Ranger123

2016 Ranger Report

As usual, up to the very last minute making updates and correcting typos.  Dutch and I literally spent hours and hours preparing this one and slept very little to get it done (automation coming next year).  But we are very apprehensive about the results.  With so many injuries and changes who knows what the weekend will bring.  Anyway, enjoy.  Maybe give you something to read or talk about over your Mt. Dew in the hotel tonight.

Ranger report 2016 FINAL.pdf

CAMELS ON THE RISE IT LOOKS LIKE ,TUCKER OUT ,favors Yenter,Franckrone out favors Grazziani, Sparh stepping it up at the right time moves the teams outcome up a lot Carter Ketchum is a beast .

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT THAT'S GOOD 

UNION GETS 14 OUT FROM THE WEAKER DISTRICT AS USUAL Gives THEM A HUGE ADVANTAGE OVER TEAMS LIKE X TRINITY OLDHAM AND CC WHO come from districts with deep talent pools ,no kids och on them and their awesomeness just facts .

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, WristControl said:

"Maybe with the additional parking funds we could hire someone to seed the tournament."

LOL 

lol start a whitehouse petition

My kids don't wrestle here anymore hahaha you DA I have another boy and nephews and cousins with kids and mom's who want me to bless their babies with Nature Boy know How and no short supply of idiots out there who need to be awakened to the Awesomeness that is mine and mine only to be shared with those wise enough to simply Ask !

Whoooooooo

• Downvote 3

For all of those that booed me out of the gym during the match and podium you should learn some class from angel. Never have i wrestled someone with so much class. For all that doubted, and booed me. I got the last laugh. Learn some class. On to college i go. And i wish the best of luck to angel what a stud!. Thanks to all of the coaches that habe helped to get me to where i am today.

Your 138lb state champ,

Aj bindner

• Upvote 7

Always a rough crowd at All Tech even when a kid says nothing at all .congrats to you and Angel .

Saw some strange calls and I think a ref decided who won between Heidorf and Andreoni.

• Upvote 4

Very classy ,and very skilled as well ,Not creating drama or knocking either kid but from my spot in the arena I couldn't tell if one td was legit and I thought one of the points awarded for stalling was a bit lame or perhaps a makeup point for a former td that wasn't legit just me maybe .I know close matches are rough to ref but I saw a couple titles hinge on discretionary calls and well.....I would rather see them decided by the wrestlers not a refs discretionary call on if a td was in or out ,If a kid is stalling or if a kid pushed his opponent out when trying to escape ,

• Downvote 1

YOUNG GOT HIS TITLE A HUGE SIZE ADVANTAGE.

CHANDLER GOT HIS TITLE AND WON A FEW CLOSE ONES WHERE HE OUT WRESTLED THE COMP ,220 to me had studs who could wrestle more so than any of the 4 top weights .Physically and skill level wise I thought they were a cut above

What about Colby Culver losses twice to Reed but was winning for third when he got caught and got the W over a kid who was over 50 and 0 before this weekend .Nice work ,Chandlers finals opponent I. believe his name was Chance was at a huge size disadvantage hard to overcome .

195 wasn't so bad without Frankrone but it and the whole level of comp at the tournament was lowered without Him .

I was at a bit of a loss at 182 I didn't know many of them and actually thought it would be a lot tougher than it appeared with kids trying to stay away from Frankrone .

CORNETT DOMINATED 170 AS EXPECTED HE IS A NATIONAL LEVEL GUY BUT.CAN IMPROVE FOR SURE .

DUNCAN IS A STUD ,Heidorf and Andre on as well .

2 years in a row Mason Smith loses only to the eventual state champ ,His time is coming soon .

SAUL IS NOT THE KING OF KY Wrestling although he is good Oshebein was clearly a little cut above wether it was a physical age thing or not .

VASQUEZ AND BINDNER HAD A GREAT MATCH BINDNER FINALLY GETS A W LIKE A FEW OTHERS HE WAS ON THE FENCE and has been the last couple years BUT PUT IT TOGETHER PULLING OUT ALL THE STOPS PHYSICAL MENTAL AND MAYBE EVEN SPIRITUAL TO GET THE W Over the king of KY wrestling Angel Vasquez ,Perhaps the one match where the kids themselves were complete opposites .

ON TO THE KID WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE CHAMP IN THIS CLASS .

