FalconWrestling

State Prediction Game 2016

CHASING OWs or MOWs, There could be books written about it , Picture a kid with 2 undefeated seasons and titles with only two losses at H'S state tournaments 1 to a returning champ sr by 1 point another to a stud by 1 point ,Never won an ow even with a year having Fastest pin most pins least time and wrestling up a weight from his lowest weight that year More national accolades and wins against tougher opponents than anyone in KY history except maybe 1 .,

Picture a 3 X state champ from a legendary KY wrestling Family a true mat Warrior WHO REPPED NATIONALLY MORE THAN ANYONE CURRENTLY WRESTLING IN KY IMO Never winning an OW .

I HAVE SEEN SOME KIDS NEVER WIN AN OW WHO DESERVED ONE MORE THAN ANYONE WRESTLING THIS YEAR .JUST MY OPINION BASED ON FACTS OF COURSE LOL .NEVER SEEN TWO STUDS LIKE KEVIN COOPER AND MY BOY STEPHEN COME UP AND TRAIN HARD AND SET THE BAR FOR WHEREVER THEY WERE .STEPHEN WAS A TEAM OW WINNER AT MOELLER AS FRESH LOL.COOPER EASILY THE MOST RECOGNIZED AND FEARED KY WRESTLER I HAVE EVER SEEN AT LEAST IN OHIO .

JUST ME RANTING ON TWO KIDS I SEEN COME UP AT THE SAME TIME .

AND MAKING A POINT ABOUT OWS I HAVE ONLY EVER SEEN TWO KIDS WHO NO COACHES UNDER ANY SCENARIO COULD DENY OWS AND THEY COULD COME UP WITH REASONS FOR OTHER KIDS TO WIN EVEN THEN IF THEY WANTED .

BROCK A FIVE X CHAMP AUSTIN for doing it all .

THERE COULD BE SOMEONE WHO STANDS OUT FOR WHATEVER REASONS.THE BINDNER KID WITH 1 LEG WINS I WOULD GIVE HIM THE OW IN A HEART BEAT .

AS FOR NATIONALLY AND KIDS WHO HAVE REPPED THE STATE AND I KNOW EVERYONE WILL MURDER ME FOR THIS BUT WITH OUT FRANKRONE WHO REALLY ONLY HAD GREAT NATIONALLY AL SUCCESS THE LAST YR OR A LITTLE LONGER .I DONT SEEN ANY NATIONAL LEVEL UPPER THREATS EXCEPT SAUL .ERDMAN ANGEL AND BINDER HAVE DONE NOTHING OF NOTE ON A NATIONALLY LEVEL COMPARED TO NUMEROUS WRESTLER OF THE PAST FEW YEARS.SO I HAVE TO DISAGREE ON THE NATIONAL LEVEL COMMENT ABOUT THEM JUST BEING REAL .

I DO NOT SEEN ANY TOP PLACINGS AT IN SEASON NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS OR OUT OF SEASON TOURNAMENTS BY ANY OF THEM ? IN THE PAST YOU HAD Brock FRANKRONE placing at iron man and winning an nhsca title along with state titles .Faust winning state titles placing at fila and Fargo ,A Stephen winning state titles placing Fargo Iron man power Ade double a a as well as 2 X freestyle a a and 2 X nhsca placer 1 at srs,Not sure of all of Fahys wins but he was in the mix at a lot of national stuff.

ANDREONI IS AN NHSCA PLACER AND IN THE MIX NOW .

Can't forget Cornett at NHSCA

But outside there they have not struck any gold .

AND AUSTIN WHO WAS IN THE MIX EVERYWHERE HE WASNT ON TOP OF A PODIUM .

NOT TO MUCH NATIONAL LEVEL THUNDER AT STATE THIS YEAR WITH OUT TYLER .

IF SAUL WERE TO PIN OR TECH THROUGH MAYBE EVEN A MAJOR HERE OR THERE IT WOULD BE HARD TO DENY HIM .

