A POST YOU PUT SOMEWHERE THAT SAID ALL THOSE GUYS WERE LUCKY YOU WERE NOT AT THE RUMBLE TAKING CANDY FROM THE BABIES LOL YOU POSTED BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS ON THIS FORUM AND SENT OTHER THINGS OUT INDICATING YOU WERE GOING TO BEAT THIS AND THAT GUY ,Your right you trained for it you earned it your the champ and you did it your way pulled out all the stops and used every tool available to you even psychology ,Do you not think you would have been booed if there would have been no shoving no injury TO and you would have simply won and everyone shook your hand after such a huge media propaganda psyche out campaign ????

I admire what you did few kids have the personality or charisma good or bad to tackle every aspect Including media and stay on top of their game but those boos were coming one way or another ,In your case they were cheers not many people understand what you actually did as far as psyching out everyone and you don't know if it worked or not but either way it weighed on your opponents and their coaches .very well done you are a deserving champ no doubt about it .

NOW is the time to rep yourself your state and for you and the rest of the state champs to show what you have and how good you really are .Nationals are around the corner SRs in particular should not want to see it end some lay on the glory of their state titles others carry it like a shield into battle against the best in the country .Who can talk the talk and walk the walk .win or lose there your a champion .

Lol well thank you mr meyers and i do apprieciate you coming up to my family and i. It is much appreciated to hear from you a job well done. I did say some things here and there but the rumble post couldnt have been me because the rumble would have been logan erdman (my best friend) we follow each other on twitter it wouldve started a little friendly jabber lol. Wouldnt have said that. 

Hard to say who said what as everyone knows gossip and heresay usually grow into something different and twisted and what people are showing could be from any number of sources thought it was a twitter lol ,Either way job well done ,I could never blame someone for being Hungry for something they trained for for so long and no one knows except each individual the trials they face to achieve their Dreams .Regardless do not let the boos bother you you did what you had to do and what came natural no one can say you are a fake ,Congrats and good luck at the next level .

37 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Hard to say who said what as everyone knows gossip and heresay usually grow into something different and twisted and what people are showing could be from any number of sources thought it was a twitter lol ,Either way job well done ,I could never blame someone for being Hungry for something they trained for for so long and no one knows except each individual the trials they face to achieve their Dreams .Regardless do not let the boos bother you you did what you had to do and what came natural no one can say you are a fake ,Congrats and good luck at the next level .

Thanks alot mr. Meyers

I will say this. The booing was ridiculous.  While the match was going on I didn't mind it much.  I believe I may have been the only one in my section rooting for A.J. (I was sitting near the Trinity Clan section).   

When the booing started at the podium I made sure I clapped.  Those around me asked why I was clapping.  I said this kid has been in the hunt for a state title for many years. He deserves the title and the accolades that come with it.  I told many of the Christian Trinity fans that they were being rude and unsportsmanlike.  Look at the studs that fell in that wt. class. Erdman, Spahr, and Vasquez.  

I remember many people predicted that the MOW would come from this wt. class. Would it have happened if one of these others would have won?

Congrats A.J. Hopefully you have many more victories in the future.

This was my 35th state tourney that I have attended.  I have seen a few kids boo'd on the podium. (Which I disagree with under any circumstance). That may have been the 1st time I saw a kid boo'd at the podium for no reason of his own.  He made no gestures to the crowd or his opponent.  He did nothing unsportsmanlike on the mat. 

Really appreciate that goo wish more people were like you! Makes no sense for trinity to boo me. I battled with one of their best every single time and have been nothing but friendly but some people are just "2 faced" act like they like you and then boo you behind your back. If you know who im talking about. Or you feel guilty its probably you. Your congradulations to me meant about as much as a getting a forfeit. 

On Sunday, February 21, 2016 at 6:21 PM, Mom of JHAL said:

I for one was completely floored by the amount of booing that was going on yesterday at the state finals. I am from a small school and have no support and very few fans so I love it when I hear the cheers coming from all the different sections of each wrestlers school. I CAN NOT understand why ANYONE would feel the need to boo at another wrestler. My son is friends with a lot of wrestlers from all different schools and we cheer them on as well as our son, even if they are in his weight class. Examples are the match between AJ and Angel. I know that each of these kids are good kids and they both worked hard to earn the state title, but there was sooo much booing going on that it wasn't fair to either of them. Would you want someone to boo at your kid just because he worked harder then his opponent and ended up beating him?? It is NOT right!! The Max and Hudson match was horrible as well, but when they were handing out awards and the whole Woodford team booed when they called Hudson name that was the most unsportsmanlike behavior I have ever seen!!!! I feel that Woodford owes Hudson and the Trinity school system an apology and every coach should talk to their fans and let them know that that kind of behavior will NOT BE TOLERATED!! Every wrestler that stood on that podium worked very hard for that spot and they DO NOT deserve to be booed at!!!!