ERDMAN ...HMM WELL I KNOW HE HAD MORE TRAINING AND PROBABLY BETTER SCHEDULES THAN THE REST HERE MAYBE MORE OF ALL THE EXTRAS THAN ANYONE IN THE TOURNAMENT .BUT .....YOU CANt QUIT FOR A YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL WRESTling fOR WHATEVER REASON. ,You can't quit doing what got you there and you can't do the stuff your not supposed to do to be A True super Champion You have to remain. Hungry .To me BINDNER wether you agree with what he says lol or not was in fact hungry I bet the kid woke up slept and thought about wrestling in his dreams and regardless of if people see him as DarthVader to some other kids Luke Skywalker he was Hungry he said he was going to do something and did it .

And afterwards said some more lol He won period .

SPARH HAD A BAD DAY OR TOURNAMENT FOR SURE ,BAD DAYS HAPPEN FOR KIDS WHO DO NOT HAVE AS MANY ROUGH DAYS BEFORE HAND .GOTTA DO THE EXTRAS IF YOU WANT TO BE KING.

WELLS AND MOORE CONTINUE THEir GREAT BATTLES AGAIN SOME STRANGE CALLS TO ME IN THE MATCH BUT I WOULDNT CALL FOUL BECAUSE IT'S DISCRETIONARY.Two years in a row Wells remains behind Moore in the ranks but placers higher at state this year winning the head to head after losing at regions to Moore hopefully they separate classes so both can win titles in some other class and can live with a draw as far as their wrestling dual.

YOST AND KARTER KETCHAM.WOW 8TH AND SEVENTH GRADE CHAMP AND PLACERS NICE FUTURE FOR KY THERE.SEEN KETCHAM AT OPEN MATS AND STUFF FOR YEARS.WORD TO AND FROM THE WISE ,You live in the county do as you do not what those around you do .

There's a reason. A seventh grader can place at state and others fall short ,Hey let's party smoke some weed drink a few lol leaves you crying in the stands surrounded by crying family members and and your teammates watching in the stands before state begins or setting at home .A seventh grader doesn't care about weed booze opposite sex for the most part he cares about being a champ .

YENTER DOMINATED A CLASS THAT WAS HURT A BIT BY INJURIES BUT EARNED AND DESERVED IT HE GOES THE EXTRA MILE .HIS FATHER/PARENTS  GOES THE EXTRAS MILE , IF YOU WANT YOUR KIDS TO BE STUDS DO NOT LEAVE IT UP TO THE COACHES, CAMPS OFF Season. Wrestling and discipline and morals make champions .

UNION WAS THE STUFF .AND WOULD HAVE WON HANDS DOWN NO MATTER WHAT REGION THEY WOULD HAVE CAME FROM.

THE OLDHAMS STEPPED IT UP IT WAS THEIR TIME.

WOODFORD ALTHOUGH ANNOYING TO WRESTLE BRINGS ENERGY TO THE THE TOURNAMENT THEIR FANS ARE GREAT AS ARE THEIR TEAMS I SURE THEIR KIDS ARE PROUD AND GET SUCH A BOOST FROM THEIR FANS .UNION DOES PRETTY MUCH THE SAME BUT IF I HAD ANY MORE KIDS AT STATE AND THEY NEEDED A BOOST ON THE FLOOR WOULDNT IT BE COOL TO WRESTLE FOR WOODFORD .WOW LOVE THAT STUFF EVEN THOUGH I WANT TO THROW ROCKS AT THEIR FANS AT TIMES.HAHAHA

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Any timeline for the annual review? No rush, just looking forward to seeing it. It's cool how in depth you guys have gotten in recent years.

Besides the picks that surely everyone got wrong (Oschenbein) I think you guys were just about spot on. 

5 hours ago, 385 said:

Any timeline for the annual review? No rush, just looking forward to seeing it. It's cool how in depth you guys have gotten in recent years.

Besides the picks that surely everyone got wrong (Oschenbein) I think you guys were just about spot on. 

Shooting for end of the week. I owe Dutch a dinner (offline pick'em bet) tomorrow night. Hope to finish it after that. 

Then not long after we will move on to next year and post some preseason rankings next week. 

41 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Shooting for end of the week. I owe Dutch a dinner (offline pick'em bet) tomorrow night. Hope to finish it after that. 

Then not long after we will move on to next year and post some preseason rankings next week. 

Awesome. Hopefully he goes light on your wallet.

3 hours ago, KYW said:

When will pre season rankings come out for next season?

Why would you post on this thread without reading the comments in the thread?

• Upvote 2