BOTTOM LINE IS YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN AND WHO MAY PULL ON THE HEART STRINGS OR EGOS OF EVERYONE OR HAVE THE GREAT WEEKEND.

BUT YEAH 138s champ will probably take it hands down .

9 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

CHASING OWs or MOWs, There could be books written about it , Picture a kid with 2 undefeated seasons and titles with only two losses at H'S state tournaments 1 to a returning champ sr by 1 point another to a stud by 1 point ,Never won an ow even with a year having Fastest pin most pins least time and wrestling up a weight from his lowest weight that year More national accolades and wins against tougher opponents than anyone in KY history except maybe 1 .,

Picture a 3 X state champ from a legendary KY wrestling Family a true mat Warrior WHO REPPED NATIONALLY MORE THAN ANYONE CURRENTLY WRESTLING IN KY IMO Never winning an OW .

I HAVE SEEN SOME KIDS NEVER WIN AN OW WHO DESERVED ONE MORE THAN ANYONE WRESTLING THIS YEAR .JUST MY OPINION BASED ON FACTS OF COURSE LOL .NEVER SEEN TWO STUDS LIKE KEVIN COOPER AND MY BOY STEPHEN COME UP AND TRAIN HARD AND SET THE BAR FOR WHEREVER THEY WERE .STEPHEN WAS A TEAM OW WINNER AT MOELLER AS FRESH LOL.COOPER EASILY THE MOST RECOGNIZED AND FEARED KY WRESTLER I HAVE EVER SEEN AT LEAST IN OHIO .

JUST ME RANTING ON TWO KIDS I SEEN COME UP AT THE SAME TIME .

AND MAKING A POINT ABOUT OWS I HAVE ONLY EVER SEEN TWO KIDS WHO NO COACHES UNDER ANY SCENARIO COULD DENY OWS AND THEY COULD COME UP WITH REASONS FOR OTHER KIDS TO WIN EVEN THEN IF THEY WANTED .

BROCK A FIVE X CHAMP AUSTIN for doing it all .

THERE COULD BE SOMEONE WHO STANDS OUT FOR WHATEVER REASONS.THE BINDNER KID WITH 1 LEG WINS I WOULD GIVE HIM THE OW IN A HEART BEAT .

AS FOR NATIONALLY AND KIDS WHO HAVE REPPED THE STATE AND I KNOW EVERYONE WILL MURDER ME FOR THIS BUT WITH OUT FRANKRONE WHO REALLY ONLY HAD GREAT NATIONALLY AL SUCCESS THE LAST YR OR A LITTLE LONGER .I DONT SEEN ANY NATIONAL LEVEL UPPER THREATS EXCEPT SAUL .ERDMAN ANGEL AND BINDER HAVE DONE NOTHING OF NOTE ON A NATIONALLY LEVEL COMPARED TO NUMEROUS WRESTLER OF THE PAST FEW YEARS.SO I HAVE TO DISAGREE ON THE NATIONAL LEVEL COMMENT ABOUT THEM JUST BEING REAL .

I DO NOT SEEN ANY TOP PLACINGS AT IN SEASON NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS OR OUT OF SEASON TOURNAMENTS BY ANY OF THEM ? IN THE PAST YOU HAD Brock FRANKRONE placing at iron man and winning an nhsca title along with state titles .Faust winning state titles placing at fila and Fargo ,A Stephen winning state titles placing Fargo power Ade double a a as well as 2 X freestyle a a and 2 X nhsca placer 1 at srs,Not sure of all of Fahys wins but he was in the mix at a lot of national stuff.

ANDREONI IS AN NHSCA PLACER AND IN THE MIX NOW .

AND AUSTIN WHO WAS IN THE MIX EVERYWHERE HE WASNT ON TOP OF A PODIUM .

NOT TO MUCH NATIONAL LEVEL THUNDER AT STATE THIS YEAR WITH OUT TYLER .

IF SAUL WERE TO PIN OR TECH THROUGH MAYBE EVEN A MAJOR HERE OR THERE IT WOULD BE HARD TO DENY HIM .