Woodford county may have been the most spirited but it takes away from the classless fans that chose to boo me on the podium. While it may have been the refs in the Hudson match. It was directly at me during the medal recognition. You didnt have a dog in that fight, and you really never have! 

I clapped for all the champs ,Didn't have a dog in any fights this year just friends kids from our school /our team and kids I have seen come up a few years and I like seeing everyone get at title unless it's my kids and I want Em to win Em all lol but you get the picture,I remember AJ a little guy who talked to me and Austin. At the Bluegrass games one year I was hoping he got his title regardless of all the smack talk ,of course I actually love that shi! My boys came from a school when they we r we young that never had a state champ any level ,I took care of that quick or should I say Austin did he won one at 6 and then the smack talk was on forever people blasting the underdogs till they took over now they have to dig deep for knocks but they will never end ,

SO if people want to paint you a villain and or you do not want to be fake and talk smack now and again go for it but it will cost you at times as far as support and depending on what level fairness .but it's all good every dog has their day of they hunt long enough .

I talked so much crap about my son his fresh yr in ky that his first ever match the kid forfeited with not a sole in the room ever seeing him wrestle 1 second .lol if a kid thinks he can't win he won't period and you can't be a sissy boy in wrestling if some smack talk a pop in the nose or a head but here or there isn't your thing take up golf .

AJ ,MADE IT INTERESTING THIS YEAR 

13 hours ago, TECHnWIN said:

Okay so i was the one that got boo'd ill elaborate.

Nobody understands why i do some of the things i did all season. Ill take you back to the quarterfinals where i wrestled chance oxford. Did i do some excessive celebration towards union county? Yes. Do you want to know the full story. As i reached out to shake hands with chance after he shoved me when the match was over (even admitted by their coach) he called me "a little bit**". Now i responded with "are you mad i have now beaten you twice". On to the semis. Trent is a good kid and i love his family but all of the extra shoving was just not necessary. I did show some excitement after that win towards my crowd. Josh johnson told me himself he woupd rather see a kid get excited and show it a little bit then act like it isnt a big deal at all. Last year i was defeated by keegan and had nothing but congratulation for him gave him a pat on the back and walked off. Anyone out here on the forums that can tell me the last time ice reacted like a punk after loosing please tell me. It dates back before 8th grade. So why when i cramp and call an injury time am i boo'd? And even worse ive been working so hard since i was 4 years old for 1 thing high school state title. Why when im finally so overwhelmed with pure happiness boo me when im getting my medal? How about praise me for not reacting to the crowd at all. Or even the stall calls. The old me wouldve broke and flipped out. Im 18 people. Im learning. If the worst i do in my life was be a little arrogant as a teenager im doing okay. I have made big strides and contnue to learn. For all of you classless people. Just know i never danced or reacted to any of you after the finals. 1 because angel is an outstanding human bein. And 2. What else did i have to say or prove?

Sincerely,

Aj bindner

Little story Friday morning walking into the arena up the stairs I hear kids giving AJ crap saying he was going to get teched and in true Champion fashion AJ laughed and said catch me in the finals... 

And like he said he backed it up and proved all the people wrong finished his career a State Champion and not a single person who booed can change that

2 hours ago, tja said:

Little story Friday morning walking into the arena up the stairs I hear kids giving AJ crap saying he was going to get teched and in true Champion fashion AJ laughed and said catch me in the finals... 

And like he said he backed it up and proved all the people wrong finished his career a State Champion and not a single person who booed can change that

True story! I was walking with my north oldham buddies. I was pretty confident im glad i didnt have to eat any crow lol i have had to do that before. Doesnt taste well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TECHnWIN said:

True story! I was walking with my north oldham buddies. I was pretty confident im glad i didnt have to eat any crow lol i have had to do that before. Doesnt taste well.

I promised my grandma when she was on her death bed i would win a state title and it would be for her. She was a saint. Afterall she is tattoed on my body. My back was against the wall with 1 last chance to keep my promise. I know wrestling isnt the only thing she would be proud of but its a start

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, TECHnWIN said:

Lol well thank you mr meyers and i do apprieciate you coming up to my family and i. It is much appreciated to hear from you a job well done. I did say some things here and there but the rumble post couldnt have been me because the rumble would have been logan erdman (my best friend) we follow each other on twitter it wouldve started a little friendly jabber lol. Wouldnt have said that. 

AJ, you know I love ya but I remember reading that:)