BOTTOM LINE IS YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN AND WHO MAY PULL ON THE HEART STRINGS OR EGOS OF EVERYONE OR HAVE THE GREAT WEEKEND.

BUT YEAH 138s champ will pr

I added a bit, but admittedly I do not know everything everyone has done but I do know what tournaments are considered national level and without any freestyle greco success like only a few KY wrestlers have ever had ,You have to look at NHSCAs some Nat duals,Maybe flo and not many KY guys hitting in season. Nat tourneys like power Ade or Iron Man .And I overlooked Boston who was in KY two years he of course had a lot of success nationally without any fr greco thunder like Fausz Austin Or the one and only Jo Jo Carr or Stephen in the past and I don't recall him ever hitting Iron Man or power Ade but I'm not sure and never saw him at NHSCAs opting for the newer flo nationals.And he never went to Nat duals with team KY like most of the KY champs did .

I agree 138 is toughest weight.   Doesn't guarantee the OW will be from that weight. SOOO many different scenarios can play out this weekend.

1 hour ago, Wky said:

120 has 2 previous state champs and  another finalist . Not all from last yr though. 

I told someone this week I see 5 kids in that weight class that either have been or will be state champs: Ervin, Hurst, Moore, Wells, Storck.  Maybe even Insko...he's still in middle school!

• Upvote 1

I agree but ,have to disagree on your comment in order to be 5 who have been or will be the ones who have not would have to win ???? WELLS IS A SR ?HE has not won so if he is going to be one or has been he would have to win this yr your comment is a bit false and misleading ,I do not know stork or insko so I could not comment on Em but I don't think they are both state champs now .As for Wells he of course in my opinion like Moore is  worthy of state champ status .Hurst is a former champ I believe .

6 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

I agree but ,have to disagree on your comment in order to be 5 who have been or will be the ones who have not would have to win ???? WELLS IS A SR ?HE has not won so if he is going to be one or has been he would have to win this yr your comment is a bit false and misleading ,I do not know stork or insko so I could not comment on Em but I don't think they are both state champs now .As for Wells he of course in my opinion like Moore is  worthy of state champ status .Hurst is a former champ I believe .

Wells is a jr I believe 

7 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Wells is a junior.

As for match ups other than all the mid to lightweight studs going to clash and with Frankrone  missing .There seems to be an upper weight showdown at 220 worthy of any notice that the other classes may be getting Reed a Jr runner up last yr and an undefeated record vs Portman a Sr  with 50 plus wins and undefeated .Hello .......not to many undefeated former state placers going to mix it up and few rarely do there's going to be good stuff all over to watch as well as Can Young finally fulfill his destiny at Hvy? 

3 minutes ago, marriedtothemat said:

Wells is a junior.

Lol IBD I thought he was a Sr ,that's great he and Tanner and my son have been friends it seems so long I thought he was a Sr ,That's good I will enjoy watching him another year along with Tanner and the others at CC ,I suspect He and Moore will separate classes ,They have had some wars along with the others down there in the lighter weights .Hope he does get a title but still not 5 champs in that group till five win !! When you have middle school kids wrestling and training and competing with High Schoolers it is easy to lose track ,I put Brady through some work outs five or so years back along with a few others from KY and Ohio  he was tough ,Too bad he didn't show up more often or He would be a State Champ already lol we have ongoing bets ,He almost got to shave my head last yr if he would have won state ,He gets my pimp leather coat if he wins this yr ,Thought he was a Sr so I guess he gets two shots at Styling and profiling like a Boss and I will probably be a bit colder this winter or the next .Hope he gets a W .

• Upvote 1

Bender, Lex Cath 106
10  Yenter, CaCo 113
13  Ervin, UNCo 120
14  Sheffer, UNCo 126
Duncan, TRIN 132
5  Binder, FC 138
Smith, WV 145
Barton, TRIN 152
Andreoni, WC 160
Cornett, SK 170
Allgeier, StX 182
12  Graziani, CaCo 195
3  Chandler. MALE 220
11  Young, LAFA 285

Dark Horse Perry, CHCO -145-15th  
tiebreaker UNCo 205  

Wallace 5

Yenter*  11

Ervin 10

Sheffer 14

Duncan 12

Bidner 8

Smith 6

Barton 7

Andreoni 1

Cornett 13

Allegier 2

Krueger 3

Portman 9

Sanders 4

Tie Breaker 189.5

Darkhorse Kulmer

On February 17, 2016 at 4:08 PM, firemans34 said:

14- Cornett 170

13-keegan 132

12-Scheffer 126

11-Saul 120

10-Oxford 145

9-Barton 152

8-Heidorf 160

7-Erdman 138

6-Tucker 113

5-Young HVY

4-Allgeier 182

3- Kimble 195

2-Klein 106

1-reed 220

14- Cornett 170

13-keegan 132

12-Scheffer 126

11-Saul 120

10-Oxford 145

9-Barton 152

8-Heidorf 160

7-Erdman 138

6-CHANGING TO YENTER

5-Young HVY

4-Allgeier 182

3- Kimble 195

2-Klein 106

1-reed 220

A bit surprised so close to state and all quiet for the most part ,Some very dominant guys out of the picture ,Yenter himself told me he lost twice to tucker but was coming for him of course and Frankrone out do to injury leaving a  class that he had sent anyone who could manage either fat and happy or lean and mean ,leaving me with a KY grade school state story to tell ,Having lived in Ohio for a few years and having to to move because they sold our House we rented we moved to Independence ,Me and the Boys would often go Jogging by Thomas Moore ,Some of you know the duck ponds and stuff around the area nice scenery and all ,Anyway a certain dad/Coach not sure what he was would often see us there and beep we would wave he would go on but anyway we get to grade school state and people are like what are you doing here you guys live in Ohio and I was like no we live in Independence here's bills and what not in our name "End of story right "No lol.

So anyway we are in the hallway waiting to weigh in and this coach person who always waved at us while we were jogging by thomas moore was waiting with their son as well we are standing on one side of the hall him directly across so he says I thought you guys lived in Ohio and I'm like we did but we moved do you think know we just come to Thomas Moore all the time to run we live down the street from there  LOL and he's like oh I didn't know ,so anyway the guy is like what class is Austin in and I say he's wrestling 100 I think , And he goes well that's my boy +=÷= class and I'm like we'll that's what he weighs and he goes well He's been wanting to wrestle Austin ,And I'm like we'll guess what ..He will get to .. so the guy and his boy is standing there and the line moves and all of a sudden he grabs his boy and splits ,a few minutes pass he comes back gets in line a ways back and his boy is drinking gatorade and has two bananas in his hand and he's eating ,Needless to say after weighing in in his sweats he doesn't make weight and wrestles up and comes out of the weigh in room and says dang he didn't make weight so I say it's okay they can wrestle after they are done .exhibition and of course they did ...Twice that day once a quick pin the other a beating ...but what made me mad was there was such a stink about us not living in KY when we did and this dad in particular raised a fuss .of course we all became friends pretty much later and I cheered for his son to win state years later .

Long boring story ,But it's the truth kind of our KY Youth state story, Think Austin wrestled a CC kid in finals and Stephen wrestled Logan Jones Not sure what grade must have been about  4th 5th for Stephen he had just started to get extremely Nasty as far as wrestling level he was hitting cross picks and good stuff all over getting too good for me to even coach back then .

ANYWAY FRANKRONE IS SUCH A BEAST,AND I KNOW PEOPLE WILL SAY THEY DID NOT RUN OR WHATEVER AND IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT THERE'S ONLY ONE CLASS IN THE STATE THAT THE #1 RANKED KID HAS NEVER PLACED AT STATE , Actually making me want to see him win even more because he could have got out of dodge like everyone else .

SAW HIM WIN REGIONAL AND HE DID A GREAT ICEMAN Chuck LIDELL VICTORY POSE AND YELL NO TELLING WHAT WE CAN EXPECT AT STATE EVEN  FROM A FIRST RD WIN LOL.

ANYWAY BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE SAFE TRAVELS AND SAFE TOURNEY ,LIKE TO SEE THE TITLES GET SPREAD AROUND AND SRS WIN BUT THEN AGAIN IF UNDER CLASS MEN DO NOT GET THE Ws legends are not made .

AND PER SOMEONE ELSE'S COMMENT ,I AGREE ANGEL VASQUEZ DOES SEEM TO BE OVERLOOKED AS FAR AS CHAMPS GO ,SURE THERE WILL BE SOMEONE SURPRISES DAY 1 .

BIG QUESTIONS ON MY MIND 

1 Can AJ get that Title AND BACK UP THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ,I THINK HIS CONFIDENCE IS ACTUALLY WORKING ON THE PSYCHE OF HIS OPPONENTS ,WE WILL SEE .

2 Can Grazziani Actually pull it together for 1 whole tournament and win State NOW THAT FRANKRONE IS OUT.

3 WILL REED BE THE NEW 220 CHAMPS OR IS PORTMAN GOING OUT WITH A TITLE OVER WHO I SEE AS THE PEOPLES CHAMPION.

4 CAN YOUNG WIN AND LIVE UP TO HIS LEGEND .

5 IS SAUL THE NEW KING OF KY WRESTLING .

6 HOW MANY NEGATIVE CHECKS CAN ONE MAN GET ON ONE POST ?

7 Can Brady Wells leave All Tech pimped out in style wearing the Nature Boys Leather jacket .

8 WILL there still be a Nature Boy next yr .hahahahah.

• Upvote 2

On February 18, 2016 at 10:16 AM, TECHnWIN said:

sometimes i wish more had your knowledge of the sport. Doesnt take rocket science for someone to see 138 iS the toughest weight class. The top 3 not only can, but do compete very well nationally. Name another weight class with 3 state finalist from 2015? 

I was unaware that AJ competed nationally. What has he done or where has he been? Not a knock, he has been my pick all year long. 

Tucker Hurst and Saul Ervin with match of the tourney so far. Saul got escape with 30 seconds left to win 5-4. He may not have another match that close all weekend. But he's got another state finalist in the quarters with Wells. Seed the damn state tournament already. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It absolutely should be seeded.  There isn't a reason not too.  At the very least seed the top half and random draw the rest.  There is probably a very simple solution to this.

Union with 10 in the quarters and a 30.5 point lead over second place Oldham County after two rounds. Figured if they came from a 'weak' region they wouldn't have had that many in the quarters. Nothing to do with being tough wrestlers I guess. Smh...

• Upvote 1

Well if you can't stand the Honesty lol

HOW ABOUT THIS COMPARE THE NUMBER OF PLACERS OTHER THAN UNION KIDS WHO ACTUALLY END UP PLACING COMPARE TO KIDS FOR REG 6 OR 4 .LET'S NOT BE A CRYBABY OR ANYTHING IT'S SOMETHING THIS COMMON KNOWLEDGE Even AMONGST UNION COACHES ,It's day one of course they have a bunch still in as they should .

Would you prefer someone to say WOW they come from the toughest reg so you can pat yourselves on the back .

Trust me it's not like when CC won a few yrs back from the toughest reg that yr .There that's my plug for the home team and reg hahahah

And yes they come from a weak region. Compared to 6 And 4 who are their rivals over the last few yrs in reg and how many teams from 4 and 6 would beat them during that time .

6 out of 8 matches at 220 in championship Rd 2 were pins 1 inj Def I norm win .gonna be some clashes .

And yes day 1 if you get a high seed from a weak reg you wrestle lower seeds and your team from a weak reg can rack up points.

I know union is good but they have won state titles before because their reg is not as tough as others .

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gh0pper said:

It would be boring as heck without Natureboy. I might kid him a little but I enjoy reading his stuff.

Agreed.  Sounds like get roasted is stating that CC is more rural than UC.  Really?!!